Afrikan Safari

Amaryllis

51 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Pretty sure you’re reliant on having allies to exist, so dumb thing to say. You’re just mad going after Afrika like you did resulted in something which you found unfavorable. Also lol at Vanguard joke.

Vanguard is the joke. You could make a stand up routine of saying Vanguard in different contexts and itd work.

Do they, though? Paperless and treatiless alliances do exist without getting destroyed, even if it's rare.

Please stop trying to be smart, you just aren't informed enough on... Any subject for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Akuryo said:

Vanguard is the joke. You could make a stand up routine of saying Vanguard in different contexts and itd work.

Do they, though? Paperless and treatiless alliances do exist without getting destroyed, even if it's rare.

Please stop trying to be smart, you just aren't informed enough on... Any subject for it.

Could make jokes about your alliance, but don’t know of anything they’ve done other than have bad posters like yourself.?

libertyribbon.png

6 minutes ago, John Zoidberg said:

A "Bad Poster" = +499 Rep

A "Good Poster" = -116 Rep

I do enjoy the jokes of today's youth....

13fc8c8ab8758eddd34f0b55126a726e.png

703de494fd5357eebeff8504777d949f.png

I consider the overall points a meaningless number, when it’s mostly s circle jerk of posters active on the forums upvoting each other & down voting any spheres they consider an enemy.

Although on individual posts, there are some members who whether they like a post matters. Although most alliances don’t bother much with the forum. I just view it as a way to have a list of people who want their names known to me as upvoting or downvoting my posts.

libertyribbon.png

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

Pretty sure you’re reliant on having allies to exist, so dumb thing to say. You’re just mad going after Afrika like you did resulted in something which you found unfavorable. Also lol at Vanguard joke.

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

tenor.gif

• Upvote 4

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

19 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

tenor.gif

Considering almost all my dislikes are from a handful of posters I don’t think are quality; it renders the system meaningless. I think Scar might be the only one in Golden Horde who puts any real thought into his likes and dislikes. I get it already on TGH not liking Vanguard. ?

Edited by Noctis

libertyribbon.png

8 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Considering almost all my dislikes are from a handful of posters I don’t think are quality; it renders the system meaningless. I think Scar might be the only one in Golden Horde who puts any real thought into his likes and dislikes. I get it already on TGH not liking Vanguard. ?

There is room for only one simple-minded stable boy in this realm. Please increase your intellect or vacate my space.

1 minute ago, Hodor said:

There is room for only one simple-minded stable boy in this realm. Please increase your intellect or vacate my space.

Sorry, this isn’t the safe space you were looking for. Go check the TGH forum maybe? Lol

libertyribbon.png

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Could make jokes about your alliance, but don’t know of anything they’ve done other than have bad posters like yourself.?

sorry, but what has TUE done?

9 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Having two protectors is pathetic. Having two from different spheres sounds like crafting a VG style copout of a conflict we know is coming.

I'd agree with Buor here, but i don't. He doesn't go far enough. You're just pixel-hugging cowards, honestly. Hope you actually get rolled for it too.

What's your opinion on Egyptian Empire

Just now, Vynneis said:

sorry, but what has TUE done?

What have you done? Although I seriously know nothing of their alliance or have a real opinion of them, other than seeing them in feed. (Not nearly as much as Arghh & TGH though)

libertyribbon.png

10 minutes ago, Noctis said:

What have you done? Although I seriously know nothing of their alliance or have a real opinion of them, other than seeing them in feed. (Not nearly as much as Arghh & TGH though)

Well, for starters we're much younger than TUE, sure we're just dogpiling TKR coalition atm so you can't really call it a war, so I won't mention that.

I also didn't decide to say that I knew nothing of an alliance, just pointed out the irony in what you said, which in itself is idiotic since Akuryo's in an alliance that was created 3 days ago.. the frick were you aiming at? "Oho, never heard of your 3 day old alliance, haha you suck"

Edited by Vynneis

6 minutes ago, Vynneis said:

Well, for starters we're much younger than TUE, sure we're just dogpiling TKR coalition atm so you can't really call it a war, so I won't mention that.

I also didn't decide to say that I knew nothing of an alliance, just pointed out the irony in what you said, which in itself is idiotic since Akuryo's in an alliance that was created 3 days ago.. the frick were you aiming at? "Oho, never heard of your 3 day old alliance, haha you suck"

I joined TUE recently 

libertyribbon.png

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

TGH launched on February, without allies or protectors, and joined a global war where both sides were fairly even roughly three weeks after. Then we signed KT and both of us fought off TKR and friends, month and a half after said global ( and in spite of obvious disadvantages for us), for two months and some extra days in change. Empi and Obv came afterwards.

AK launched on June, and so far, unless I'm missing something,  all it has done is join a global which is heavily on their favor four months after their inception, declare war on pirates, and when they found themselves in mildly hot water, ran off to another AA to protect them (likely annoying their original protectors in the process).

