Leaderboard Suggestion

Noctis Anarch Caelum

If there is a leaderboard for most upvotes; I don't see why not have one for most downvotes as well. Should be easy enough to add & would make this mass upvoting/downvoting game people do on forums a little more interesting if there was one for the lead in both directions.

come_to_the_dark_side_by_lordhayabusa357

libertyribbon.png

Whoop whoop 700th downvote 

• Upvote 3
"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

3 hours ago, Patrick Higgins said:

Whoop whoop 700th downvote 

I was going for that 700th downvote. Valid CB right there.

This is a stupid idea. Although forum vote system and leaderboard system could both use some improvements, I don't see any need to add a downvote leaderboard.  

• Like 1

I'll spare you my criticisms of the upvote / downvote system and how it reduces activity (o7 spam, while messier than upvotes, increases activity), but adding a downvote leaderboard is a bad idea insofar as it encourages people to deliberately amass downvotes (element86 iirc). This would overly encourage trolling on this forum. The implicit message that no one is bothering to point out for the waste of time is that Noctis/Methrage wants to be the most hated poster on this forum and enjoy being able to troll as such.

8 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I'll spare you my criticisms of the upvote / downvote system and how it reduces activity (o7 spam, while messier than upvotes, increases activity), but adding a downvote leaderboard is a bad idea insofar as it encourages people to deliberately amass downvotes (element86 iirc). This would overly encourage trolling on this forum. The implicit message that no one is bothering to point out for the waste of time is that Noctis/Methrage wants to be the most hated poster on this forum and enjoy being able to troll as such.

I think the upvote / downvote system is ridiculous to begin with & meaningless; although the leaderboard for those with the most rep should probably include all the rep points somebody has accumulated; both negative & positive. Since its rep all the same.

Although I think if it was a combination of both for leaderboard on most rep; we'd see less mass downvoting happening from or being asked by those who are obsessed with climbing to the top of the leader boards. Having the most downvotes doesn't equate to being the most hated poster, just means there are at least some active forum posters who want to downvote everything you post. Those who actually believe the rep numbers are an accurate representation of anything are mostly in the minority; beyond maybe those most active on the forum in trying to accumulate more rep points to increase their sense of self worth. Although I'll admit my suggestion was somewhat of a joke on how ridiculous it is to even have a leaderboard for rep points to begin with; causing people to become more obsessed with upvotes than any meaningful discussions on the forum.

libertyribbon.png

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

I think the upvote / downvote system is ridiculous to begin with & meaningless; although the leaderboard for those with the most rep should probably include all the rep points somebody has accumulated; both negative & positive. Since its rep all the same.

Although I think if it was a combination of both for leaderboard on most rep; we'd see less mass downvoting happening from or being asked by those who are obsessed with climbing to the top of the leader boards. Having the most downvotes doesn't equate to being the most hated poster, just means there are at least some active forum posters who want to downvote everything you post. Those who actually believe the rep numbers are an accurate representation of anything are mostly in the minority; beyond maybe those most active on the forum in trying to accumulate more rep points to increase their sense of self worth. Although I'll admit my suggestion was somewhat of a joke on how ridiculous it is to even have a leaderboard for rep points to begin with; causing people to become more obsessed with upvotes than any meaningful discussions on the forum.

Salty alty kekekekekek

• Upvote 1
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

2 minutes ago, Patrick Higgins said:

Salty alty kekekekekek

Not salty, just people get same amount of rep points to use per day toward people rather up or down. Having a leaderboard for whoever can get more people spam upvoting them seems ridiculous; almost as ridiculous as having a leaderboard for whoever can get more people spam downvoting them. (So I'm not mad the forum has a pointless feature; just pointing out how ridiculous it really is)

Becomes less about voting stuff based on content and more of a team game to try pushing people in their alliance higher regardless of the quality of their posts; so bad posts get upvoted regardless & whole system serves no purpose other maybe getting some people a free forum pip they like. So if a leaderboard for downvotes is a bad idea in most people's minds, should be obvious enough why one for upvotes is just as bad. It encourages people to just try accumulating upvotes & have their alliance upvote their stuff regardless of quality.

Although I find people like Int who really think the numbers represent how hated or liked someone is on the forum to be the most easily manipulated type, so can't help but lol at his posts sometimes. (Pestilence seems to be another if he was serious with any of his threads about me & really thinks I'm as hated he leads on in them; although still can't be sure if he's just making those threads as joke to poke fun at upvoting system or he considers it a meaningful measurement of something.)

libertyribbon.png

18 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Not salty, just people get same amount of rep points to use per day toward people rather up or down. Having a leaderboard for whoever can get more people spam upvoting them seems ridiculous; almost as ridiculous as having a leaderboard for whoever can get more people spam downvoting them. (So I'm not mad the forum has a pointless feature; just pointing out how ridiculous it really is)

Becomes less about voting stuff based on content and more of a team game to try pushing people in their alliance higher regardless of the quality of their posts; so bad posts get upvoted regardless & whole system serves no purpose other maybe getting some people a free forum pip they like. So if a leaderboard for downvotes is a bad idea in most people's minds, should be obvious enough why one for upvotes is just as bad. It encourages people to just try accumulating upvotes & have their alliance upvote their stuff regardless of quality.

Although I find people like Int who really think the numbers represent how hated or liked someone is on the forum to be the most easily manipulated type, so can't help but lol at his posts sometimes. (Pestilence seems to be another if he was serious with any of his threads about me & really thinks I'm as hated he leads on in them; although still can't be sure if he's just making those threads as joke to poke fun at upvoting system or he considers it a meaningful measurement of something.)

Be honest...you say you don’t care but do you really not? If so, you’re putting a lot of effort into something you don’t care.

Its obvious you want some kind of compensation for all your downvotes.

• Upvote 1
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

1 minute ago, Patrick Higgins said:

Be honest...you say you don’t care but do you really not? If so, you’re putting a lot of effort into something you don’t care.

Its obvious you want some kind of compensation for all your downvotes.

I will admit when I found out there is a neat looking pip for it; decided I'd rather have it than not. Although a leaderboard, not really. lol

libertyribbon.png

26 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I will admit when I found out there is a neat looking pip for it; decided I'd rather have it than not. Although a leaderboard, not really. lol

Then why did you make a thread for this if you don’t want it as much lol

You flip flop harder than an overcooked pancake at Denny’s at midnight on a Sunday

All you need is love,
Love is all you need."