The Mighty Atlantic Declaration of Existence

Just John

3 minutes ago, Vynneis said:

"Having a war deserter as leader is worse imo. ", if that wasn't about him, my bad lmao.

Was speaking about to Oliver.

But It's not worth arguing over. lol

2 minutes ago, TheRebelMan said:

Was speaking about to Oliver.

But It's not worth arguing over. lol

Haha, not arguing over it, just curious, how's Oliver a war dodger?

1 hour ago, Vynneis said:

Those early gov problems that aren't even something to point at us because Richard isn't leader anymore? 

And yet here you are making the same mistakes. Congrats on giving Rose another liability the protectorate

• Upvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

2 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

And yet here you are making the same mistakes. Congrats on giving Rose another liability the protectorate

""Fair enough about the protectorates though, I'd have liked us to get rid of all of ours. (irony that this is in a protectorate thread) :D"" - me in this same thread

Agree with you there lmao, we shouldn't be having any protecs unless we upgrade to an MDP with Rose, though these guys are the same people Richard signed, just rebranded.

Just now, Vynneis said:

""Fair enough about the protectorates though, I'd have liked us to get rid of all of ours. (irony that this is in a protectorate thread) :D"" - me in this same thread

Agree with you there lmao, we shouldn't be having any protecs unless we upgrade to an MDP with Rose, though these guys are the same people Richard signed, just rebranded.

Then why not drop them?

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

2 hours ago, Vynneis said:

What makes us "infamous", joining late?

If it's something else, do tell. :D

Those early gov problems that aren't even something to point at us because Richard isn't leader anymore? 

Joining late is pretty bad, although that alone doesn't make you guys infamous.

Being infamous is just an amalgamation of all the stupid things you guys do. Off the top of my head, I think of your guys' crappy leadership (Even the new one that you mentioned), your guys' massive ego (Yes, y'all have a huge ego whether you want to admit that or not), your garbage war performance, joining late to a dogpile (Probably causing more of an annoyance to your allies than enemies), Godfury's head of IA doing pseudo FA (PR) on the forums, and your guys' inability to take any criticism, literally, y'all (you specifically) need to chill out when people talk shit about Godfury, because well, most of the things people say about Godfury are *correct* and instead of asking why, you guys go on a forum rampage, attacking and replying to anyone who isn't on your side.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe there's actual problems with your alliance to be addressed, or maybe you'll simply ignore all the above statement and begin typing a vicious reply after reading the first line...

Edited by Parachotic
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

1 hour ago, Parachotic said:

Joining late is pretty bad, although that alone doesn't make you guys infamous.

Being infamous is just an amalgamation of all the stupid things you guys do. Off the top of my head, I think of your guys' crappy leadership (Even the new one that you mentioned), your guys' massive ego (Yes, y'all have a huge ego whether you want to admit that or not), your garbage war performance, joining late to a dogpile (Probably causing more of an annoyance to your allies than enemies), Godfury's head of IA doing pseudo FA (PR) on the forums, and your guys' inability to take any criticism, literally, y'all (you specifically) need to chill out when people talk shit about Godfury, because well, most of the things people say about Godfury are *correct* and instead of asking why, you guys go on a forum rampage, attacking and replying to anyone who isn't on your side.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe there's actual problems with your alliance to be addressed, or maybe you'll simply ignore all the above statement and begin typing a vicious reply after reading the first line...

Ok, i'll reply to each of your points there.

1. Joining late is pretty bad - Yes I agree, I've never argued against that point, or refuted it.

2. Crappy leadership - Sure, our leadership isn't the best, don't see how that makes someone 'infamous', because if so, 90% of micros would be considered 'infamous'.

3. Massive Ego - Sorry..what? Where have we ever done anything that seems to connote and ego, please point them out, (inb4 you point out the stupid shit Richard said), the closest thing i've said is that we couldn't really be called pixelhuggers if we stuck around this long, if you feel that you can argue this somehow connotes we've got a 'massive ego' feel free to show me.

4. Our garbage war performance - Sure, never refuted that either, I even said our war performance wasn't that good. Wouldn't call it garbage, but definitely not good, again, me saying we didn't do well completely goes against your point of a 'massive ego'

5. Head of IA doing FA/PR - Sorry, what? Guess you aren't allowed to point out failings in other peoples' alliances who criticize your own unless you're FA? I saw a stupid point, I partially agreed with it, but pointed out how the other persons alliance was far worse. This isn't for PR or any random shit like that, this was just me wanting to point out some stuff.