Your counter argument falls flat because you failed to acknowledge (either due to ignorance or indifference) the track record of both alliances, and their actions in easy and (relatively or otherwise) hard times. You failing to read up on some basic FA story is why people end up downvoting your posts. It isn't because of a circlejerk; it is simply because you're speaking out of your ass and posing as if you were knowledgeable enough to provide any meaningful insight on the subjects you're trying to opine on.

8 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Not much has happened in the last few weeks & I’m not digging through their history to give you a description of events I wasn’t around for.

Thank you for basically confirming what I said on my 3rd paragraph.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi
Grammar and formatting.
  • Upvote 3

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

7 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

TGH launched on February, without allies or protectors, and joined a global war where both sides were fairly even roughly three weeks after. Then we signed KT and both of us fought off TKR and friends month and a half said global (in spite of obvious disadvantages for us) for two months and some extra days in change. Empi and Obv came afterwards.

AK launched on June, and so far, unless I'm missing something,  all it has done is join a global which is heavily on their favor four months after their inception, declare war on pirates, and when they found themselves in mildly hot water, ran off to another AA to protect them (likely annoying their original protectors in the process).

Your counter argument falls flat because you failed to acknowledge (either due to ignorance or indifference) the track record of both alliances, and their actions in easy and (relatively or otherwise) hard times. You failing to read up on some basic FA story is why people end up downvoting your posts. It isn't because of a circlejerk; it is simply because you're speaking out of your ass and posing as if you were knowledgeable enough to provide any meaningful insight on the subjects you're trying to opine on.

Thank you for basically confirming what I said on my 3rd sentence.

Who cares if they declared on Pirates? Pirates declare on whoever they want anyways. Also doubt their old protector cares if they thought dealing with blow back from them having some fun warring some Pirates was to much trouble.

Also congrats on joining a major war you had no ties to either side in rather than hit pirates. Makes sense they get a new protector if they had a falling out with tS over the Pirate War. Not a big deal.

Edited by Noctis

libertyribbon.png

10 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Having two protectors is pathetic. Having two from different spheres sounds like crafting a VG style copout of a conflict we know is coming.

I'd agree with Buor here, but i don't. He doesn't go far enough. You're just pixel-hugging cowards, honestly. Hope you actually get rolled for it too.

How are we pixel huggers when we got into so many conflict over the small length of our existence? And we aren't keeping t$ as our protectors btw, so that is invalid as well. We are still a micro, and so we are likely to want a protectorate. Finally, why do you respond negatively to every post related to AK?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Who cares if they declared on Pirates? Pirates declare on whoever they want anyways. Also doubt their old protector cares if they thought dealing with blow back from them having some fun warring some Pirates was to much trouble.

Also congrats on joining a major war you had no ties to either side in rather than hit pirates. Makes sense they get a new protector if they had a falling out with tS over the Pirate War. Not a big deal.

I've already elaborated why openly declaring war on pirates is a stupid thing to do, and something that people roll their eyes over in the DoW thread. If you are unable to properly understand that, in spite of the extensive explanation provided by several people who're more knowledgeable than you in the subject in particular, and the game in general, then that's on you, not me or anyone else.

You're also the only person who's foolish enough to think that hitting by-large ZM'd nations that can be countered with half-decent activity and standing military, is more important than joining a global, which was both more interesting and challenging than hitting pirates.

''We did something dumb which annoyed our original protector, so let's go sign the one alliance that they nearly ended up warring over some protectorate drama.''

By the nature of the treaty itself, protectorates relinquish most if not all of their FA capabilities and let their protectors cover those in their stead. What this means is, if they do something dumb FA wise, it's the protector that has to sort it out for them. There's also the fact that rather than trying to stand on their own two feet, they just ran to someone else to cover them up, which should be a dead giveaway that they aren't worth signing to begin with because they aren't dependable, choosing to let others deal with the consequences of their actions, rather than man up themselves.

Oh, and congrats on disregarding most of my post outright, rather than trying to formulate a response, even if it took some research to do so.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi
  • Upvote 5

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

5 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

I've already elaborated why openly declaring war on pirates is a stupid thing to do, and something that people roll their eyes over in the DoW thread. If you are unable to properly understand that, in spite of the extenvise explanation provided by several people who're more knowledgeable than you in the subject in particular, and the game in general, then that's on you, not me or anyone else.

You're also the only person who's foolish enough to think that hitting by-large ZM'd nations that can be countered with half-decent activity and standing military, is more important than joining a global, which was both more interesting and challenging than hitting pirates.

''We did something dumb which annoyed our original protector, so let's go sign the one alliance that they nearly ended up warring over some protectorate drama.''

