Running out of food effect

KingGhost

I was looking at war mechanics and was thinking how blockades could matter during a war and I was looking at food specifically. 

I did some research and only saw it only reduced gross income by 33% and nothing else, I assumed this must be a typo or something I’d assume that soldiers would be reduced if your nation completely runs out of food since logically as the only unit that actually consumes food there’s a good reasoning that it should be reduced if they don’t get food.

Asking on discord #Game help I also saw people also thought that if soldiers use food and you run out they should get a reduction, but it doesn’t seem like it.

From the wiki the only effect of running out of food is a reduction of gross income of 33%. I’ll assume this is the truth since I think they fact check on the wiki.

im proposing on top of the 33% reduction in gross income you should only be able to use 2/3rd of soldiers if your nation is on 0 food after a turn. 

The reasoning is as the only unit that consumes food it should also have a weakness if your out of food. Similar to how if you don’t have munis and gas you can’t use the other 3.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...