6. "Need to chill out when people talk shit about GodFury, especially me." - AFAIK, nobody has shown hostility when someone called us shit, we've argued against that, sure, because although we certainly aren't good, I wouldn't say we're shit. So, what you want me/us to do when someone shittalks us is to.. be quiet and not argue against it?

7. "Me specifically needing to chill out" - This is literally the only time in a post, where i've argued against someone insulting us, because what their original point of us being tied to Pantheon being the only thing notable was garbage.

8. "Causing more of an annoyance to our allies" - Yes, we have been more trouble for our allies very likely, but even if it's a very small level, we're at the very least getting some small amount of war experience out of this, funny how you, someone uninvolved in the war, feel the need to call us out for being more of a hindrance to our allies when, to my knowledge, none of our allies have called us out on it.

9. "Inability to take criticism" - honestly, you're correct to call what i'm about to say angry, but you're actually dumb. If you actually bothered reading this thread, you'd have noticed the huge number of times I've said we aren't the best, when i've agreed with some shit pointed about our alliance, and when i've agreed with that criticism. Please read over everything before you try to jump in on a discussion with little to no idea of what's happened prior. I agreed with some stuff, disagreed with others, don't see how that makes us unable to take criticism.

10."Going on a forum rampage" - that's actual stupidity, where have we ever gone on a "forum rampage", is me arguing against some dumb stuff said about us a "forum rampage", throughout this entire thread i've made NO personal attacks against anyone, besides the few odd insults of stupidity, i've argued against every point, but I haven't "attacked people". Calling this a 'rampage' is utter bullshit.

11. "Replying to anyone who isn't on your side" - I replied to those who said points I believe weren't valid, if you feel like pointing out stupid points is "attacking", that's absolutely wrong.

12. "Actual problems about our alliance" - I have NEVER said that there aren't problems with us, I've agreed with a shitton of points against us. 

13. "Vicious reply" - Sorry, my bad, I didn't know arguing against things you believe are stupid is considered a "vicious reply", I don't believe i've responded to anyone "viciously" besides arguing against their own ideas, if you consider someone responding to shittalking "vicious", ok then lmfao.

14. "Or maybe you'll simply ignore all the above statement" - Too bad i'm not like you and simply don't even bother reading previous convos before trying to attack someone based on things they've responded to, and even if some cases agreed with. 

I'd suggest you read over previous stuff before making points that aren't worth anything.

I'd suggest you actually provide instances and proof of claims you make, and respond to actual points AGAINST what you said.

Edited by Vynneis
soz for wall of text
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

@Sean Anthony I told you back in December that you needed to join a big alliance and learn the game before you make an alliance. Disappointed that you didn't take my advice.

This alliance is going to go nowhere, do nothing, and it's just going to disband while having done nothing but waste everyone's time. GG I guess.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

10 hours ago, Vynneis said:

Snippity snip

2. 90% of micros are infamous for being black holes, sucking in and effectively killing the players they take in.

3. The ego comes from your inability to take criticism (Which I will talk about later).

5. Really, you seem to get very touchy when your alliance is brought up in bad light, so in situations where you can't control your emotions well and respond rationally, you should let your FA or PR guy do it instead because most of the time you end up doing your alliance more harm than good. Additionally, if you think maybe that you are controlling said emotions well, trust me, you're not. They're well apparent and you don't hide them very well, if at all sometimes.

6. You're changing up my words here, I never said you couldn't refute someone's criticisms of you, I never said anything close or even relating to that topic. You can argue when someone shit talks you, but if you can't keep your emotions in check then the discussion becomes overly toxic when it doesn't need to be, in which cases I say give it to your FA to handle or simply ignore it.

7. The forums isn't the only platform where I've seen you over react to someone poking fun at Godfury, it happens in the politics and war discord too, specifically in #recruitment-and-propaganda.

8. War experience is definitely a plus for your alliance and if you're fine with sabotaging your allies over it then fair enough. Additionally, my being in the war, or lack thereof, doesn't mean I can't criticize those participating. Much like how the consumers of products don't need to be involved with the production of said product in order to criticize it.

9. I did read the thread, fully, and yes you have at times agreed with people's points against you. However, the manner in which you do it comes off as snide and almost seems like you do so begrudgingly, could just be me but I doubt you could be swayed on this point either way.

10. Rampage probably wasn't the word I should have used, but basically, I meant that you throw a tantrum the second your alliance gets thrown under the bus. You also refuted your own point about making 0 attacks so, moving on.

