All Meat Diet

Lu Xun

https://www.outsideonline.com/2382501/shawn-baker-carnivore-diet-test

This feels like something I should try while dropping my weight. I used to be a flexitarian and still have similar ethics on meat-eating (once in a while, in moderation), but I haven't been able to control my eating for a while. Going on a carnivore diet while strenuously exercising for a while seems as though it'd be a good idea for me, although I'd try to avoid that much red meat.

The actual concept that makes it "work" is the combination of high-protein and ketosis. Some ketosis is good, because the real killer in American diets is how much sugar you're taking in. Look at, say, Japanese tea, which is always unsweetened. By breaking your sugar cravings, you can reapproach carbs in a healthy way.

Second, protein is known to increase satiety more effectively than carbs or fats. A breakfast of eggs or so on kills hunger more effectively than pancakes. So the end result is that you eat less; more protein, less calories, less calories, weight loss.

So, I mean, on an ethical basis, I believe that humans are killing animals and should eat meat on occasion. But if you overdo it, on a spiritual level, it's like being Charles Manson or some other serial killer. Consequently I have to oppose this type of diet, beyond its ecological effects (all agriculture kills animals, but meat requires about 10 times the grain to produce than it would be to eat the grain directly).

On the other hand, since I'm not a strict vegetarian, and in fact I struggle to have a few vegetarian meals these days (spaghetti was cooked with a bit of beef tallow leftover from a steak), I want to try this for the short-term, although I'd rather find vegan ways to protein binge later on (maybe miso? But the phytoestrogens... Tofu has the same problem, Seitan has gluten issues, etc). Combine that with more common exercise (cycling 10 miles twice a week), and I should be down back to "overweight by Asian standards".

===

Also, when it comes to women, the problem is that a lot of women have anemia due to biological factors. Getting enough bioavailable iron (spinach contains anti-nutrients that inhibits iron absorption) would resolve this problem and account for the positive results obtained in the anecdotes.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow