Protectorate Rabbit Hole

Radoje

In all fairness, I checked my logs and confirmed that DB's protection of CoA predates that of tS' protection of CoA and DB. DB did not deliberately contribute to this situation. When we signed the CoA treaty, they weren't tied to tS, Animal Farm or Alpha. If I am not mistaken, Placentica came out of VM to fight in Knightfall and the CoA-Alpha treaty was signed around that time

Edited by Yoda

58 minutes ago, Yoda said:

In all fairness, I checked my logs and confirmed that DB's protection of CoA predates that of tS' protection of CoA and DB. DB did not deliberately contribute to this situation. When we signed the CoA treaty, they weren't tied to tS, Animal Farm or Alpha. If I am not mistaken, Placentica came out of VM to fight in Knightfall and the CoA-Alpha treaty was signed around that time

So why keep them now? 

Damn, TKR trying manufacture drama hot out of the gate. I see you boys, I see you.  That resentment over the blasting must have been something fierce to start it off this early though. Fine by me.  

We can do better. Animal Farm is strong strapping alliance, I think they can take up a protectorate of their own. 

Edited by Hilmes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

40 minutes ago, Hilmes said:

Damn, TKR trying manufacture drama hot out of the gate. I see you boys, I see you.  

We can do better. Animal Farm is strong strapping alliance, I think they can take up a protectorate of their own. 

Now that you mention it, they'd be strong enough to protect t$. You could complete the circuit by creating a visually pleasing loop of protection. 

49 minutes ago, Schirminator said:

Now that you mention it, they'd be strong enough to protect t$. You could complete the circuit by creating a visually pleasing loop of protection. 

I was thinking along the lines of contracting out their services. Kinda like a strong body guard to keep the badies away. Ya'll interested? You could use it. 

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

The Knights Radiant is hardly in a position to diagnose bad diplomacy.

The Church remains strong.

So long as the great Roo chooses to roam Orbis, he will have the sanction, and blessing of the Church for his unwavering support in bringing us too the one true God Atom. Placentica is the great Pilgrim, and We are obligated to protect and provide, as he has done, and continues to do for us. 

Gloria pertinet ad Atom!

• Like 4

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

9 hours ago, Yoda said:

Like half the point of the OP is that protectorates shouldn't have protectorates of their own.

Game needs restrictions on treaties

1. If you are a protectorate you can't protect another alliance, makes no sense protecting someone if you can't protect yourself

2. Max number of treaties, you have to think a bit more before making and ally and should reduce the size of maxispheres so it's easy to have a small scale war without going into a full world war, also makes easier to be paperless without being a huge upper tier alliance (CoS, Grumpy, SK, etc.)

Both should also reduce the number of micros because if it's harder to find a protector it's easy to see the micro die, for the best new alliances should be easier to find protectors so the worst micros are the one that die or not even start

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

The game can restrict treaties all it wants. We’d just go back to forum post and alliance page listings.

We have to collaborate and don't do that, limit on treaties can make politics more interestings

Since Partisan is no more there's no reason to keep this intel private, his plan was to unite a bunch of small alliances under the protectorate banner to have tS seemed to be less of a threat. After the war he was going to continue to grow/foster the micro band of doom under Syndicate to be used against IQ/TKRsphere should the need arise, or if IQ became saucy and tried to isolate them post-war. 

Mind you this was a Partisan plan, not a tS plan, they weren't privy to that knowledge. 

scSqPGJ.gif

14 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Since Partisan is no more there's no reason to keep this intel private, his plan was to unite a bunch of small alliances under the protectorate banner to have tS seemed to be less of a threat. After the war he was going to continue to grow/foster the micro band of doom under Syndicate to be used against IQ/TKRsphere should the need arise, or if IQ became saucy and tried to isolate them post-war. 

Mind you this was a Partisan plan, not a tS plan, they weren't privy to that knowledge. 

So basically his plan was to do what IQ is doing right now?

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

That sounds hilarious, and now I wish Partisan had stayed to give it a crack.

Le1AjCa.png