11. The biggest issue with this point lies here: "if you feel like pointing out stupid points is 'attacking'" because I will quote a later part of your argument right here: "Too bad i'm not like you and simply don't even bother reading previous convos before trying to attack someone based on things they've responded to." You claim here I'm attacking you, but aren't I only doing the same thing as you; Responding to stupid points in an effort to refute them? Enough said here, I think.

12. See (9)

13. Also see (9)

14. See (11)

Figured I'll end off this post with a compliment: Godfury's econ seems to be pretty solid so props for whomever is responsible with that.

Edited by Parachotic
I snipped the wall of text I replied to.
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

24 minutes ago, Parachotic said:

2. 90% of micros are infamous for being black holes, sucking in and effectively killing the players they take in.

3. The ego comes from your inability to take criticism (Which I will talk about later).

5. Really, you seem to get very touchy when your alliance is brought up in bad light, so in situations where you can't control your emotions well and respond rationally, you should let your FA or PR guy do it instead because most of the time, you end up doing your alliance more harm than good. Additionally, if you think maybe that you are controlling said emotions well, trust me, you're not. They're well apparent and you don't hide them very well, if at all sometimes.

6. You're changing up my words here, I never said you couldn't refute someone's criticisms of you, I never said anything close or even relating to that topic. You can argue when someone shit talks you, but if you can't keep your emotions in check then the discussion becomes overly toxic when it doesn't need to be, in which cases I say give it to your FA to handle or simply ignore it.

7. The forums isn't the only platform where I've seen you over react to someone poking fun at Godfury, it happens in the politics and war discord too, specifically in #recruitment-and-propaganda.

8. War experience is definitely a plus for your alliance and if you're fine with sabotaging your allies over it then fair enough. Additionally, my being in the war, or lack thereof, doesn't mean I can't criticize those participating. Much like how the consumers of products don't need to be involved with the production of said product in order to criticize it.

9. I did read the thread, fully, and yes you have at times agreed with people's points against you. However, the manner in which you do it comes off as snide and almost seems like you do so begrudgingly, could just be me but I doubt you could be swayed on this point either way.

10. Rampage probably wasn't the word I should have used, but basically, I meant that you throw a tantrum the second your alliance gets thrown under the bus. You also refuted your own point about making 0 attacks so moving on.

11. The biggest issue with this point lies here: "if you feel like pointing out stupid points is 'attacking'" because I will quote a later part of your argument right here: "Too bad i'm not like you and simply don't even bother reading previous convos before trying to attack someone based on things they've responded to." You claim here I'm attacking you, but aren't I only doing the same thing as you; Responding to stupid points in an effort to refute them? Enough said here, I think.

12. See (9)

13. Also see (9)

14. See (11)

Figured I'll end off this post with a compliment: Godfury's econ seems to be pretty solid so props for whomever is responsible with that.

I'll respond to these in order of what you wrote.

2. "90% of micros", yes, how does this apply to us being 'infamous' due to our not very good leadership?

3. Okay, i'll respond to it whenever you mention it.

5. "you seem to get very touchy when your own alliance is brought up in a bad light", repeating the same point does not magically make it correct. The reason none of our FA has bothered to respond to this is because the alliance itself doesn't care. This was just a little thing that I wanted to respond to, this isn't some PR campaign. Your point was that a head of IA was doing pseudo PR, which we're not, now you've magically changed that point to "I don't control my emotions," when I haven't felt angry about this convo in anyway whatsoever, I don't think i'm "controlling my emotions" because I don't really care much about them emotionally, just wanted to point out a dumb thing someone else said a point I have repeated multiple times. If me being 'touchy' is what comes off when I reply to stuff like that, it's not how I actually feel lmao.

6. "Discussion becomes overly toxic" - Please point out where the discussion has become in any way toxic.

7. "PnW Discord" - the only time i've actually responded seriously to a time in the recruitment channel was once. Everything besides that has been banter with people who say not to join us. I really don't care about that. Fair enough if you consider the one time I actually got a bit pissed off.

8. I did not say that you couldn't criticize it in anyway whatsoever, I said that you're criticizing it more than any of our allies have. "Sabotaging our allies" - honestly, whatever amount of sabotage we're doing isn't affecting shit, they don't seem to care about it, hence why we were allowed to join. Is TKR holding out because some micro is arguably a detriment to the other side? No. So what's happening is we're getting some amount of war experience for... being a slight hindrance, our allies don't seem to care, (because it very clearly isn't affecting the war at all) so I don't see why you should, not saying that you CAN'T.

