War Attacks API

Guest Frawley

Guest Frawley

Hi Alex,

There seems to be a calculation error in the war-attacks api, this error only affects successful missile attacks.  It seems to value the infra at astronomical amounts, this was picked up when we released the war level statistics on https://npowned.net/pw-war-statistics/ by a number of players.  See the below for reference just the top 20 errors:

unknown.png

We have manually recalculated all of your infra numbers and can confirm this only affects missiles, however it has resulted in nearly 21.8b dollars in damage being wiped off of the stat sheets for this war.

Thanks again for your assistance with this.

Best,

• Administrators
On 1/14/2019 at 1:35 AM, Inst said:

I guess Chris / Walling doesn't want to handle this? When's Alex coming back?

I think you think Chris is someone different than who he is. Our Chris has no affiliation with Project-Terra, or any game like this until he started working with me here. He also doesn't have development access to fix something like this.

I'll look at solving this right now.

EDIT:

The issue was a minor bug in the code that caused the calculated and recorded value for the cost of infrastructure destroyed in missile attacks to be calculated as the value between 0 and the infrastructure in the city before the attack.

This bug has been fixed now, so the values should be properly recorded going forward, but unfortunately there's no way to correct the stored value. In theory, you could calculate the correct value yourself however using the recorded amount of infrastructure destroyed along with the recorded city infrastructure before the attack and run the calculation manually yourself using the infrastructure pricing formula.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link