Potential Bullying

Grig

My alliance's leader is bullying alliance members into doing things they don't want to, and if they don't like it and leave, he orders the entire alliance to attack them, continuing the harassment. Does this constitute a breach of the rules?

• Downvote 8

Could you be more descriptive (You can PM me about it here or on discord if you need to)? What you're describing right now isn't necessarily breaking any rules. However, if he is using vulgar language and/or resorting to personal attacks, that's a different story. Also please note that actions done outside of the game and its official forum and discord can't be moderated/handled unless if it's an extreme case.

image.png.8bef33d00477dd7cf0b61d3f0798d737.png

^ That borders on stolen valour, as well as bullying, because this 16 year old Aussie seems to think he knows what actual war is like.

image.png.4156beefa1d3a081ee94e7d57cd911dc.png

^ He's demanding the entire alliance attack this former member until he rage quits the game. He left because Zephyr forces every member (unless they're a close personal friend) to pay 50% taxes. He also implies that anyone who leaves will get the same treatment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

All of this is legal. Some people decide to run their alliance like this, and this is what happens. I'll also point out that a single round of wars on a deserter is relatively light punishment. If it's PZI (permanent zero infrastructure) or eternal war, there are in-game remedies for that.

Also, let me point out that Arrgh is actually Typhon's close friends, i.e, they're one of the few people Arrgh won't attack. It's interesting that, first, PS was accepted into Arrgh, when Typhon had a hate-on for him, and that Typhon attacked into the Arrgh AA. There must be an interesting story here.

===

I also want to point out that your nation link does not work, and I'd like to know if you're the actual Grig Hold. Given your description of Zephyr, it's surprising he hasn't booted you yet.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Grig said:

image.png.8bef33d00477dd7cf0b61d3f0798d737.png

^ That borders on stolen valour, as well as bullying, because this 16 year old Aussie seems to think he knows what actual war is like.

image.png.4156beefa1d3a081ee94e7d57cd911dc.png

^ He's demanding the entire alliance attack this former member until he rage quits the game. He left because Zephyr forces every member (unless they're a close personal friend) to pay 50% taxes. He also implies that anyone who leaves will get the same treatment.

This is pretty typical behavior, both in real-life militaries as well as in-game.

The game is called Politics & War - it's not always fair, but you have to resort to both politics and war to succeed. Start talking to other nations and alliances to see if you can find someone else who will help you out, or build up your military and fight back.

As far as I can tell, based on the evidence provided, there's no indication of any in-game rules being broken.

• Like 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

On 12/17/2018 at 2:33 PM, Grig said:

Australian Defense Act, part VII, 80A:

"Falsely representing to be returned soldier, sailor or airman

(1)  A person is guilty of an offence if:

(a)  the person represents himself or herself to be a returned soldier, sailor or airman; and

(b)  the representation is false.

Penalty:  30 penalty units or imprisonment for 6 months, or both."

(Source: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2005C00217/)

There's also a section about fake service decorations, but the point is that he's not claiming to be a veteran. He's saying that desertion is a shitty thing to do. Those are two very different things, fella. I call you out on this because "stolen valour" is a very real thing that's not to be taken lightly and certainly isn't something to be misinformed about.

(Incidentally, the USA law about "stolen valour" is much more lenient; you are completely allowed to lie about serving in the military as long as you don't wear a fake medal, sell fake medals, forge certificates claiming the authenticity of fake medals, etc. That's how the Supreme court ruled it, so that's how it is until the Supreme court rules on it again or a new law is passed.

Also, I'm a civilian for life; I just happen to be studying law.)

• Upvote 3

The problem with Grig Hold's accusation is that he's claiming that Papa - Stalin will be permawarred until Papa - Stalin quits. That is, somewhat excessive for a desertion. But we have yet to see whether it's true.

On 12/18/2018 at 12:29 PM, Alex said:

This is pretty typical behavior, both in real-life militaries as well as in-game.

The game is called Politics & War - it's not always fair, but you have to resort to both politics and war to succeed. Start talking to other nations and alliances to see if you can find someone else who will help you out, or build up your military and fight back.

As far as I can tell, based on the evidence provided, there's no indication of any in-game rules being broken.

LMFAO, no, that is not typical behaviour in real world military's. So, outside of being a coward who can't stand up to the racists in the game he made, you're also claiming to know anything about how actual war or military's work? What's next, you gonna go full stolen valour and claim to have been in the army or some shit? frickin get your shit together man.

• Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, Grig said:

LMFAO, no, that is not typical behaviour in real world military's. So, outside of being a coward who can't stand up to the racists in the game he made, you're also claiming to know anything about how actual war or military's work? What's next, you gonna go full stolen valour and claim to have been in the army or some shit? frickin get your shit together man.

images.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In real life militaries, people are put up for trial for desertion, and possibly shot. So are you suggesting that Typhon kidnap Papa-Stalin and shoot him?

For what it's worth, Papa-Stalin is not receiving continuous declares by Typhon. He's been out of beige for a few days, and beyond the farewell party (shout-out to all the Umbrellaiures who remember Blood-In, Blood-Out) he hasn't been engaged.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Inst said:

In real life militaries, people are put up for trial for desertion, and possibly shot. So are you suggesting that Typhon kidnap Papa-Stalin and shoot him?

For what it's worth, Papa-Stalin is not receiving continuous declares by Typhon. He's been out of beige for a few days, and beyond the farewell party (shout-out to all the Umbrellaiures who remember Blood-In, Blood-Out) he hasn't been engaged.

I've signed a BiBo here. Papa Roq can nuke me if I ever leave the NPO ;) 

21 hours ago, Grig said:

Also there are punishments for desertion in real world militaries. In game, the punishments meted out to deserters are what you've seen here. Its not bullying. War dodgers/deserters get their just rewards ;) 

On 12/14/2018 at 9:51 AM, Grig said:

My alliance's leader is bullying alliance members into doing things they don't want to, and if they don't like it and leave, he orders the entire alliance to attack them, continuing the harassment. Does this constitute a breach of the rules?

Yeah Sean Anthony sucks

Man if I had to go down (getting banned) for telling members to do things

It'd be all the single females, holla this way.

?

This is milquetoast, weak ass shit

Welcome to Orbis

• Like 1

Hi Grrigor, lets get some things out of the way first. You come onto the forums to complain about bullying and then when people expalin why you are wrong you decide to insult them and tell them they dont know what theyre talking about. Also heres some laws on desertion.

America-

Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct

Australia-

According to Section 98 of the Commonwealth Defence Act 1903, no member of the Defence Force shall be sentenced to death by any court martial except for four offences: mutiny; desertion to the enemy; or traitorously delivering up to the enemy any garrison, fortress, post, guard, or ship, vessel, or boat, or aircraft; or traitorous correspondence with the enemy

England- 

• Being absent without leave to avoid active service - Life Imprisonment.
Edited by Jorad Gunther
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

I've been calling people trash since the inception of this game and unfortunately I'm still here.

I remember you called me ugly once. 

I demand my money back. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1