awful nation names

Republic of Vietnam

when i look at new nations page or when i go and trade i cant believe that there are nations that have such stupid names like "Soviet Nipples" or United States of Murica with a score of 2000 no less.

not sure about you but me and many others would some times spend 30 mins or even 2 hours coming up with a backstory for there nations and give it a good name and flag then i see that the guy who wants me to join is Alliance is some really awful joke name that kinda kills the mood for a lot of players my self included 

im not asking that you punish this players it is not my job to screw with there rights nor would i want to but i have a simple idea to fix this issue.

for new nations that join in the game just as how they can make a bit of money for doing a test they should be rewarded if there nation has a decent bit of thought put in to it or the name is fitting this would all so bring in more people who enjoy history or alt history

after all the target player is the some what educated person with a decent liking towards history and politics 

perhaps im just running my mouth but what do you guys think? should we try and get more people in the game who love history by having this? will it be seen as stupid by some? will it not help? i really would like to know 

• Downvote 10

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2019 at 6:29 PM, Republic of Vietnam said:

when i look at new nations page or when i go and trade i cant believe that there are nations that have such stupid names like "Soviet Nipples" or United States of Murica with a score of 2000 no less.

I do find it interesting you have no nation ID attached to this forum account. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2019 at 2:39 PM, TheRebelMan said:

I do find it interesting you have no nation ID attached to this forum account. 

Hey mate I thought we were friends..... How could you choose such a terrible nation name?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is indeed awfull ... it really does kill the mood. it almost starts looking like a mafia clone disguised as  politics & war. 

No offence but when i started 3 days ago i was hoping top chart players had some form of profesionallism or roleplay.

No they have simpsons with Nukes , muppet shows , Anime girls and so on. Not even a backstory. just the oh so overused intimidating phrase from mafia clones " if you attack me you die or this and that" ... 

• Downvote 4

2 hours ago, sompel said:

It is indeed awfull ... it really does kill the mood. it almost starts looking like a mafia clone disguised as  politics & war. 

No offence but when i started 3 days ago i was hoping top chart players had some form of profesionallism or roleplay.

No they have simpsons with Nukes , muppet shows , Anime girls and so on. Not even a backstory. just the oh so overused intimidating phrase from mafia clones " if you attack me you die or this and that" ... 

This is your daily reminder that PW is a game. It's not supposed to be real. Who cares if the number one player is 'simpsons with Nukes'? This isn't a RP-heavy community, but the comical aspect makes it fun. 

Oh, and while we're on the topic of 'profesionallism': 

GRAMMAR POLICE INCOMING
"awfull"
"it" at the start of a sentence
Two spaces after 'as'
politics & war is a proper noun, therefore it's Politics & War.
'I' not i, twice
Don't whine about players not having professionalism when you spelled that wrong as well.
Simpsons and Muppets are proper nouns, capitalize.
Don't capitalize nukes, it isn't a proper noun.
'Just' is at the start of a sentence

Man, I really am mean sometimes.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan1 said:

This is your daily reminder that PW is a game. It's not supposed to be real. Who cares if the number one player is 'simpsons with Nukes'? This isn't a RP-heavy community, but the comical aspect makes it fun. 

Oh, and while we're on the topic of 'profesionallism': 

GRAMMAR POLICE INCOMING
"awfull"
"it" at the start of a sentence
Two spaces after 'as'
politics & war is a proper noun, therefore it's Politics & War.
'I' not i, twice
Don't whine about players not having professionalism when you spelled that wrong as well.
Simpsons and Muppets are proper nouns, capitalize.
Don't capitalize nukes, it isn't a proper noun.
'Just' is at the start of a sentence

Man, I really am mean sometimes.

Oh man .. This is why I can't stand americans.

News flash! The USA is not the only country in the world. This just shows how ignorant you are. 

Talking about "Grammar"  to improve your own self-esteem and show off superiority. we do self-education ,  english is one of them. not Including 3 other National languages from our schoolbanks.

It is just sad dictating grammar to a foreigner with your own mother tongue , to be honest.

• Downvote 4

On 3/19/2019 at 5:36 PM, sompel said:

This is why I can't stand americans.

T5cQbrc.gif

News flash! The USA is not the only country in the world. This just shows how ignorant you are

Where did he say anything about the USA? Is it because he spoke English? You do realize many countries speak English right?

Talking about "Grammar" 

Let's all talk about how relatively easy using decent grammar can be. 

we do self-education

Who is "we"? Also obligatory e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

• Upvote 1

PoJQyFJ.gif

On 3/20/2019 at 6:36 AM, sompel said:

News flash! The USA is not the only country in the world. This just shows how ignorant you are. 

If you're going to go on about how you think Americans are sometimes close-minded (which I 100% agree with) at least have some dignity to it.

inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

• 2 weeks later...