'Empire' feature in wars

Ryan1

The proposed 'Empire' feature would make the wars in this game similar to wars throughout history, especially in ancient times. (Yes, I am a history buff.) When you lose a war, for the next 84 turns 10% of your income post-alliance taxes goes to the victor. Here's how it would work:

Changes To The Current War System: Zip. Zero. Zilch. Everything will remain the same, from the declare war button to MAPs and resistance to collecting end-of-war money and resources.

Financial Impact: This is the major change. From the moment one side wins, they automatically get 10% percent of the opponents income, post-alliance taxes. 

Trade/Rebuild Impact: This isn't like a blockade, where the blockaded person can't trade. You can still do normal trades and rebuild infra and military as you normally would. You may rebuild slower due to the reduced income, especially if you just lost multiple wars.

Other Impacts: Can't really think of many. The only real impact is the 10% income loss. However, this can add up and could benefit war alliances like Arrgh. It probably will lead to more mass raids and small scale wars, because now, if you win, you get 10% of the opponents income for a week after. If you beige 3 nations with 4 million gross revenue per day, you'll get 1.2million dollars per day, which adds up to 8.4 million over the course of the week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Edward I said:

There's one too many steps in there...

Even for an alliance with 200 members, you can get 10 people to send the resources back to 20 nations they have undertaken to monitor. Regarding the taxes spreadsheets, that's already a problem solved.

But you are right. It would be hard for Roq to do all that alone. :(

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

Even for an alliance with 200 members, you can get 10 people to send the resources back to 20 nations they have undertaken to monitor. Regarding the taxes spreadsheets, that's already a problem solved. 

But you are right. It would be hard for Roq to do all that alone. :(

Yeah, I agree. Jokes aside, 100% taxes circumvent the consequences of most proposals like these.

If you're talking about hitting inactives then maybe it could work because the person hasn't been online. But for active nations it makes harder for them to recover as they already lost resources, cash and infrastructure. 

On 2/18/2019 at 2:44 PM, Ryan1 said:

Hmm...You get negative revenue? It's pretty hard to lose 10 wars in 7 days.

Oh, it's possible. ...Not without deliberate effort, but it can well be done.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Oh, it's possible. ...Not without deliberate effort, but it can well be done.

I never said it was impossible. If you lose 5 wars, then immediately go out of beige and lose 5 more, it can be done. You could probably even lose 15 if you tried hard.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ryan1 said:

I never said it was impossible. If you lose 5 wars, then immediately go out of beige and lose 5 more, it can be done. You could probably even lose 15 if you tried hard.

Fair enough. Incidentally, I think 32 is the maximum in a 7 day period... 62 hours per set of 8 wars, so if you start the clock as soon as you lose the first eight, you have just enough time for 3 more sets of defeats, plus a bit of leeway.

Which would put someone who did this about halfway to the 'wars lost' leaderboard. Strangely enough, this wouldn't even come close to breaching the 'lowest approval' leaderboard, since those nations are preposterously deep in negative approval... here I thought my -888% was bad, jeez ?

• Upvote 1

it should be a 1% tax on thier income for the beidge time, and should eb cappped at 5%, that way  you cant lose 320% of your income

also, it could only be for nations that have not logged in for a while, say 2 weeks......

good idea thoguh