I know you guys like having nazis here, but this is ridiculous

kosmokenny

8 hours ago, kosmokenny said:

Your policy of encouraging them by warning people who report their shit so long as they keep their nazi bullshit in discord or offsite forums while using your game to build their community is asinine as all frick.  You pretend to be on the moral high ground by claiming free speech and all that bullshit while their ilk are literally murdering people on the streets.  And youre entirely uninterested in not allowing them to use this game as a social networking hub.  How about you at least do something when they very obviously break your rules, huh?  Pretend not to be their lackeys for 2 seconds and ban this frickwit who has repeatedly been dealt with by those of us who actually care for all his offsite transgressions.  Now hes brought it on site, and he has named his nation after territory the nazis felt entitled to annex, his nation portrait is a convicted war criminal SS officer revered by the white power movement, hes got the chemical element Arsenic added to it so his nazi ilk know hes pro "gas em all", and his national anthem is a nazi propaganda video full of Wermacht and SS units in combat.  Exactly how much naziing does a nazi need to nazi in your game before you do something about it?

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=38614

gee you sound like a SJW why dont i see you !@#$ing about communist crap here? huh? 

So a few things I want to mention before I lock this thread. Alex isn't available for comment as he is travelling so I will handle the situation to the best of my ability. You are welcome to PM him if you feel I handled the situation incorrectly.

First of all, I strongly doubt there has been a situation where someone was warned for reporting nazi, terrorist, and/or inappropriate content; Typically, the only ones warned are those who are engaging in the act themselves. If there has been a situation like this please let myself or Alex know. The game has also always disallowed this content, so I don't know where you're getting the idea that we are "encouraging" this behavior as we very clearly are not.

Second, we cannot moderate things done off-site and off the official forums and discord for multiple reasons; The biggest being that we have no power over what other sites, discords and forums do. The other thing is that there is often no way to prove a person on another site, forum or discord is the same as someone in-game or on the official forums or discord; I myself have made this mistake before and wrongfully banned people (Who are now unbanned) based off of faulty information, so I know first-hand why people shouldn't be banned based off of something that has been done off the game, the official forums and/or discord.

Third, as far as the actual report goes, his name could be referring to a territory after WWI but it could also be referring to the group known as "The Sudeten Nazis" so it will be changed, his portrait is clearly showing a known nazi so it will also be changed. For now, he will be warned, I checked his moderation history and he has no prior warns for this so he will not be banned; If he continues this behavior though, which is stated in the game rules to not be allowed, he will be banned. 

Thank you for the report, if you have further concerns feel free to contact me or Alex in a respectful manner. 

EDIT: The name change was appealed as it was explained but the warn for the portrait remains. They changed to a new portrait which was checked and approved by me as well. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Chris locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 1/1/2019 at 12:29 AM, Chris said:

So a few things I want to mention before I lock this thread. Alex isn't available for comment as he is travelling so I will handle the situation to the best of my ability. You are welcome to PM him if you feel I handled the situation incorrectly.

First of all, I strongly doubt there has been a situation where someone was warned for reporting nazi, terrorist, and/or inappropriate content; Typically, the only ones warned are those who are engaging in the act themselves. If there has been a situation like this please let myself or Alex know. The game has also always disallowed this content, so I don't know where you're getting the idea that we are "encouraging" this behavior as we very clearly are not.

Second, we cannot moderate things done off-site and off the official forums and discord for multiple reasons; The biggest being that we have no power over what other sites, discords and forums do. The other thing is that there is often no way to prove a person on another site, forum or discord is the same as someone in-game or on the official forums or discord; I myself have made this mistake before and wrongfully banned people (Who are now unbanned) based off of faulty information, so I know first-hand why people shouldn't be banned based off of something that has been done off the game, the official forums and/or discord.

Third, as far as the actual report goes, his name could be referring to a territory after WWI but it could also be referring to the group known as "The Sudeten Nazis" so it will be changed, his portrait is clearly showing a known nazi so it will also be changed. For now, he will be warned, I checked his moderation history and he has no prior warns for this so he will not be banned; If he continues this behavior though, which is stated in the game rules to not be allowed, he will be banned. 

Thank you for the report, if you have further concerns feel free to contact me or Alex in a respectful manner. 

EDIT: The name change was appealed as it was explained but the warn for the portrait remains. They changed to a new portrait which was checked and approved by me as well. 

My apologies for being gone; I had left right on the 30th as this started. I don't really have anything new to add to what Chris said, only to reiterate that Nazism has always been against the rules, and isn't allowed here.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link