Impreza's Journal: Entry #1 - Recent Matters

Impreza

image.png.f948c93f120dc5d366b1a0da7ce81339.png

Hello everyone,

If you look back on my old forum posts, you'll see that I've struggled to find my style. They're kind of all over the place. I suck at role-playing and stuff and not a great story teller. So I am starting this series so I can let my thoughts out and speak candidly with the community.

Firstly, shout out to Politics and War for being a fun game.

Now I'd like to talk about the businesses that are offered by PnW players. As some of you may know, I ran a moderately successful bank called Goldward Banking Corporation. and we recently merged with another bank of similar size, Leviathan Bank. The new enterprise, Manticore Bank is set for greatness, and I am still confident that significant growth and profits await.
For anyone wondering, here is a link to the press release of the merger: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gtiqGZynEyxkTvDuPi0YQmhmBE3IfGZPAB7RFWfe8KI/edit?usp=sharing

I'm very proud to be the Chairman of Manticore, and so far it has been enjoyable working with everyone involved.

Now, for my other project I've been working on. The Alaska Foundation (TAF), my idea for a non-profit within Politics and War. The idea was that we would garner contributions and distribute in the form of grants; for cities, projects, etc. It hasn't been tried before, to my knowledge, outside of alliances.

So recently, a new player named Hughes decided it would be fun to accuse TAF of being a Pyramid Scheme. See Graphic below.

On_a_Certain_Pyramid_Scheme_-_The_first_research_project_of_many.jpg

This is quite laughable, and Hughes even admitted that it was a joke and he didn't believe what he was saying.

image.png.cf5ec8e1ba41290ba3d337edd6750c8e.png

So that caused me some temporary anxiety, but I'm glad it was sorted out. I'm planning on continuing with The Alaska Foundation, and I'm hoping it pans out the way I hope.

In other news I have a discord server to feed my ego. Just a place to chill and have fun (yeah, I also stole--ahem, improved--this idea from Fraggle).
Join Impreza Town: https://discord.gg/YyaMYyp

Well that's about all I can think to say for now. See y'all next time!

Kind Regards,

Subaru Impreza of North Alaska

• Upvote 5

but oh, i cant leave without saying this. im longing to see where you can take TAF. truly, an innovative idea that ive never seen before. still disappointed that you did not drop its discord link in there :\

Edited by Blitz
yeah, i keep typing IAF(Indian airforce) even when i say TAF in my head.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blitz said:

but oh, i cant leave without saying this. im longing to see where you can take TAF. truly, an innovative idea that ive never seen before. still disappointed that you did not drop its discord link in there ?

Thanks for the kind words.

As for the acronym for The Alaska Foundation, i just used TAF because i needed something convenient. I don’t care what people actually call it. Another option could bu AKF i suppose. But ehh this is all details that don’t matter in the long run. 

• Upvote 1

Tbh, unless you're top tier, PnW really isn't good for banking. There's so many resources in the game now, and alliances will grant newcomers plenty of resources to get their economies rolling ASAP.

It makes you come off like this: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ripper said:

@Impreza can you elaborate more on the goals/way of functioning of the organization? It sounds really interesting.

So the primary goal of The Alaska Foundation is to fund growth in the form of grants. Sure this is usually done by alliances, but I am providing an alternative here when alliances can't help. Grants come in the form of cities, projects, infra/land, and anything else. All responses are recorded using a google form.

Right now I have three people working on this. Myself, in charge of everything we offer, @JDTech in charge of operations and technology, and slw122 in charge of PR and Marketing. I am searching now for someone to help out more with fundraising.

My hopes are to get a few rich people to contribute, and keep them coming so we can continue to fund grants. Smaller donations are also welcome. We don't have a minimum investment, but I am thinking that may be necessary, as $100k contributions aren't very useful. We will be investing our assets as any endowment would, in brokers, banks, and possibly alliances. As of now we have a whopping $1.7 million to work with. We are going to release monthly statements of cash balances, investments, and grants out. 

