Military templates

Ivan Ivanov

In cities, you have the option of using city templates that can build improvements for you. This saves time and is quite useful for standardising your nation.

However, military doesn’t have this system. If you are like me for example, and want whole numbers for your military (e.g 100,000 troops instead of a trashy 103,564, for score reasons or OCD), you are forced to manually calculate the numbers.

I propose that we introduce a military template system. When you enter the template into the box the system will automatically recruit all the necessary troops required to achieve that number.

E.G. You have 6500 troops, 82 tanks and 23 airplanes. Your template (for MMR or otherwise) states that you need 10,000 troops, 100 tanks and 30 airplanes. You put this template into the system and you automatically recruit 3500 troops, 18 tanks and 7 airplanes.

EDIT: endlesshills has suggested that an autorebuid of military units based on the template would be a good idea as well. This would totally negate the need to use the military tab, aside from setting up or changing the template, making wars much more streamlined. Thank you, endlesshills!

Edited by Ivan Ivanov
endlesshills had an idea
  • Like 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

If your alliance requires infantry as part of the MMR, you need to switch alliances. 

Otherwise, most alliances require a factory of tanks per city and that isnt hard to figure out at all. Just get the factory, and buy tanks till u can buy no longer. 

With ships this isnt the case, but it isnt hard to calculate 2 digit numbers. 

Imo, this will just be a useless addition to the game. 

• Like 1

This is a great idea that would make tracking your military much less of a headache. Along with this, it would also be nice to add an option to launch an attack again with the same parameters without having to be booted back to the war screen. Combine those two into being able to automatically rebuild units lost in attacks you make and war would be a lot more streamlined.

• Upvote 1

ArrghChristmasProud member of Arrgh! since November 23rd, 2018

1 minute ago, endlesshills said:

This is a great idea that would make tracking your military much less of a headache. Along with this, it would also be nice to add an option to launch an attack again with the same parameters without having to be booted back to the war screen. Combine those two into being able to automatically rebuild units lost in attacks you make and war would be a lot more streamlined.

Yes! An auto rebuild of units would be a great idea, I’ll add it into the original post.

inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg