Buying More Land Reduce Infra Costs

Wendell

Just as the title says,

If you buy more land your cities are less cramped and therefore infrastructure is less stressed. 

For example, for every 500 square miles bought the infrastructure costs reduces by 1%.

• Downvote 1

I like this idea, but I think there should be a cap at how much the infra price can be reduced. 1% for 500 miles might seem fine, but what if someone were to get 50,000 land? Would infra cost nothing? Would it go into negatives and create an exploitable glitch in where you make free money? It’s a good idea but needs restrictions.

• Downvote 1
inb4 new spy operation “Plane Hijack”

This is the 21000th post in this subform and I'm fine with it.

TRI-poloski.jpg

7 hours ago, Ivan Ivanov said:

I like this idea, but I think there should be a cap at how much the infra price can be reduced. 1% for 500 miles might seem fine, but what if someone were to get 50,000 land? Would infra cost nothing? Would it go into negatives and create an exploitable glitch in where you make free money? It’s a good idea but needs restrictions.

Maybe it could be capped at 50% with 10000 land. Anyone trying to game the system would have to spend a ton on just land alone. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Inst said:

Land can't be destroyed, and most large nations have huge stockpiles of land.

This is especially true for back when farming was economical for large nations.

7 hours ago, Deulos said:

I'm not sure what you mean...

Land can get expensive, so only large nations currently have large amounts of land and will be the only ones who can afford large amounts of land for this to matter. As a result, large nations will profit more from this change, effectively putting small/new nations at a disadvantage.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png