Hopefully that helps, if anyone has any more questions I am happy to talk on Discord.

29 minutes ago, Impreza said:

So the primary goal of The Alaska Foundation is to fund growth in the form of grants. Sure this is usually done by alliances, but I am providing an alternative here when alliances can't help. Grants come in the form of cities, projects, infra/land, and anything else. All responses are recorded using a google form.

Right now I have three people working on this. Myself, in charge of everything we offer, @JDTech in charge of operations and technology, and slw122 in charge of PR and Marketing. I am searching now for someone to help out more with fundraising.

My hopes are to get a few rich people to contribute, and keep them coming so we can continue to fund grants. Smaller donations are also welcome. We don't have a minimum investment, but I am thinking that may be necessary, as $100k contributions aren't very useful. We will be investing our assets as any endowment would, in brokers, banks, and possibly alliances. As of now we have a whopping $1.7 million to work with. We are going to release monthly statements of cash balances, investments, and grants out. 

Hopefully that helps, if anyone has any more questions I am happy to talk on Discord.

Cities for... who, exactly? I know some lads in NPO i'm sure who'd like a city 17 since their alliance can't help. Maybe some Polaris guys who've been at 12 cities for years because of old tiering restrictions to avoid syndisphere that just haven't gotten new ones built yet...?

The problem with this idea is that, yes, alliances usually do grants. Because unlike charity, grants actually benefit the people spending the money directly. Since this is how any even remotely not trash alliance functions, that leaves you with giving grants to... whom? People in alliances that are so bad they can't figure out a growth plan to (literally) save themselves? Probably don't even have protection, or if they do, not a competent and experienced among them? Or better yet you'll be like that TG guy in the PW discord, trying to give people without an alliance the benefits of being in one by trying to organize them. Without making an alliance of course.

You wanna do those people a favor, i got a cheaper way. Send them to a different bloody alliance. Convince their leader to disband and join someplace well run, or take my favorite route and convince them with force. Cause otherwise yah might as well donate to Micchan to fuel their keno gambling. 

It's a nice thought and all, but ultimately its a mediocre-at-best solution to a problem that has a far easier and simpler solution already. 

5 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Cities for... who, exactly? I know some lads in NPO i'm sure who'd like a city 17 since their alliance can't help. Maybe some Polaris guys who've been at 12 cities for years because of old tiering restrictions to avoid syndisphere that just haven't gotten new ones built yet...?

The problem with this idea is that, yes, alliances usually do grants. Because unlike charity, grants actually benefit the people spending the money directly. Since this is how any even remotely not trash alliance functions, that leaves you with giving grants to... whom? People in alliances that are so bad they can't figure out a growth plan to (literally) save themselves? Probably don't even have protection, or if they do, not a competent and experienced among them? Or better yet you'll be like that TG guy in the PW discord, trying to give people without an alliance the benefits of being in one by trying to organize them. Without making an alliance of course.

You wanna do those people a favor, i got a cheaper way. Send them to a different bloody alliance. Convince their leader to disband and join someplace well run, or take my favorite route and convince them with force. Cause otherwise yah might as well donate to Micchan to fuel their keno gambling. 

It's a nice thought and all, but ultimately its a mediocre-at-best solution to a problem that has a far easier and simpler solution already. 

Thank you for your thoughts. This is some good stuff to keep in mind.

I'm not claiming that this will solve any problems in PnW. I don't see any problems with just giving back to people who need help, and no, we don't expect anything in return; the grants aren't going to benefit us directly, other than the possibility of people we help out giving back donations later on when they have more income. Also, I'm not trying to "give people without an alliance the benefits of being in one." We don't have that large of a scope. 

You are justified in being skeptical of this idea, but I think that once we start doing operations we can show what the real purpose is and how we are achieving it.
The closest thing to what I'm trying here is Fraggle's chaos fund... which has a much different purpose.

