Noobs guide to a good blitz

TheShadow

1 hour ago, TheShadow said:

5) Go for the AS or GC first. Blockades come in second.

I would disagree, if said target has no ships then you should blockade first. it is not as black and white to say do this and do that it has to depend on the target and the numbers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

9 minutes ago, MoonShadow said:

I would disagree, if said target has no ships then you should blockade first. it is not as black and white to say do this and do that it has to depend on the target and the numbers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, MoonShadow said:

rofl, what?

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Charlie Traveler said:

So we should notify our targets 15 minutes before we hit them.

I did that once or twice
Didnt really change anything

You can also play mind-games by continuously telling you will blitz someone so that they think you are lying

Edited by TheShadow
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

If you're going to win regardless; starting with a blockade so they can't send out their resources or swap any out can be highly effective. If somebody has no fuel; can win the war on the first move with a blockade. So depends on the situation.

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, MoonShadow said:

Good thing everyone still treats you as a fool then.

4 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

If you're going to win regardless; starting with a blockade so they can't send out their resources or swap any out can be highly effective. If somebody has no fuel; can win the war on the first move with a blockade. So depends on the situation.

Dude
You are blitzing an entire alliance
Why THE frick WILL YOU BEIGE?

Just now, TheShadow said:

Dude
You are blitzing an entire alliance
Why THE frick WILL YOU BEIGE?

I'm saying as a tactic to prevent them from sending their resources to the bank or using their funds to buy necessary war resources they don't already have on hand. So you can exploit weaknesses with blockades if you have a spy op first & see them.

1 minute ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I'm saying as a tactic to prevent them from sending their resources to the bank or using their funds to buy necessary war resources they don't already have on hand. So you can exploit weaknesses with blockades if you have a spy op first & see them.

well, the competent alliances usually have something called a warchest
And if you have a pretty big amount on you, you have ships too

Edited by TheShadow

12 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

I did that once or twice
Didnt really change anything

You can also play mind-games by continuously telling you will blitz someone so that they think you are lying

Kinda let when @Jroc keeps asking when everyone is rolling KT. I have my eye on you now, RoqBot #238. 

9 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Problem with what you and MoonShadow are talking about is that it is super situational. U like shouldn't say that stuff on the forums it is that situational. 

1 minute ago, TheShadow said:

well, the competent alliances usually have something called a warchest
And if you have a pretty big amount on you, you have ships too

If they have a proper warchest; then a blockade first won't help much in winning. Although even assuming a full alliance blitz; having 1 of 3 people get somebody in a blockade so they can't send their resources out to the bank can have benefits as well. There are many situations where doing so they can't spend or sell their resources during the war would be a smart move; especially when having 3 people blitz one nation.

• Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

If they have a proper warchest; then a blockade first won't help much in winning. Although even assuming a full alliance blitz; having 1 of 3 people get somebody in a blockade so they can't send their resources out to the bank can have benefits as well. There are many situations where doing so they can't spend or sell their resources during the war would be a smart move; especially when having 3 people blitz one nation.

No there isn't. Not more valuable than the nullification of enemy units.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

No there isn't. Not more valuable than the nullification of enemy units.

Still possible to naval blockade someone right before turn change; then grab ground supremacy right after. Doing so if your ground forces are already stronger; grounding most of their aircrafts would already nullify enough units in addition to getting a blockade in. So depends on the circumstances.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Still possible to naval blockade someone right before turn change; then grab ground supremacy right after. Doing so if your ground forces are already stronger; grounding most of their aircrafts would already nullify enough units in addition to getting a blockade in. So depends on the circumstances.

Bro. 

You are shit outta luck if they have fortress, and most alliances do. 

And it's always better to airstrike. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheRebelMan said:

Bro. 

You are shit outta luck if they have fortress, and most alliances do. 

And it's always better to airstrike. 

Unless they have over $90m cash on hand & you want the loot; in addition to defeating them. If they can send out all their resources as soon as they realize they've been hit; then you could end up with no loot. So if you don't care about loot & they already have a big warchest; then an early blockade might not have much purpose.

• Like 1