Multiple Accounts Ban Question

Hellother

Hi everybody! I have a question. I'm just curious, not saying I'm going to do this, but does anybody know how detection works for having multiple accounts. I was making my first, and only, account the other day and saw the "Multiple Accounts is Against the Policy" box and was wondering, how do they even detect when players break this rule? Wouldn't different e-mails hide their espionage? Or do they use IP tracking to determine the source? Just curious, if anyone knows the answer that would be neat.

• Moderators

On Politics and war's in-game system, every person is assigned a unique ID, when two or more accounts are discovered sharing the same network, it'll lump all the accounts under 1 unique ID which could indicate multiple accounts being used, however it can also indicate family and/or friends sharing the same wifi which is why it is no longer a violation for multiple accounts to be on the same network anymore. 

When a report is sent to the game administrators they do a basic investigation and if anything seems fishy I assume they search further into the account to find signs that it may be one person using multiple accounts. I am not sure how @Alex or @Chris handle these investigations but that is what I assume is there first steps for any reports concerning multis. Investigate and then decide if it is multiple people or one person using multiple accounts, but the first step that may flag you would be having multiple nations on the same unique ID and showing the classic signe of it being one person. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

@Grymholt I will look at that now, although it is the wrong place to send the report, it's also worth mentioning that a shared unique ID doesn't necessarily mean the accounts are multis.

@Hellother sorry for the late reply, we have multiple ways to find those who violate the rules around multiple accounts and I believe this "check box" is standard for anyone who signs up.

• 1 month later...

First of all, and not to be rude here, why would you report us @MERCY? We are all friends who play at school. If you re-check the link (https://politicsandwar.com/nation/unique/id=147497), there are a bunch of nations on our school network. This was just a simple curious question I had. Second, thank you for the help, @Chris

Edited by Hellother
Lack of info on my part