By the nature of the treaty itself, protectorates relinquish most if not all of their FA capabilities and let their protectors cover those in their stead. What this means is, if they do something dumb FA wise, it's the protector that has to sort it out for them. There's also the fact that rather than trying to stand on their own two feet, they just ran to someone else to cover them up, which should be a dead giveaway that they aren't worth signing to begin with because they aren't dependable, choosing to let others deal with the consequences of their actions, rather than man up themselves.

Oh, and congrats on disregarding most of my post outright, rather than trying to formulate a response, even if it took some research to do so.

I know you went into detail on your exploits, but they’re relatively new as you said. New alliances sometimes don’t know people don’t usually post DoWs for pirates. Not an alliance ending event. Sorry if this post isn’t long enough to cover all your points, but the point is it doesn’t matter if it was wise or not in the long run. Maybe next time they won’t post a DoW for pirates without making sure their protector has their back if another alliance suddenly gets involved.

libertyribbon.png

4 hours ago, Noctis said:

You realise you're actually harming your alliances FA reputation when you make low-brow insults against sphere leaders. Plenty of people who've made a fool out of themselves on the OWF have never been able to recover from the damage to their rep from that.  

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

I consider the overall points a meaningless number, when it’s mostly s circle jerk of posters active on the forums upvoting each other & down voting any spheres they consider an enemy.

Although on individual posts, there are some members who whether they like a post matters. Although most alliances don’t bother much with the forum. I just view it as a way to have a list of people who want their names known to me as upvoting or downvoting my posts.

You'll find the majority of people who voice their opinions aren't this "on-dimensional hive mind" that you and others seem to think is out to get people. I've had times when my posts have been upvoted by IQ, EMC, Vanguard, t$, Arrgh, KT/TGH etc, and times when people have down-voted them. People of course have different views but if you actually post something that's funny, gives people some insight into the wider politics or just helps the discussion advance people will take notice of your impact on the forum. If you post ill thought out rubbish that doesn't contribute to the discussion, is completely off-topic or on the odd-rare occasion do so out of spite then you will get downvotes. Yes the forums can be a volatile places from time to time but that's what makes the politics of the game the most enjoyable, with the clash of agendas, goals, conflicts personalities etc. You're correct that not everyone uses the forums, but the vast majority of the player-base don't dictate or direct the flow of foreign policy between alliances. You'll find around 100 or so influential people (With an even smaller amount of very influential people) on this community who are the real cogs behind the politicking between the power blocs, the OWF is just one place where this takes place. Just because someone doesn't post doesn't mean they don't stay engaged, I read the forums regularly without posting for over a year, and I know many many others who read OWF announcements, treaty signings etc but just refrain from posting.

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

Despite being in TKR's sphere for over 2 1/2 years I quite like KT/TGH, our war we fought made me respect the hell out of them and I have built up many friends from both KT/TGH. TGH deserve mad props for creating a top tier alliance in less than one month that never gave up in the lop-sided war they fought against us. They actually put a lot more thought into their up/down votes than you think and influence wise they certainly punch well above their weight in global politics in this game.

Edited by Sphinx
Fixing typos
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

You realise you're actually harming your alliances FA reputation when you make low-brow insults against sphere leaders. Plenty of people who've made a fool out of themselves on the OWF have never been able to recover from the damage to their rep from that.  

You'll find the majority of people who voice their opinions aren't this "on-dimensional hive mind" that you and others seem to think is out to get people. I've had times when my posts have been upvoted by IQ, EMC, Vanguard, t$, Arrgh, KT/TGH etc, and times when people have down-voted them. People of course have different views but if you actually post something that's funny, gives people some insight into the wider politics or just helps the discussion advance people will take notice of your impact on the forum. If you post ill thought out rubbish that doesn't contribute to the discussion, is completely off-topic or on the odd-rare occasion do so out of spite then you will get downvotes. Yes the forums can be a volatile places from time to time but that's what makes the politics of the game the most enjoyable, with the clash of agendas, goals, conflicts personalities etc. You're correct that not everyone uses the forums, but the vast majority of the player-base don't dictate or direct the flow of foreign policy between alliances. You'll find around 100 or so influence people (With an even smaller amount of very influential people) on this community who are the real cogs behind the politicking between the power blocs, the OWF is just one place where this takes place. Just because someone doesn't post doesn't mean they don't stay engaged, I read the forums regularly without posting for over a year, and I know many many others who read OWF announcements, treaty signings etc but just refrain from posting.

Despite being in TKR's sphere for over 2 1/2 years I quite like KT/TGH, our war we fought made me respect the hell out of them and I have built up many friends from both KT/TGH. TGH deserve mad props for creating a top tier alliance in less than one month that never gave up in the lop-sided war they fought against us. They actually put a lot more thought into their up/down votes than you think and influence wise they certainly punch well above their weight in global politics in this game.

Wouldn’t insult him if he wasn’t randomly insulting Vanguard in his post, respected him more before he started with the pointless insults toward our bloc.

libertyribbon.png