Alliance "Categories"

Roq

My idea is basically this. During the creation of an alliance, you would be able to choose what "type" of an alliance it is going to be. There are going to be three options, a democracy, a dictatorship, and a monarchy. Each of them will add different elements into the game, and of course slightly change how alliances functions.

Let's begin with the Democracy. Choosing the democracy category, the game will automatically update every, let's say, week. During the week, members are allowed to vote for people to become a government member, or something of the sort. There will be a required amount of days before the alliance can start voting on new government members, let's say, twenty-five days. Coups will be impossible for this style of government, and the government members will of course be chosen by the members. Side note, all members of government will have access to the bank. But, I was thinking of giving this certain alliance type a 5% population boost to all of the nations in the alliance, but this can easily be removed from the idea.

The second being a Dictatorship. This is more like the modern alliance format. With a leader or two, a heir, and officers. This category of alliances has a leader, and they are the one who "controls" the alliance. However, even officers are allowed to coup the alliance leader, should any of them deem it fit (or they're going for bank), and the leader can manually allow certain members access to the bank, for example, if he had someone named Joshua in Officer position, and another Officer named Zeke, he could give Joshua access to the bank, and disallow Zeke access. I was thinking of giving this alliance type a 10% boost to military recruitment, (similar to Propaganda Bureau). 

Lastly, a Monarchy. This is basically the modern alliance format. With a maximum amount of two leaders, any amount of heirs, and any amount of officers. This category has the government previously mentioned, but they are  exempt from taxes. Yes, I am aware that government members can create a tax bracket for themselves in the current game, but this would just be automatic, and unavoidable. Trying to coup a monarchy is going to be somewhat difficult. My idea with this, is that a majority (not 50%, at least 51%) of the alliance heirs have to "vote" to get rid of the current leadership. It should make formulating a coup much harder for larger alliances, and a monarchy could rig the system in their favor by having some of their "friends" as heirs so that they have almost no chance of getting couped. Also, Monarchies could have a 7% boost to commerce.  

Side note, for a Dictatorship and Monarchy, I was thinking of allowing the regular membership start a "Revolution", for example, if at least 50% of the player base (but there would be a requirement of at least 20 members), the alliance will be split into two parties, one being the dissenters, and the other being on the side of current leadership. From there, a two round war will occur, war ranges will basically be nullified, and either side can get outside help as they deem fit. However, any victory, or loss, wars by outsider alliances will not count. At the end of the two round war, the winning side (The side who won the most wars) will be able to choose government members. If the side with the original government wins, then the original government gets to stick around, however, if the dissenters win, then they will be able to place whoever they deem fit into the government positions.  

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Alright got some thoughts,

9 minutes ago, CitrusK said:

There will be a required amount of days before the alliance can start voting on new government members, let's say, twenty-five days

This needs to be something that the members of the alliance can trigger, not an automatic thing.  Perhaps having 1/3 of the alliance members call a vote triggers an election

12 minutes ago, CitrusK said:

5% population boost vs. 10% boost to military recruitment

These do not equate

There seems to be a focus on coups throughout this entire suggestion and arming the leaders of alliances against coups.  Why?  Coups are a good part of the game as they force leaders to really trust the members in their gov.  There shouldn't be any changes to that ability(except for the ability to make/customize multiple government roles).  As for democracy mechanics in-game, great idea...  Let's build on that.

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

My version of the coup feature:

In the dictatorship format, if two thirds of the alliance and 75% of gov choose to coup the leader, than a coup will take place and the leader is automatically kicked. 

Democracy Mode:

I do not like the idea of frequent  government elections, even in democracy mode. I think every 3 months for leader, every 2 months for heir, and every month for officer is better. Also, what happens if someone popular in the community wants to run, but has no clue what they are doing? What happens if someone popular in another alliance joins, is elected shortly after, and turns out to still be working for the other alliance? There should be a timer that doesn't let new members run for 4 months after they join. But, if that is implemented, what if someone from econ leaves to check on the offshore bank or something and needs to return and still be gov? This has way too  many loopholes and issues with it.

• Downvote 1

This sounds like a good idea it might need to be worked on but i think the idea is viable and it would make sense towards the game

A game called politics and war yet the government system doesn't do anything?

Kinda weird

I'd suggest there needing to be something like 10 days for the government type to change

To prevent alliances from choosing the economy one and then the moment they get into war "Well we are a dictatorship now!"

Also the coup thing imo is kinda unnecessary. A lot of people wouldn't hold the alliance hostage and you could always just create another alliance and have everyone move there.