Politics and War Awards 2018 - Winners

Yoda

4 hours ago, Auctor said:

wow it's almost as if holding a vote tends to favor the side with more voters

Its because democracy sucks. 

Also Yui was robbed, I mean how TF did Fist even beat her in that???

• Upvote 1

You can't hate the organisers for the results of a damn poll. We've been churning these out for years, god damn its not the organisers rigging it. If you give people an option on who to vote for, and you provide in game nations with links, so they don't even need to come online on the forums, the people with the most players will statistically win every time- because there's more of them.

No not all the results are accurate at all, for example BK succeeding this year? What? They already got what they want. How does one move up from the top? Polaris best growth? Not a chance in hell. But that isn't the fault of the organisers, it's a fault of the system we seem to come back to every single time. You can't be mad at IQ for winning stuff, it was only natural that the people with the most influence won.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

Seeing as someone was kind enough to provide award icons for each of the categories, I've added the awards in-game for nations and alliances.

Some of the categories are negative, so if anyone would like an award removed from their nation/alliance page, just let me know. Easiest way is to shoot me a message on Discord, but a PM here or in-game will work as well.

Also, it was a lot of manually entry setting up the awards, so if I have made any mistakes (incorrect icon, award assigned to wrong person, missing award) please let me know about that as well.

And I should probably just add in that I did not facilitate or participate in these yearly awards at all; they were community run and a "for fun" thing. Someone has put them on every year, and I have added awards in-game in the past when someone has taken time to create the awards (for everyone.) I believe last year no one made award icons, so none were added in-game.

Congrats on your worst idea of the new year. For adding an in game reward to these you're going to catch so much shit.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

12 hours ago, Micchan said:

Most Missed Player (Player that has gone inactive/quit): Dobby/Thorin/Alex the Great - Not Roz?

This was because earlier this year Alex the great took his own life, i know for a fact the community rallied behind him (atleast the ones who know him) to help him win this award. Roz would be a good 2nd 

58 minutes ago, Alex said:

Seeing as someone was kind enough to provide award icons for each of the categories, I've added the awards in-game for nations and alliances.

Some of the categories are negative, so if anyone would like an award removed from their nation/alliance page, just let me know. Easiest way is to shoot me a message on Discord, but a PM here or in-game will work as well.

Also, it was a lot of manually entry setting up the awards, so if I have made any mistakes (incorrect icon, award assigned to wrong person, missing award) please let me know about that as well.

And I should probably just add in that I did not facilitate or participate in these yearly awards at all; they were community run and a "for fun" thing. Someone has put them on every year, and I have added awards in-game in the past when someone has taken time to create the awards (for everyone.) I believe last year no one made award icons, so none were added in-game.

Thank you Alex! I think its neat, im sure tkr and tcw will hit u up any moment now

• Upvote 2

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

Rigged af

9 hours ago, Alex said:

Why not reuse the badges and give them out to 2017 edition winners?

On 1/19/2019 at 10:03 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Worst player of the year!  Glad to see the circle jerk is up and running.  I did what? Almost 9 billion in damage this war... so if that makes me the worst, what does that make about 99.5 percent of the rest of you?

What you didn't hit 10 bill?

Amateur.

• Upvote 2
GnWq7CW.png

So you dissed me did you?

• Upvote 1

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, ?ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™? said:

Why not reuse the badges and give them out to 2017 edition winners?

I'm not sure the voting categories were the same, and also it would be pretty difficult to differentiate between awards. Obviously you can hover over a given award to see the full explanation, but I don't know how easy that is to do on every mobile device. For users who received the same award in 2017 and 2018, it would just look like they got the same award twice for some reason, and it may be confusing / unclean.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Shocking that TKR won most inactive alliance when they actually aren't even in the Top 10 for that. Here are the partial results from a survey conducted last weekend of the most active and inactive alliances.

Most Inactive Alliances

1. Arrgh! (43% inactive)
2. Typhon (36% inactive)
3. The Commonwealth (33% inactive)
4. Knights Templar (27% inactive)
5. Guardians of the Galaxy (26% inactive)
6. Acadia (25% inactive)
7. The Fighting Pacifists (24% inactive)
8. Pantheon (22% inactive)
9. Solar Knights (20% inactive)
10. Rough Riders (19% inactive)

Most Active Alliances

1. Fark (0% inactive)
2. Bad Company (2% inactive)
3. Brotherhood of the Clouds (2.4% inactive)
4. Tie between Church of Spaceology and The Golden Horde (2.8% inactive)
5. Seven Kingdoms (3.1% inactive)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan1 said:

Shocking that TKR won most inactive alliance when they actually aren't even in the Top 10 for that. Here are the partial results from a survey conducted last weekend of the most active and inactive alliances.

Most Inactive Alliances

1. Arrgh! (43% inactive)
2. Typhon (36% inactive)
6. Acadia (25% inactive)

Most Active Alliances

1. Fark (0% inactive)

I wonder. 

Are your standards for activity based on ingame or discord? 

Don't answer that. It was rhetorical. 

20 hours ago, Ryan1 said:

Most Inactive Alliances

1. Arrgh! (43% inactive)
2. Typhon (36% inactive)
6. Acadia (25% inactive)

Most Active Alliances

1. Fark (0% inactive)

That's why I didn't vote for that category at all; it's an objective measurement and absolutely shouldn't have been voted on as if it were something people can have valid opinions about. It's like voting on how tall a 10' tree is; it doesn't matter how strong the 8'4 caucus is or how biased the 11' media is on the subject, it's 10' and that's a fact.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TheRebelMan said:

I wonder. 

Are your standards for activity based on ingame or discord? 

Don't answer that. It was rhetorical. 

I will anyway, because it's important for people to know this. This is based on in-game activity levels, and I looked at every top-30 alliance. I counted each red or purple icon next to their nation as 1 inactive member. After I finished that alliance, I converted the fraction of inactive members got to a percent (rounded) and put them into a spreadsheet. When I was finished, I sorted them into the lists you see here. Note that my definition of inactive was a red or purple nation. Some alliances, such as TFP, call red active. I'm not going to argue about that. I did this survey, so I get to use my definition of inactivity. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

That's why I didn't vote for that category at all; it's an objective measurement and absolutely shouldn't have been voted on as if it were something people can have valid opinions about. It's like voting on how tall a 10' tree is; it doesn't matter how strong the 8'4 caucus is or how biased the 11' media is on the subject, it's 10' and that's a fact.

Exactly. A lot of awards categories need to go, anyway. The main offenders are the ones that are actually facts, not opinions, and the ones where we have 2 categories meaning the same thing, such as worst poster and most hated poster, Worst Fighters and worst military, and a few other ones like the examples I just gave.