2018 P&W Award Voting

Yoda

Voting is now live. You should be getting an ingame message with the voting link soon if you haven't already got one.

If you spot any missing nominations or choices which shouldn't be on the list, please let us know here and we will see whether it can be fixed. For missing nominations, please provide a link to the original post too. Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Edited by Yoda
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Voting is now live. You should be getting an ingame message with the voting link soon if you haven't already got one.

If you spot any missing nominations or choices which shouldn't be on the list, please let us know here and we will see whether it can be fixed. For missing nominations, please provide a link to the original post too. Apologies for any inconvenience caused

When can we expect the results?

• Upvote 1

image.png?ex=65f5ad0b&is=65e3380b&hm=0a640d0767cb6936d92567608b47cf3887ad83c117a24672a3d863cd0ce3a642&

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

Best rookie alliances: The enterprise 

Nominations have already closed. I am looking for those who have nominations in the previous thread which we missed. You previously nominated The Golden Horde for Best Rookie Alliance

Hi folks, it's that time of the year again, so I'd like to take this time to remind everyone of my campaign to become Worst Alliance Leader for the third year running. We need your votes to win, so I'd strongly encourage everyone to get out there and vote for me as 2018's Worst Alliance Leader! Thanks!

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

4 hours ago, Yoda said:

Nominations have already closed. I am looking for those who have nominations in the previous thread which we missed. You previously nominated The Golden Horde for Best Rookie Alliance

Iknow that much.
P sure i saw someone nominated e$... anyways forgot to add partisan to the player of the year.

32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

4 hours ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

Iknow that much.
P sure i saw someone nominated e$... anyways forgot to add partisan to the player of the year.

Sorry for missing Partisan's nomination. Please contact Kastor on discord if you wish to discuss this further

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Asierith said:

When can we expect the results?

19th January. It will be announced on a radio show

See the link below for more info.

Edited by Yoda
details
  • Upvote 2

Guest Frawley

I'm pretty sure the consensus in the discussion thread was that we should retain the existing public voting system on the official forums, not some dodgy offsite with bugger all transparency.

I understand your concerns but Dynamic is a trustworthy individual who is doing a service for the community. We have also seen a higher voter turnout this year. At the time of this post, there have been 775 ballots casted. The team working on this is from 6 different alliances and we are from different spheres...there is no reason for anyone to rig the results.

Edited by Yoda
  • Upvote 2

Guest Frawley

Could you list the team members, I notice NPO wasn't asked to provide any scrutineers despite being one of the largest alliances in P&W?

The team for this year:

• Kastor (Acadia)
  • Dynamic (Rose)
  • TheNG (Acadia)
  • Gorge/Pestilence (Black Knights)
  • Epimetheus (Camelot)
  • Sir Scarfalot (The Golden Horde)
  • Yoda (DB)

Radio show hosts are: Kastor, Gorge, Charlie Traveler (TGH) and Kevanovia (TGH)

Edited by Yoda
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

In principle having this done off-site with no public transparency or any proper voting mechanism that can be seen by the public during the process is quite shady. I mean I'm glad folks want to step up to hold things for the community, but this is something for all of us, and the biggest transparency for these kind of public polls (which they should be) is hosting here on the forums, in this sub-forum specifically created for it. 

I just fundamentally disagree taking it off-forum, regardless of who's involved and would prefer to have the voting returned to the boards. 

While i understand you point of view, its actually quite asinine, and this is why.

1. You stated the awards are something for "all of us". when in actuality .it alienates anyone who does not want to use the forums, or has not used the forums. Lets be honest here, the amount of players/forums accounts is very low and a huge part of the member base does not even know what the PnW awards are. In fact we have received around 2/3 times more submissions than any other year, in less than a week.  

2. "Proper Voting mechanism", i can say it woks just fine, part of the reason there is 7/8 of us working for the PnW awards this year isnt so Kastor can be lazy, its because we wanted to make sure there were enough people from around the game watching the "system" and making sure it works. I actually found it insulting you immediately jumped to a cheating standpoint. 

So before we go smashing a new idea that will help the community grow, lets take into account the other factors, lets not run away from shiny new things and enjoy them. The new voting system is working as planned and is allowing the awards to gauge the responses of every alliance and player in the game, without much effort while maintaining a fair and equal playing ground. #NoPlayerLeftBehind 

2 hours ago, Frawley said:

Could you list the team members, I notice NPO wasn't asked to provide any scrutineers despite being one of the largest alliances in P&W?

IQ is present ?

• Upvote 5

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.