Where we droppin bois?

King Arthur

Everyone's getting so detailed. 

If we wanted allies help we would have seriously asked. Lmao and those of y'all who hate on a 0% tax are ignorant to economics. If you want to learn something. Hit me up. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

Everyone's getting so detailed. 

If we wanted allies help we would have seriously asked. Lmao and those of y'all who hate on a 0% tax are ignorant to economics. If you want to learn something. Hit me up. 

Personally I like 0% taxes; makes it easier to fight in wars when you're being taxed zero. Although if getting sufficient return on what you're paying in taxes; such as new cities at a regular pace; eventually paying for those cities out of pocket gets harder and harder. So if the system works & people can opt for 0% taxes or growth programs where they're taxed higher with perks; I think in theory the system could work well. Assuming proper management and such.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

On 2/24/2019 at 12:40 PM, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Personally I like 0% taxes; makes it easier to fight in wars when you're being taxed zero. Although if getting sufficient return on what you're paying in taxes; such as new cities at a regular pace; eventually paying for those cities out of pocket gets harder and harder. So if the system works & people can opt for 0% taxes or growth programs where they're taxed higher with perks; I think in theory the system could work well. Assuming proper management and such.

*cough*

Take it from me, 0/0 is a pain in the ass when it comes to alliance finances. The problem is that in order to actually get anything building, you need to be able to afford the initial cost to buy said thing, and then tax them afterwards to recoup said cost and make a profit. Without the ability to afford the initial cost, then you might as well let your members develop themselves.

As for fighting in wars, well, if you need resources, then you should ask your alliance bank for them. Not even we chose to stick directly with member supply only, and sent out aid as requested and needed. Also, taxing people apparently gets around blockades nowadays, and so if you're being beaten down and blockaded, high taxes that are then returned when your members are on beige is a pretty decent way to staunch losses from getting looted. 

For the growth program idea, well, while it might work in smaller alliances, or the exceptionally poor ones that have less of a reserve than we do, the amount of resources that you'd get from the pooled income of your alliance far outstrips the amount you'd generate on your own on 0% taxes. IMO, you'd be better off getting funded by the alliance and paying down the debt, as I believe that the impact of a 0% growth program would be relatively negligible as well as taking longer, and would also constitute a drain on alliance finances with the inability to recoup at least the initial cost of said growth program. 

Edited by Quichwe10
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Quichwe10 said:

*cough*

Take it from me, 0/0 is a pain in the ass when it comes to alliance finances. The problem is that in order to actually get anything building, you need to be able to afford the initial cost to buy said thing, and then tax them afterwards to recoup said cost and make a profit. Without the ability to afford the initial cost, then you might as well let your members develop themselves.

As for fighting in wars, well, if you need resources, then you should ask your alliance bank for them. Not even we chose to stick directly with member supply only, and sent out aid as requested and needed. Also, taxing people apparently gets around blockades nowadays, and so if you're being beaten down and blockaded, high taxes that are then returned when your members are on beige is a pretty decent way to staunch losses from getting looted. 

For the growth program idea, well, while it might work in smaller alliances, or the exceptionally poor ones that have less of a reserve than we do, the amount of resources that you'd get from the pooled income of your alliance far outstrips the amount you'd generate on your own on 0% taxes. IMO, you'd be better off getting funded by the alliance and paying down the debt, as I believe that the impact of a 0% growth program would be relatively negligible as well as taking longer, and would also constitute a drain on alliance finances with the inability to recoup at least the initial cost of said growth program. 

I think flexibility in a tax program, where those who are consistently fighting as they should get 0% tax maybe to incentivize them to keep doing so might be good. Then those who aren’t fighting at all & just being looted can be put on 100% until they get active.

Nation devoted to production w/o commerce makes the same at 2k infra compare to 1k infra if they don’t touch their improvements, although a production based economy is more feasible with low taxes & nations need to decide on what improvements to keep early on in an extended conflict.

Somehow...Camelot took a score drop...Despite being on the offensive side of a dogpile...Wow. 

Edit: This is what happens without Daddy BK to save them.

Edited by Ryan1
  • Downvote 1

Epi, dont give yourself much credit, the only thing Camelot did was speed up the disbandment process, which we had already started before your raids. 

Your trash didnt disband TI, it was already in the works before you showed up

• Upvote 1

PoJQyFJ.gif

15 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Score drop could be completely unrelated

It could, or it couldn't. As it's a known fact that I hate Cumalot, I'll say TI was doing damage to Cam's higher people.