9. "begrudging" - if that's the way it came off, my bad, I should've worded that differently, but that was not in anyway how I meant them

10. "throwing a tantrum" - funny how you seem to be throwing more toxicity than I am, please point out where anything I have said seems to imply a "tantrum"

11. Yes, that can be argued as a psuedo 'attack'. This doesn't change the fact that before that message was sent, you claimed I was 'attacking' people, when that's the closest thing to 'attacking' i've said.

12. Read 9.

13. Basically all of the terminology you've used are bloated out of hell, it's ridiculous. You seriously think that all the stuff I've said is a "tantrum, rampage or vicious," the fact that you consider this discussion to be "toxicity" shows you know very little about what actual toxicity is. (From your POV, I don't see them as attacks) a lot of the stuff I argued against would be considered 'attacks' and 'toxicity' from the degree to which you consider refuting points as 'toxic', yet you haven't bothered talking about those :P

14. Refer to 11.

Props to actually reading through all of my points and pointing out what you meant though.

Edited by Vynneis

1 hour ago, Thalmor said:

@Sean Anthony I told you back in December that you needed to join a big alliance and learn the game before you make an alliance. Disappointed that you didn't take my advice.

This alliance is going to go nowhere, do nothing, and it's just going to disband while having done nothing but waste everyone's time. GG I guess.

This level of 'trial and error' approach to alliance management is quite fascinating to me, to be honest.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Windseeker said:

This level of 'trial and error' approach to alliance management is quite fascinating to me, to be honest.

Tbf, it's more "error and more error" than "trial and error". 

Persistent, aren't you? Well, I won't hate on you for this new micro, since persistence is key to success, especially in the face of haters.

Still, don't forget to improve, that's the most important part of persistence... Otherwise it's just doing the same thing over and over again, otherwise known as insanity.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Vynneis said:

-snip-

And people say politics isn't interesting anymore. Audience I direct you to the 14 point response meriting a 14 point response. Which was responded/critiqued in a 14 point response. 

Hue hue hue

1. Leadership

No one has a problem with Richard going afk... Vming? Oh Deleting during a war. I mean it's a long standing tradition tbh, Pantheon knows a thing or two. 

2. Ego

Go big or go home. Should've ran for most immoral and owned it. 

3. Liability? 

Rose gave you 500mil to break the top 30...no offense intended you haven't grown much in that time and quality is still eh. But for what it's worth your Econ is pretty decent from what I've seen. Idk if you've been terrible during this war, you kinda underperformed from what people expected tho. At least on paper. 

Nova Riata did very well with propaganda/rebuttal this war. So even if you did well, I wouldn't know without looking tbf. 

tumblr-n995d6dt-YD1s3x41po1-500.gif

As a mad genius I'd state your case and run before the criticism of seasoned posters gets you. Akuryo only sleeps for so long. 

^-^

Re: Itachis attempts to defend E$

Edited by Epi
Ed

13 minutes ago, Epi said:

And people say politics isn't interesting anymore. Audience I direct you to the 14 point response meriting a 14 point response. Which was responded/critiqued in a 14 point response. 

Hue hue hue

1. Leadership

No one has a problem with Richard going afk... Vming? Oh Deleting during a war. I mean it's a long standing tradition tbh, Pantheon knows a thing or two. 

2. Ego

Go big or go home. Should've ran for most immoral and owned it. 

3. Liability? 

Rose gave you 500mil to break the top 30...no offense intended you haven't grown much in that time and quality is still eh. But for what it's worth your Econ is pretty decent from what I've seen. Idk if you've been terrible during this war, you kinda underperformed from what people expected tho. At least on paper. 

Nova Riata did very well with propaganda/rebuttal this war. So even if you did well, I wouldn't know without looking tbf. 

tumblr-n995d6dt-YD1s3x41po1-500.gif

As a mad genius I'd state your case and run before the criticism of seasoned posters gets you. Akuryo only sleeps for so long. 

^-^

Re: Itachis attempts to defend E$

hehe might as well respond with a 3 point response :P

1. Don't understand what you mean by this at all. He didn't VM or delete, just went afk. (Unless that's the point you were making..?)

2. We can't beat camelot there :D (not even meant as an insult, y'all have outdone us by a lot)

3. Didn't know anything about the 500mil, if so, I agree we did shit looking at the growth we had then. Our growth has been pretty shit compared to yours too, so fair enough.

NR propaganda stuff - fair enough again, respect them a bunch for actually fighting pretty well (<3 @pooball)

Guess i'd best start running now :^)

• Upvote 2

There was literally more effort put into this thread by these micro’s than what they put into their actual alliances

• Upvote 1
"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."