Mechanics Proposal Discussion

Dwynn

So right now, there is no real reason to log in to your nation regularly other than to avoid the nagging email and update activity to deter raiding. I think this is a perfect spot to add a new mechanic to spice things up and encourage more player activity.

Here's my thoughts on why this would work. If I were a citizen of a nation and the leadership went missing for X number of days without being heard or seen, I'd begin to get worried. If the trend continued long enough the nation begins to lose confidence in their leader. Slowly the nation would slide from a well-ordered nation into a pile of anarchic chaos. Maybe rioting events that cause resource losses. Right now we have an "approval rating" that is garbage and means nothing, but if that were somehow tied into the system then it could mean something.

Here's my ideal timeline:

2-3 days - Nagging email "Your citizens have begun to get worried by your absence from the public spotlight"
7 days - Nagging email "Your citizens have lost confidence in your ability to govern your nation and protests have begun"
10 days - Rioting/Looting begins with some sort of random effect such as resource loss, income generation lost, etc.
14-21 days - Nation plunges into complete anarchy. Income/Resource Generation stops completely, "Government Collapse" government setting. Infrastructure decline/reductions. Improvement failures, etc.

Now, I know this will receive some "WHAT? NO WAY!" type of responses, but please discuss rationally why you don't think it's a good idea.

Possible counterpoints:

1. People will just login and logout to avoid nation decay - Good, let them. The more often they log in the more chance we have of generating activity.
2. But what about my raiding targets - As a sometime raider? Find better targets. Inactives shouldn't just be a bank for people to withdraw from anytime they want. Raiding shouldn't be profitable in a nation that's not being run properly.
3. What benefit will this have? - Well like I said in point 1, it's really all about getting people to login more regularly and possibly become more active.

So, let the hate mail begin. Discuss.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

So they can disable notification emails, as it is we already receive the "don't forget about your nation" emails

3 hours ago, Pestilence said:

meh

An addition to the discussion that brings much content and flavor. I like it.

• Like 1

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Alrighty now i got some time on my hands

So my major issue with this is your want to nerf raiding, while i understand the bit about the nation being inactive, the simple fact of the game is, because of alliances sizes and treaties most raiders cant just hit anyone and profit. I think raiding is a very valid tatic and in fact keeps nations / alliances on there toes so im not really in favor of ending it. 

However i do agree that there should be a incentive to log in more, but id do something more like bonuses 

1. After 100 days you get 15 mil

2. After 365 days you get 100 mil + in a ingame award 
3. After 2 years ect.... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

300k a day is a pretty nice bonus as it is, lol.

I'd increase the days on each of those penalties, honestly.

7 days - Nagging email of worried peasants

14 days - Citizens have begun protests (Nothing detrimental yet)

21 days - Looting/Resource reduction

30 days - Anarchy (Bigger reduction)

45 days - Complete shutdown/Vacation Mode

Not necessarily in favor of this idea, but not entirely opposed to it either.  It would help clean up some of the inactive nations in the game.

Edited by Buorhann

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

300k a day is a pretty nice bonus as it is, lol.

I'd increase the days on each of those penalties, honestly.

7 days - Nagging email of worried peasants

14 days - Citizens have begun protests (Nothing detrimental yet)

21 days - Looting/Resource reduction

30 days - Anarchy (Bigger reduction)

45 days - Complete shutdown/Vacation Mode

Not necessarily in favor of this idea, but not entirely opposed to it either.  It would help clean up some of the inactive nations in the game.

If you're 2 or 3 cities, sure.

At 19 cities, i don't give a single shit about 300k. If i take myself off taxes i make just under 25x that in a day. In a week that login bonus is worth 2.1 mil, my taxes, not including resources, are nearly 49 mil. If you include resource you're looking at nearly 40x. I make 150% of that in a single turn, let alone a whole day.

Even to nations at 10 cities, mine make on average 2.5 mil/day from just taxes. 300k is more substantial to them, yes, but it still does not mean much of anything to them when they see fancy numbers like 2.5 million and see how much their warchests they have to slowly build actually cost. 

The only time the login bonus is nice is.. for raiders, pretty much, and even rarer occasions in actual war, this assuming of course in actual war you aren't so dead that you cant even buy soldiers.

3 hours ago, Pestilence said:

Alrighty now i got some time on my hands

So my major issue with this is your want to nerf raiding, while i understand the bit about the nation being inactive, the simple fact of the game is, because of alliances sizes and treaties most raiders cant just hit anyone and profit. I think raiding is a very valid tatic and in fact keeps nations / alliances on there toes so im not really in favor of ending it. 

However i do agree that there should be a incentive to log in more, but id do something more like bonuses 

1. After 100 days you get 15 mil

2. After 365 days you get 100 mil + in a ingame award 
3. After 2 years ect.... 

Kinda glad his hasn’t been introduced yet. I lost my 70-75 day login streak because I’ve been on camp

inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg