Government Shutdown Thread

Lu Xun

Government Shutdown or Knightfall: Which Ends First?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Government Shutdown or Knightfall: Which Ends First?

• Government Shutdown
    • Knightfall

Knightfall began on October 20th and is on-going. The government shutdown began on December 22 and is also on-going. Who will give in first, Nancy Pelosi or Adrienne Nizam? You decide!

19018-Albert-Express-Trump-Pelosi-tease_ vs QR.jpg

[Errata: I hate Trump as much as the next Trump Derangement Syndrome sufferer, but it felt unfair to compare Adrienne to Trump. That'd be a CB.]

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

I feel more comfortable calling IQ Trump than TKR Trump. That said, Trump started it with the gov shut-down, and personally speaking, I expect IQ to be rolled once within the next 2 wars. I also expect Trump to get heavily-fricked at this rate at the upcoming election, recession is expected either in 2019 or 2020.

Just turned this into a poll. The economic projections suggest that the shutdown is inflicting .13% reduced GDP growth for the first quarter per week. People expect significant economic effects only to kick in once February is reached or mid-February is reached.

For the government shutdown to end, one of two things has to happen:

-Trump is abandoned by Republicans, and the Republican Senate overrules Trump in making an acceptable deal with the Democrats.

-Democratic approval rating starts falling as a result of the shutdown, even though most of the population currently blames Trump for the shutdown. The Democrats, then, will begin considering capitulating to the Republicans.

For Knightfall to end, well, let's not talk too much about it. Certain people suggested in the PnW Discord a while back that they expect to hold out until the war reaches 4.5 months or so, or even resort to 6 months. In practice, once SynDIQ believes that TKR-sphere has taken enough damage, they'll possibly switch to blockade holding to just hold TKR-sphere in captivity indefinitely. They haven't yet resorted to this seriously; if we look at the best performers in Guardian and TKR, none of them are being blockade-chained.

Dems are making a reasonable proposal right now for the billions in funding that Trump wants to go to improved border security, just not a wall. Moreover, some Dems are blanching and are trying to compromise with the Trump regime. Although I'm fairly sure this won't end by the end of the week, there's a good chance we could be seeing the end of the shutdown by late February, or even in the early weeks of February.

Meanwhile, Knightfall? We'll hit the 4 months point on the 20th.

1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Dems are making a reasonable proposal right now for the billions in funding that Trump wants to go to improved border security, just not a wall. Moreover, some Dems are blanching and are trying to compromise with the Trump regime. Although I'm fairly sure this won't end by the end of the week, there's a good chance we could be seeing the end of the shutdown by late February, or even in the early weeks of February.

Meanwhile, Knightfall? We'll hit the 4 months point on the 20th.

Not sure how reasonable it is when they specify none of it can be used on a wall, just because Trump campaigned on a wall & they want to slight him on that. Although I'm of the opinion the Government could be shutdown forever & I wouldn't care; or even see it as a positive thing. When Congress isn't divided & in agreement on stuff; that's usually when we get screwed over the hardest. So the less compromise I see between the major parties, the better.

Edited by Noctis

libertyribbon.png

This can be used to describe both the government shutdown and knightfall

• Upvote 1
"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

Best part is how much the insults at the "God Emperor" resemble typical political discourse in certain political simulators.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pro-trump-media-stars-despair-after-trump-caves-on-shutdown

CUCKED

Pro-Trump Media Stars Despair After Trump Caves on Shutdown

‘Trump is a broken man,’ lamented Mike Cernovich, while Ann Coulter called the president a ‘the biggest wimp.’

01.25.19 4:33 PM ET

190125-sommer-ann-coulter-hero_e33d3v

Photo Illustration by Elizabeth Brockway/The Daily Beast

President Trump’s top supporters among right-wing media despaired on Friday after he agreed to a three-week deal to end the government shutdown without securing his border-wall funding.

Conservative columnist Ann Coulter—whose anti-immigrant views have informed much of Trump’s beliefs, and who has repeatedly pressed Trump on a border wall since before the shutdown—ripped into him after the deal was announced.

Advertisement

“Good news for George Herbert Walker Bush: As of today, he is no longer the biggest wimp ever to serve as President of the United States,” Coulter said of Trump.

Good news for George Herbert Walker Bush: As of today, he is no longer the biggest wimp ever to serve as President of the United States.

Coulter also used the opportunity to take a shot at the president’s son-in-law and top advisor. “Maybe the solution to the border crisis is not deporting 22 million illegals but one Jared Kushner,” she tweeted, alluding to the far-right’s disdain for Kushner because of his reportedly liberal beliefs on immigration.

“I’m happy federal workers will be paid,” Fox Nation host Tomi Lahren tweeted, “but @realDonaldTrump just allowed Nancy to walk all over him. It’s President Trump, not President Pelosi. Act like it.”

I’m happy federal workers will be paid but @realDonaldTrump just allowed Nancy to walk all over him. It’s President Trump, not President Pelosi. Act like it. #BuildThatWall

Under the announced deal, Trump has agreed to fund the government for three more weeks, through Feb. 15. While the deal raises the possibility of future money for border security, it does not contain the wall funding that Trump requested.

Conservative news outlets proclaimed their disappointment at the top of their sites, with large headlines lamenting the deal. “NO WALL FUNDS,” Drudge wrote in red font. “GOVERNMENT OPEN… AND BORDER,” Breitbart’s headline blared, tacking on “NO WALL” in red font.

RELATED IN POLITICS

Pro-Trump internet personality and far-right troll Mike Cernovich jabbed at Trump’s manhood, dubbing him the “commander-in-soy” while calling House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) an “alpha.”  

“Trump is a broken man,” Cernovich wrote. “It's over for him.”

But other pro-Trump media personalities stayed optimistic—at least publicly.

“We’ll just have see what happens in the next three weeks,” talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh said on his show.

“Some of you say ‘He didn’t get any money for the wall,'” a similarly positive Fox News host Sean Hannity said on his radio show. “No, he didn’t, but he’s going to.”

Political chess game continues. President Trump reopens government - a good thing. Gives Dems three weeks to make a border security deal. Reasonable. Advantage Trump today.

His former Fox News colleague Bill O’Reilly, meanwhile, managed to spin the deal as a victory for Trump.

“Political chess game continues,” O’Reilly tweeted. “President Trump reopens government - a good thing.  Gives Dems three weeks to make a border security deal. Reasonable. Advantage Trump today.”

Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow