2019 Award Suggestions

Ryan1

Do you think one of the awards categories is stupid and should be removed next year? Or maybe a new category that didn't exist this year should be added? If you fall into one or both of those categories, reply with your suggestion for future Politics And War award categories. If your suggestion has already been posted here, post it again! It'll just show more support for that category. I'll start this off with my suggestion:

Categories I think should be added:

Biggest Pixel-huggers
Most Annoying Poster

Categories I think should be removed:

All the repetitive ones (i.e. Most Improved Alliance/Best Alliance Growth)

• Like 3

Remove all the current awards

Add:

-Best pigeon

-Worst thing Alex did during the year

-Funniest game bug

-Best rum drinker

-Best twerker

-Best travel destination for VM

-Worst game report

-Worst use of the word "nazi" by Kosmokenny

-Worst treaty violation by NPO

Edited by Micchan
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

Again, not really tackling the biggest issues. I mean heck, some of the voting options were literally the same thing and no one picked up on it.

Nominations needs to be done properly, spamming results somehow needs to be addressed, competent people need to be in charge. Otherwise I am with Pre, just ditch them and move on. I much more enjoyed looking back at all the interesting and funny things that happened throughout the year via Rado's vid than the awards.

So maybe just focus on making a few different vids looking back at what happened in each year?

• Upvote 3

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

• 4 months later...

Most out of date and out of context logs discussing hypotheticals for use as a CB to enter a war that is suicide, while lying continuously throughout regarding foreign involvement.

I nominate EoS for that one. A bit late, but better late than never. :P

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Best Game Suggestion and Best Game Suggestions member.

Not that that’s me, though, but I’ve seen some good ones.

• Like 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2019 at 5:55 PM, Meh Imperfect said:

Add "Most Improved Player" and vote that for mee ❤️ Thank you!

What did you do to get that vote ?

As i see it, you’re not even eligible for your name to be on it. Not yet atleast.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Maia said:

I suggest banning awards this year. INQ can win every category just by using this 1k smurfs alliance.

Or this time set up a jury so they can decide.

"We can't win so lets ban it"

Sounds like your guys go to move these days.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Leo the Great said:

"We can't win so lets ban it"

Sounds like your guys go to move these days.

I have no side. And never liked that alliance or bloc choose for who should I vote. But it seems for you its pretty normal thing I guess.

78be39c24ea9f3a0med.jpg 

Guest Curufinwe
On 6/25/2019 at 1:38 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

Oldest continuous bloc

Hint: It's IQ

Actually it's Covenant

3 hours ago, Maia said:

I have no side. And never liked that alliance or bloc choose for who should I vote. But it seems for you its pretty normal thing I guess.

Former IQ AAs never required our members to vote a certain way (and given the nature of past votes it wouldn't be enforceable if we did).  We did develop a common slate to cut down on vote splitting, but that was (and is) an option available to any AA.  Other groups were (and are) free to do the same which, if people feel strongly on the matter, might be more productive than a third year of complaining about who chooses to vote for what.

Edited by Curufinwe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hi,

If someone is going to run these this year, shoot me a DM and we'll work on pinning the new polls and having it organized properly. I already unpinned the results from last year to avoid confusion. If no one would like to volunteer I can just run it myself. I think yearly awards are a great IC community tradition that should be maintained.

Regards,

Mod team

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Robot Santa said:

Hi,

If someone is going to run these this year, shoot me a DM and we'll work on pinning the new polls and having it organized properly. I already unpinned the results from last year to avoid confusion. If no one would like to volunteer I can just run it myself. I think yearly awards are a great IC community tradition that should be maintained.

Regards,

Mod team

I don't see the point in running them if they will be "rigged" by IQ again. What's the point? Just have BK, NPO, and Goons get together and vote on them themselves.