Make Alliances Harder to Create

The Mad Titan

Guest Frawley

I could get on board with this, although I still think driving new players to relatively active alliances is important to teach them the way politics does work in this game.

44 minutes ago, Frawley said:

I could get on board with this, although I still think driving new players to relatively active alliances is important to teach them the way politics does work in this game.

Ideally this would be in conjunction with yours. However it would be another check on micro proliferation.  

I disagree with this completely, no micros means consilidation, stagnation, less wars and less raids. This also makes the game less appealing to large preestablished communities looking to transfer over to this game and many others dont want to be part of an alliance were they are just another cog.

What we really need Is for Alex to update the tutorial to stop giving bad advice like building farms too soon and to explain why MFGs should not be produced by new players. As well as explain things like production bonuses & crime better so they will stop building sloppily. And change the starting infra of new cities to 100 instead of 10 so that they can follow the advice of building in 100s without having extra Infra (even if that includes the miniscule price of 10 to 100 infra in the new city cost)

Edited by Princess Seshat
  • Upvote 5

Nebthet Seshat Asetneferu-Meritra Satsekhem Netjeretkhau

No, if a new player wants to create his own alliance or join another micro should be able to do it

If you want to force someone to play in the way you like you can always declare war and wait months for an inconclusive white peace

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Princess Seshat said:

I disagree with this completely, no micros means consilidation, stagnation, less wars and less raids. This also makes the game less appealing to larger communities looking to transfer over to this game and many others dont want to be part of an alliance were they are just another cog.

What we really need Is for Alex to update the tutorial to stop giving bad advice like building farms too soon and to explain why MFGs should not be produced by new players. As well as explain things like production bonuses & crime better so they will stop building sloppily. And change the starting infra of new cities to 100 instead of 10 so that they can follow the advice of building in 100s without having extra Infra (even if that includes the miniscule price of 10 to 100 infra in the new city cost)

Y'know, both you and the OP have really valid points. This issue clearly doesn't have an easy answer, tbh

• Upvote 2

"hey so the game has some issues"

"do you mean the suspect war system? econ system? treaties and inferiority complexes causing politics to be boring as shit?"

"no you dumb frick, I'm talking about micros, they don't play like we do so obviously they're stupid as frick and shouldn't exist"

confused-guy-300x256.png

ironic, coming from the leader of an alliance that was part of the "micro problem" once upon a time (I should know, I was there)

• Upvote 3
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum.