Friendly practice wars between alliance members

Ivan Ivanov

I get the intention - Military drills.

This is already possible for those who REALLY want to experience and try out the war feature - Join the test server and wage war without consequences!

To learn proper warfare though, you need more than a few friendly wars. The actual blitz, the stress of coordination along with other vital aspects in PvP wars.

If you just want to try out the war mechanics, and learn the very basics, find a shitty micro and run it over - There are LOTS of them!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SamohT said:

This is already possible for those who REALLY want to experience and try out the war feature - Join the test server and wage war without consequences!

To learn proper warfare though, you need more than a few friendly wars. The actual blitz, the stress of coordination along with other vital aspects in PvP wars.

If you just want to try out the war mechanics, and learn the very basics, find a shitty micro and run it over - There are LOTS of them!

Most of them protected and of they're not and actually in range they usually just die. 

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

Most of them protected and of they're not and actually in range they usually just die. 

Well, who cares if they die?

If new players, who declares on them with the main purpose of experiencing the war feature and get some basic military training, ends up killing them, im sure they won't be missed.

39 minutes ago, SamohT said:

Maybe have friendly practice wars between alliances? Perhaps only alliances who have a treaty between them? Sort of like a nation RIMPAC (except for full war)?

inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

1 minute ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

Maybe have friendly practice wars between alliances? Perhaps only alliances who have a treaty between them? Sort of like a nation RIMPAC (except for full war)?

I'm personally not a fan of gameplay that has no game effects, but i do understand why you want something like this.

But how do you intend to simulate real proper wars, which is needed if new players are to learn anything from this, if you do not lose units or infra etc.?

Then it will just be useless attacks, where you won't face the consequences of your actions, or experience the scenarios where your enemy got the upper hand against you.
It will just be single attacks, that leads to nothing.

I don't see this as good military training, and because of that, not really think this is something i would encourage.

41 minutes ago, SamohT said:

Well, who cares if they die?

If new players, who declares on them with the main purpose of experiencing the war feature and get some basic military training, ends up killing them, im sure they won't be missed.

Because not everybody aims to kill them in quite that manner, and it doesn't make very good experience for anything but face rolling people who won't fight back.

Also for this to be really good it'd have to essentially create a clone of the nation to fight the simulated war so that it can take simulated damage that doesn't affect the real one 

Edited by Akuryo

On 2/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, Akuryo said:

Because not everybody aims to kill them in quite that manner, and it doesn't make very good experience for anything but face rolling people who won't fight back.

Also for this to be really good it'd have to essentially create a clone of the nation to fight the simulated war so that it can take simulated damage that doesn't affect the real one 

Yeah, let's not create a fake clone nation just to fight friendly wars.

If you want proper war experience, fight a proper war.

42 minutes ago, SamohT said:

Yeah, let's not create a fake clone nation just to fight friendly wars.

If you want proper war experience, fight a proper war.

My saying it was kind of the point that it's ridiculous and approximately 75,000% more effort than Alex would put in.