1 hour ago, Impreza said:

Thank you for your thoughts. This is some good stuff to keep in mind.

I'm not claiming that this will solve any problems in PnW. I don't see any problems with just giving back to people who need help, and no, we don't expect anything in return; the grants aren't going to benefit us directly, other than the possibility of people we help out giving back donations later on when they have more income. Also, I'm not trying to "give people without an alliance the benefits of being in one." We don't have that large of a scope. 

You are justified in being skeptical of this idea, but I think that once we start doing operations we can show what the real purpose is and how we are achieving it.
The closest thing to what I'm trying here is Fraggle's chaos fund... which has a much different purpose.

If it doesn't solve a problem than your organization is useless and should cease its existence. Organizations and charities exist to solve problems, if they can't or do not do that, then they are useless. 

Define needing help, as i've established the people who'd really need such help would be far better served by you recommending alliances for them to go to than you sending them any money. I don't actually understand why anyone would put money into something that seeks to do what competent alliances do for their members, but do it for people whose alliances can't, therefore meaning the alliance is trash and the person needing help should seek a different one out. Your intent may not be to do as TG is doing, and the fact you lack the scope is irrelevant; so do they. Yet it's essentially the same goal. 

So again, who exactly would you aid with this? As i see it, you're either helping people who don't really need it, or you're essentially lighting money on fire by sending it to people who ought be elsewhere, and thus not needing the charity anyway. 

Fraggle's chaos fund actually functions properly as a charity however, by solving a problem. That problem being that Fraggle cannot herself afford to upkeep all her nukes and build more. 

8 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

If it doesn't solve a problem than your organization is useless and should cease its existence. Organizations and charities exist to solve problems, if they can't or do not do that, then they are useless. 

Define needing help, as i've established the people who'd really need such help would be far better served by you recommending alliances for them to go to than you sending them any money. I don't actually understand why anyone would put money into something that seeks to do what competent alliances do for their members, but do it for people whose alliances can't, therefore meaning the alliance is trash and the person needing help should seek a different one out. Your intent may not be to do as TG is doing, and the fact you lack the scope is irrelevant; so do they. Yet it's essentially the same goal. 

So again, who exactly would you aid with this? As i see it, you're either helping people who don't really need it, or you're essentially lighting money on fire by sending it to people who ought be elsewhere, and thus not needing the charity anyway. 

Fraggle's chaos fund actually functions properly as a charity however, by solving a problem. That problem being that Fraggle cannot herself afford to upkeep all her nukes and build more. 

Well, having a purpose and solving a problem are two different things. TAF has a purpose, just as Fraggle does in her Chaos Fund. With your logic, what problem are Banks within the game solving? Alliances could easily provide loans to their members, and they do. 

Our goal is to distribute grants to nations. Which nations? Those who apply and demonstrate the greatest need.

3 minutes ago, Quichwe10 said:

....How does one apply for a grant? And how does the foundation judge the amount of need they're in?

Anyone may apply for a grant on a google form (linked on the discord server). The amount requested is indicated on the application. Need is judged based on responses to the form, and a short interview conducted after that. A number of factors go into that, such as, have they already asked for help from their alliance, what state their nation is in, etc.

From the desk of Uncle Traveling Matt

The Nation of Fraggle Rock

UncleTravelingMattFraggle.jpg.947ef30e724c05bca37f66ebfe271bce.jpg

Greetings Friends!! I am glad that this new concept might happen. I am also sad that my own alliance partner couldn't give us Fraggles a shout out. Oh well.

As for The Alaska Foundation, Fraggle Rock is willing to match dollar for dollar, up to 100 million dollars. This is legit and not a Fraggle scam. I feel this might work and bring a new angle to the world.

I hope others will donate and take my cash with it.

Many hugs,

Uncle Traveling Matt

• Like 2