Announcement From the League

Spectral

Old news, I've seen the anime ads...

Not enough small cute animals for me to join

Edited by Balish
  • Upvote 3

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

Scanning... Scanning.... Scanning......

Intentions found: Help people

Conflict discovered....

The O5 council finds your intentions to be... admirable... but, may pose a problem. In many situations The Foundation must risk or use the lives of others as tools to achieve our goal of keeping the public unaware of how terrible the world really is.  If the LoH stays out of Foundation operation and turns over any SCPs they locate via their heroics we the O5 believe this conflict will be resolved. Is this a fair agreement?

end transmission....

Ps. Best of luck

Secure. Contain. Protect.

5E64D7A3-C94A-437C-B065-38CB4D07C484.jpeg

Protectorate is the type of treaty agreement. Were not saying they're the protectorate, merely that that's the level. I'll add in the title but to make sure its clear.

We will, of course, be prepared to turn over the SCP in order to ensure the Foundation continues preserving the world.

It's been great working with Syndicate so far, and we look forward to continueing to do so. To a long friendship o7

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Spectral said:

We will, of course, be prepared to turn over the SCP in order to ensure the Foundation continues preserving the world.

Scanning.......

Conflict resolved

The O5 thanks you for your cooperation and in return will report any possibly villainous activity to LoH. Some time in the future we may contact you if we have an SCP that requires your.... expertise...

end transmission....

(This isn’t a PIAT or any kind of tie)

Secure. Contain. Protect.

5E64D7A3-C94A-437C-B065-38CB4D07C484.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

>Vacant

>Vacant

>Vacant

>Vacant

Why is Syndicate protecting this?

Why do so many top alliances protect so many shit micros all over town. 

It's a mystery that shall never be known. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

>Vacant

>Vacant

>Vacant

>Vacant

Why is Syndicate protecting this?

After 22 days, i think, is the real thing to add on to this. Having vacant slots early on isn't bad, i basically just performed the role of every gov until someone came along to do it. When Windy came i gave them FA, when Eclipse came and was a re roll who used to be milcom in an IQ AA, i gave him Milcom, and so forth. 

This way, i never have vacant slots.

As for why, i don't know, i wish i could understand why 90% of the protectorate treaties that exist do. 

• Downvote 1

I'm not new to these games, nor is Samoht. The reason we have so many vacant positions is because:

A.) We have a number of scripts automating much of the aa work

B.) We are waiting for the war to end for the rest if the aa to come together.

I have been apart of many worlds related to these places since 2009, and I will likely continue to play them for some time to come. If our alliance does not reach a significant milestone within a couple months, the protectorate will be dissolved and golden horde can claim they were right.

LoH will not be another irrelevant micro because we have ample knowledge of not just orbis but others. We have guides to offer our newbies, dedicated staff, and loyal member base. 

>not another irrelevant micro

>protected

Ok

This isn’t a “Golden Horde” thing, this is Hippo’s biggest pet peeve thing.  Most of the major AAs in this game have no standards with just accepting anybody who asks for a Protectorate tie, and yet quite a lot of people in random chats and back channels want to claim the game is dead due to stagnation moments - mostly caused by an inflation of AAs and dumb treaties.

The fact that any major AA is willing to protect alliances that 1) Have no real membership, 2) No valued experiences, 3) Are not willing to defend themselves, or 4) Have no direction - is causing this game to be inflated with irrelevant AAs that simply just end up as some other AAs tool.

And yet when those AAs get involved with some of the major backroom politics, they realize they’re not ready for it and make requests to others to bail them out.

Hell, even some of the major AAs out there have shit gov/leadership.  Players too scared or lazy, or simply have no idea how to handle their own issues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

>not another irrelevant micro

>protected

Ok

This isn’t a “Golden Horde” thing, this is Hippo’s biggest pet peeve thing.  Most of the major AAs in this game have no standards with just accepting anybody who asks for a Protectorate tie, and yet quite a lot of people in random chats and back channels want to claim the game is dead due to stagnation moments - mostly caused by an inflation of AAs and dumb treaties.

The fact that any major AA is willing to protect alliances that 1) Have no real membership, 2) No valued experiences, 3) Are not willing to defend themselves, or 4) Have no direction - is causing this game to be inflated with irrelevant AAs that simply just end up as some other AAs tool.

And yet when those AAs get involved with some of the major backroom politics, they realize they’re not ready for it and make requests to others to bail them out.

Hell, even some of the major AAs out there have shit gov/leadership.  Players too scared or lazy, or simply have no idea how to handle their own issues.

Hippo speaking sense yet again^^^.

I'd love to see having too many protectorates as a CB in the future. Not sure if that idea was stated before, but just an idea. 

15 minutes ago, TheRebelMan said:

Hippo speaking sense yet again^^^.

I'd love to see having too many protectorates as a CB in the future. Not sure if that idea was stated before, but just an idea. 

It's my dream to one day declare a war and have cessation or protectorates as a peace term :v

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/23/2018 at 5:48 AM, Buorhann said:

Most of the major AAs in this game have no standards with just accepting anybody who asks for a Protectorate tie, and yet quite a lot of people in random chats and back channels want to claim the game is dead due to stagnation moments - mostly caused by an inflation of AAs and dumb treaties.

Further to the point it's just plain bad decision-making to protect an alliance that can't offer anything in return. I get the impression that a lot of treaties get signed without having a functional purpose in mind and it's just the FA head or the alliance leader wanting to propogate the idea that they're working hard doing FA things. As a general rule I think protectorate treaties are often deeply misunderstood. At their most basic a protectorate treaty is just a one-sided defense agreement, yet so many players simply look at the number of green lines on the treary web as a representation of "power projection" or "proactive FA", when in fact they're black holes that suck resources away from the protector and typically return nothing of value.

Barring any exceptional arrangements like payment, vassilization or the like, the protector gets no immediate benefit, economic or military, from protecting an alliance. Because of this, there's usually some understanding (often likely never elaborated at the outset of the agreement) that the protectorate will reciprocate the favour at a later date once they become stronger. For players thinking in 2015-16 terms, this might seem smart, as BK and TKR started out as t$ protectorates and went on to help prop up a bona fide Syndicate-led hegemony for years. But more recently we've seen alliances such as the original TEst splinters, Dark Brotherhood, Bad Company, and doubtless many others I'm forgetting all split with their protectors and return nothing of value to them. The historical record should be evidence enough for the great powers of Orbis to question the validity of the assumption that protecting a new alliance will make them loyal to you.

So my overall point is that if the protector isn't extracting any explicit commitments from the protectorate to provide something of value, like a future mutual defense agreement or short-term payment, then the FA team of the protector is doing their own members a disservice. After all, if someone decides to raid the pro then its the members who are responsible for actually carrying out the protecting, not necessarily the FA guys who want to look busy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

bw0643E.gif