Politics and War Awards 2018 - Winners

Yoda

So, does this mean this year going to be the year of Jkell?  Oh yes, it does...  I do not get snuffed...

#48 hours

Edited by Balish
  • Upvote 2

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

Idea for next year.  Allow the community to nominate, but only allow alliance leaders to vote.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

9 minutes ago, Dad said:

Year of the Micros.

There was only 1000 votes this year which doesn't suggest to me a large number of players in that area of the game participating.

Nothing gained, nothing lost.  Haha, oh man.

1 hour ago, The Mad Titan said:

Probably voting based on personality.

If that's the case, then why didn't kosmokenny win it?  He's quite possibly the worst based on personality.

• Upvote 5

@Yoda Something like your idea you suggested in that nomination thread really needs to be implemented. The awards right now are so clearly rigged its hasn't got a thread of credibility left. I think any reasonable person can agree that some of these outcomes are clearly bullshit and are just IQ or others bloc voting it to win. Clearly the views of Leo, Roq, Bour, Nizam or Pre hold far more weight than Roqbot#2523, or some Pleb from a micro alliance. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

@Yoda Something like your idea you suggested in that nomination thread really needs to be implemented. The awards right now are so clearly rigged its hasn't got a thread of credibility left. I think any reasonable person can agree that some of these outcomes are clearly bullshit and are just IQ or others bloc voting it to win. Clearly the views of Leo, Roq, Bour, Nizam or Pre hold far more weight than Roqbot#2523, or some Pleb from a micro alliance. 

I would like to see a more diverse group of winners instead of one bloc/sphere winning most of the better awards. I tried messaging a few alliance leaders to see if they want to work on that but one told me he is busy with his job and some didn't reply. If people want to see a change, they should step up and get involved 

Not surprised at all. all favorable categories went to one side in the current world conflict, all derogatory categories went to the other. Gee, I wonder if ... maybe.... there's something behind this? like... maybe the leadership of the biggest alliances all telling their people to vote in a specific manner and the sheer numbers of alliances too big to ever fail at anything due to their sheer size dictating the "popularity contest"? That's all this is is a popularity contest.. the categories are jokes. "Best military BK? I guess that's why GOB was asked to start losing wars on purpose because no one could beat their military?

Just sayin is all :)

• Upvote 1

Point is, though, very little is gained from not doing polls on forums (bigger voting base, but same rigging), and I don't think anyone was surprised by the poll results. So why use a separate system for this poll?

• Upvote 1

I wonder if BK would have won so many awards if you weren't allowed to vote for your own alliance...

Edit: They still would have, because NPO would vote for BK and BK would vote for NPO.

Edited by Ryan1
  • Upvote 2