A farewell, a new charter, and our new government lineup!

The Emperor

A five city nation leading the fourth largest alliance. I have to ask. Is this some sort of... Off-season april fools joke? Is there something i'm not getting here?

Edited by Featherine
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Featherine said:

A five city nation leading the fourth largest alliance. I have to ask. Is this some sort of... Off-season april fools joke? Is there something i'm not getting here?

I would assume a reroll or he’s known from other games, but lots of explanations I can think of.

16 hours ago, Pestilence said:

Well seeing that  hes not a reroll all i can really do is wish you luck. Will be interesting to see what T$ has is planned. 

but the real question for today is Wrong vs Bad.... what does Orbis think? @Mad Max 

https://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/25023/wrong-decisions-vs-bad-decisions

I wouldn't say this has any substance to actually look into for ORB - I would also place this under 'bad' - not wrong, but I think that is usually status quo with alliances like Pantheon.

Edit: Also:
giphy.gif

Edited by Mad Max
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry to see the Emperor leave you help pull off the impossible bringing Pantheon back from the jaws of death.  Crisis after crisis  We made a  through with your leadership you will be missed. Can’t to see what else Pantheon can surprise people at

• Like 2

Never really got why Pantheon even exists. You don't do anything other than just being there.

You might be friendly, but the game's called politics and war, not politics and happy happy joy joy kumbaya rainbows and unicorns.

You ganged up on CoS.

You ganged up on Imperium Romanum.

You downdeclared on Nordic Sea Raiders.

You got declared on in the Silent War and beaten.

You ganged up on Black Knights.

You abandoned TKR.

Seriously, what's the purpose of your existence?

21 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

You ganged up on CoS.

You ganged up on Imperium Romanum.

You ganged up on Black Knights.

Before I proceed to answer, just for clarification's sake:

CoS' case was during the Nothining.

IR's was when they tried to steal Panth's bank.

BK's refers to GGF/ToT.

Correct?

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

march toward 10 pages? im in

9 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Also can I be unbanned, so I can join the pub lobby? Rather curious to see what community my old stomping grounds is now like.

feel free to dm me wen ur assignments are all finished up ;3

rawr

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

An awful lot of people in here thinking too much about The Emperor and Ethos, and underrating the ever loving frick out of rawr.

• Upvote 6

Le1AjCa.png

56 minutes ago, Avakael said:

An awful lot of people in here thinking too much about The Emperor and Ethos, and underrating the ever loving frick out of rawr.

Couldn't care less about him, as noted, he's pretty irrelevant if he's stuck taking final cue's from a noob. If the noob is just a puppet then why waste the time of not just putting rawr up top.

19 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Couldn't care less about him, as noted, he's pretty irrelevant if he's stuck taking final cue's from a noob. If the noob is just a puppet then why waste the time of not just putting rawr up top.

I can think of another game where a nation rerolled a small nation & he ended up leading the highest Avg NS alliance in the game very effectively despite a small nation. So not sure we can really judge his leadership ability from his nation size & with how similar these political simulators are; even if he's not a reroll it doesn't mean he can't be experienced in these types of games.

2 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Katashimon13 is one of the few people capable of completely and utterly running and performing the entirety of the affairs of an IA department, Econ department, and Milcom department, all at the same time, and has been regularly putting in that kind of work in this world and another similar world for damn near a decade. Katashimon13 has also, to my recollection, never once touched FA, and thus has never sought the head honcho status in an alliance. As it is, all Ethos would seem to need to do is enter the job without the baggage of public opinion that The Emperor had, and he'll be off to a flying start.

Edited by Avakael
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Le1AjCa.png

9 hours ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

Before I proceed to answer, just for clarification's sake:

IR's was when they tried to steal Panth's bank.

BK's refers to GGF/ToT.

Correct?

For clarification's sake, I genuinely don't see value to Pantheon's existence. This wasn't a joke remark.

It's a gentle giant carebear alliance that doesn't have a reason to exist in PnW.

Perhaps it would have value in other games where cultured civility mattered, but this is not that game.

Edited by Dubayoo
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dubayoo said:

For clarification's sake, I genuinely don't see value to Pantheon's existence. This wasn't a joke remark.

It's a gentle giant carebear alliance that doesn't have a reason to exist in PnW.

Perhaps it would have value in other games where cultured civility mattered, but this is not that game.

You can question whether there's a reason to justify their existence, but you're misrepresenting those three instances.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi

1 hour ago, Dubayoo said:

Aren't you in Yakuza?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Avakael said:

Katashimon13 is one of the few people capable of completely and utterly running and performing the entirety of the affairs of an IA department, Econ department, and Milcom department, all at the same time, and has been regularly putting in that kind of work in this world and another similar world for damn near a decade. Katashimon13 has also, to my recollection, never once touched FA, and thus has never sought the head honcho status in an alliance. As it is, all Ethos would seem to need to do is enter the job without the baggage of public opinion that The Emperor had, and he'll be off to a flying start.

Don't care what he's capable of. I honestly don't. Hell, the only thing I'm really incapable of running if you wanna argue it is FA because I tend to be a very inflammatory antagonist. Although I know some would argue that's exactly why I should do FA. *Shrug*

And yet, ive also been in the position of being more or less a shadow king to an incompetent fool. The fact that he or I or anyone could run the whole show better than the entire government probably could is irrelevant, if you're waiting for the big stamp guy. If the big stamp guy is self aware enough to not have any thoughts or ideas of his own and follow you, A. You might be fine. And B., You should be where he is anyway. 

On the other hand, if that's not case, or perhaps even if it is, you're screwed. The greatest general in the world is a useless sack of garbage if his battle plans are subject to the whims of an imbecile. 

Sorry mate, but the only way this isn't just an idiotic decision is if the noob here isn't actually a noob but a reroll. Or a long time CN vet, that would be enough to reasonably quickly transfer over, I suppose. If neither of those are true, doesn't matter how good rawr is, he'll have a speed limiter on him.

17 hours ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

Correct?

Correct. Panth did not gang up on us, though. We basically agreed to duke it out like a cage match, with a like number of people on each side (not counting the one we hit, I think). So we had the jump on them, but they were able to field people with higher city counts, and the end result was a pretty fun scrap, and one of the more fair conflicts I've been a part of.

That was a while ago though. Before Fist came back.

• Like 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

27 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Correct. Panth did not gang up on us, though. We basically agreed to duke it out like a cage match, with a like number of people on each side (not counting the one we hit, I think). So we had the jump on them, but they were able to field people with higher city counts, and the end result was a pretty fun scrap, and one of the more fair conflicts I've been a part of.

That was a while ago though. Before Fist came back.

You have much brighter recollection of the events than I do :P . The way I recall it, Yui had to organize counters because the Olympian of MA was MIA, the counter's timing and organization was all over the place (only Monika declared at the stated time), and then the Pantheon counters got rolled in turn. That's where it had been agreed to to avoid an escalation if memory serves me right.