Training target-nation for new players.

MonkeyDLegend

@MonkeyDLegend damn you for being lazy. :v

Monkey had an idea of having a few dummy nations around for the new players to attack, while staying in beige (for the first 14 days of protection).

That way, they get to get accustomed to the war mechanics and have some "action" without having to wait for too long.

This could indeed be part of the tutorial/objectives. The nations per se would give no loots. Wars could last for 2 days as always or could be shorter for those specific nations.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

well if i wasn't lazy i wouldn't had the idea XD explaing things over and over get's boring :P

32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

I like it - how would their militaries and infra be managed though? Respawn every day at a certain rate or what? 

And what would the objectives be? 

I think this has a lot of potential though,  since navigating the war screen is a pretty crucial aspect of playing the game, especially for new nations. 

• Like 1

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

I'm thinking the game could spawn a new nation everytime someone reaches that objective with sufficient infrastructure and forces. Maybe put some loot in too. When the war ends, the nation would get deleted.

To avoid bugs, the target nation would only appear to the player which reached the objective. If others put the nationid in, the game would say that the target nation does not exist.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

I'm thinking the game could spawn a new nation everytime someone reaches that objective with sufficient infrastructure and forces. Maybe put some loot in too. When the war ends, the nation would get deleted.

To avoid bugs, the target nation would only appear to the player which reached the objective. If others put the nationid in, the game would say that the target nation does not exist.

1 hour ago, Wilhelm the Demented said:

I like it - how would their militaries and infra be managed though? Respawn every day at a certain rate or what? 

And what would the objectives be? 

I think this has a lot of potential though,  since navigating the war screen is a pretty crucial aspect of playing the game, especially for new nations. 

Objective 25 and 26 would be moved to be 26&27 and that would make this objective 25. https://politicsandwar.fandom.com/wiki/Objectives
Right after you've finished objective 24 you get a nitification about a war. that solves infra military and rrs which were the former objectives.
(this would also mean that the nation needs longer time on objective 24 or more infra).
the bot nation attacking doesn't need to have 100 resistance but can have 31R (ofc this nation doesn't give loot from ground atks). So the new player can use the first 6maps and then has to wait for 8h and must either use air/navy. Reward from that objective should be the loot aka rrs and cash used in the war.

mostly зед's idea and i would say that could work very well for new player, the bot nation doesn't need to have 100R since an objective and should be ez and done fast. just to let them get a taste of the war mechanich.

ofc this includes some pop up msgs that explain how things work and what to use.

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
luffyt$forum.gif

16 hours ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

Allow new players (while in first beige). This can be part of the tutorial 

Written by @Ripper &OP

What happens if someone (a particularly stupid someone) doesn’t do the objectives and the beige ends? What if they end their beige early? Would they still be able to use the target nation or have they just simply missed out?

• Upvote 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

for some reason i was requested to present part of this suggestion
such communication ... very skills... wow

from Z with some help from MDL

War Count: 2 (only 1 is fought)
War Type: Any, so long as they are different
War Timer : 24+ hours
Target Resistance: 31
Required Attacks: at least 2 separate conventional attacks (ground, air, sea)
Loot: Comes in the form of a Gas and Munitions Refund + Static total rewards like an objective (this would be auto mathed in the background based off war type/attacks used)
Reward: Whatever is left of the intended total reward of this objective (with an explanation not to worry everyone gets the same reward in the end)

Steps

1. Introduction of Objective
    1. Explain War Types
    2. Give dummy's link
  2. Go Declare War
    1. Auto-Peaced
  3. Pat on the back Screen
    1. Give dummy's link
  4. Go declare another war
    1. Double Ground
    2. Instruction to wait 4 turns for next attack
    3. Air or naval
    4. Auto balanced loot
  5. Good Job Screen
    1. Recap
    2. Rewards
    3. Reminder
  6. Next objective

Add as much information as you deem necessary in whatever areas you think require it.

hashtageffort

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
spaceeeeeeeeee rawr
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

What happens if someone (a particularly stupid someone) doesn’t do the objectives and the beige ends? What if they end their beige early? Would they still be able to use the target nation or have they just simply missed out?

if you haven't done the objective then you still can do it. Beige time has nothing to with it other then it's during the first beige and you don't change to grey while you're in that war.

• Upvote 2
luffyt$forum.gif

• 3 weeks later...

thier should also be target nations for all levels, mayb you can create them and set thier size, youcan fuight the war, but you get no loot out of it. This would help nations wiht squads and coordination aginst a non-responsive target.

• Downvote 1

On 3/3/2019 at 9:55 PM, Mohammad.badawy4 said:

thier should also be target nations for all levels, mayb you can create them and set thier size, youcan fuight the war, but you get no loot out of it. This would help nations wiht squads and coordination aginst a non-responsive target.

Not sure what you mean.... We do have a bettle simulator here: https://politicsandwar.com/tools/

luffyt$forum.gif

On 3/8/2019 at 1:58 AM, MonkeyDLegend said:

Not sure what you mean.... We do have a bettle simulator here: https://politicsandwar.com/tools/

Ik, but you lose nothing, and the bot does nto fihgt back.......

i mean you could trian on a mercenary if u wanted to, but like password protected nations that you can customize, (but not get any loot out of), and hit wiht your squad to train on coordination.

basicly you can pay a set fee, say 1 million, and you can create a target nation wiht a password to delcare war on. You can customize its military, stockplie ect, or it could be standardised. Youfight it and if you win you do not loot anything. But it would help train nations on how to work in a team.