Typhon Run By Tyrant

Grig

On 1/3/2019 at 1:32 AM, MinesomeMC said:

But it started in 2018

That’s how good of a thread it is.

Edited by MDD

On 12/30/2018 at 4:55 PM, Buorhann said:

Also, Typhon is a terrible alliance.

We're a lot better than everyone says we are. Zephyr is a good guy who has a right to be punishing people for war dodging. We only run a 20/20 tax rate which is better than some higher level alliances and there is a special tax rate for anyone who uses Discord, pushing it down to 15/15. The only reason we use the 'special' 50/50 tax rate is for war dodgers, and I think that it is fair because the price you pay in military upkeep and rebuild of military after wars can be as much as a 50/50 tax rate if you are in war all the time.

I have seen nothing but good things and a little bit of trolling in my time at this alliance. There's not much that I can complain about, if anything at all. We give grants up to city ten and then we allow you to do more through requestive funding because of our taxes due to the amount of resources in our bank. We set quotas on Minimum Military Requirement (MMR) and this MMR is to make sure that when being attacked you have enough defence to protect yourself from a massive attack. 

The system in which messages are sent out is through a regular announcement message sent to all Typhon members notifying them of what has gone on during the past weeks and also what we should look out for in the next weeks.

In my opinion, this alliance is one of the best alliances out there.

On 12/30/2018 at 6:16 PM, Noctis said:

Is the 50% tax on cash only or also resources? Would be hard for a nation to grow after expenses if everyone is really stuck paying 50%.

Only if you are war dodging and then it's 50/50, otherwise it's normally 20/20, but we also have a 15/15 for Discord users.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:35 PM, Inst said:

I'm curious. What exactly is Typhon's member exit strategy? Typhon, as an alliance, seems to limit its members to 10 cities. What happens when Typhon members wish to go above 10 cities?

It's not a limit, we just don't have grants after 10 cities is all. We allow you to grow further but it has to come from your own income that way. 

Edited by ThommyZero
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/30/2018 at 11:31 PM, Noctis said:

Guess that isn’t as bad, although think resource tax for members being lower would help them grow faster. They’d be able to take better advantage of buying raw resources when cheap & producing steel, aluminum, etc, with it. Although in order to make that more profitable versus also mining raw materials for what they produce, taxes on resources make it harder. Also nations can produce much of the resources they need during war without as big of a warchest without them as well.

(50% on resources also seems harsh if it’s permanent & not a temporary punishment to teach them a lesson when they screw up)

It is a temporary punishment, if you start participating in wars then they put you back into the 20/20 bracket.

12 hours ago, Buorhann said:

@ThommyZero

>one of the best alliances

How many alliances were you a part of?

Two. I've heard other alliances have fallen apart more than ours which is always a positive.

But in the meantime I'm not going to do that because I do like this alliance a lot. I think they're a good alliance. If your opinion doesn't match, I don't care. I think it's good and that's all that matters at this point.

• Downvote 1

Typhon admittedly is pretty good for its tier. Of course, you have to remember that Arrgh has twice the declares out; for any given timeframe i.e, Typhon isn't a true raider alliance but is closer to a hybrid that both raids and farms. I'm surprised to an extent that these "hard" farms aren't set to 100% tax rates.

As for Typhon's long-term strategy, I see that Phantera has moved to Pantheon, which further corroborates the "Typhon won't maintain nations above 10 cities" idea.

12 minutes ago, Inst said:

Typhon admittedly is pretty good for its tier. Of course, you have to remember that Arrgh has twice the declares out; for any given timeframe i.e, Typhon isn't a true raider alliance but is closer to a hybrid that both raids and farms. I'm surprised to an extent that these "hard" farms aren't set to 100% tax rates.

As for Typhon's long-term strategy, I see that Phantera has moved to Pantheon, which further corroborates the "Typhon won't maintain nations above 10 cities" idea.

Typhoon existed for nearly 2 years and very briefly cracked the Top 30 a few times.

Has 121 members in with several other Applicants.

Cannot recall if it ever participated in a major war.

All it does is prey on inactive/micro tier areas of the game.

Its protected by Pantheon and TUE (lol wtf).

Its pretty much the trashcan alliance of nations who join the game then don’t do anything, most likely because theirs no ambition in it.

Its a terrible alliance for wasting a lot of potential it could have.

• Upvote 4

People protect typhon? Don't they just openly raid everybody too?

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

16 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Typhoon existed for nearly 2 years and very briefly cracked the Top 30 a few times.

Has 121 members in with several other Applicants.

Cannot recall if it ever participated in a major war.

All it does is prey on inactive/micro tier areas of the game.

Its protected by Pantheon and TUE (lol wtf).

Its pretty much the trashcan alliance of nations who join the game then don’t do anything, most likely because theirs no ambition in it.

Its a terrible alliance for wasting a lot of potential it could have.

For an alliance where we help new beginners to the game I think being in the top 30 is a pretty good achievement, usually as you climb higher in score you generally might move so to have that is a great achievement I think. 

And also 20%/15% tax rates are pretty good if you stop and think about how hybrids works, cause if you can raid and farm that's cool.

Typhon is actually handling like 40% of the declares down below. Typhon, as an alliance and political entity, is basically who you call in to suppress beaten down 0-10 city nations, and for that, they'll always be relevant.

The bigger criticism is, why Typhon? Other alliances can force build nations up to 15 cities within the span of a week, while Typhon just sits at the 0-10 range indefinitely. Typhon definitely provides a service to the community as a dedicated lower-tier suppression alliance, but it is not necessarily good for its members.

• Upvote 2

Guest San Fortunado
On 1/8/2019 at 6:26 AM, ThommyZero said:

We're a lot better than everyone says we are. Zephyr is a good guy who...

Lost me at that point.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:22 AM, Grig said:

Tough words, coming from a guy who deleted an entire city right after you booted me from the alliance just so you'd be out of my range.

OgGTZFN.gif

• Downvote 1

Verin-ProjectDev2.png