Orbis United Alliances

General Makhing

Attention all PnW Gamers, TKR is in great danger, and needs YOUR help to wipe out all the alliances in IQ. To do this, they need 100bil and a couple of infra. To help them, all they need is your credit card number, the three numbers on the back, and the expiration month and date. But you gotta be quick so that TKR can secure those credits, and achieve the epic victory R O Y A L

• Upvote 2

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

9 hours ago, General Makhing said:

ATTENTION TO ALL LEADERS OF ALLIANCES

The leaders and FA of Alliances are hereby invited to participate in  Orbis United Alliences where war and peace is negotiated, Orbis international law and alliances agreements are made.

Each Alliance is required to appoint one member from their Alliance to represent the Alliance in the General Assembly of Orbis United Alliances organisation.

https://discord.gg/HsY4Etw

Even the bastard lovechild of Partisan, Roq, Ripper, Nizam, Buor, Pre and Roz all rolled into one couldn't bring world peace despite all that influence, so obviously you're off to a flying start.

Also I call dibs on tCW's spot.

Edited by Sphinx

Until it turns out they weren't and I have the videographic evidence.

@OP

Just a note about the game. A former friend told me this was the most toxic game he's ever played, and that's how the game is designed, to be honest. From the very beginning, the game is supposed to be about beating other people's teeth in. The speed of combat engagements mean that it's very hard to win a war when you're losing, and the most effective strategy early on is to raid inactive or, more upsettingly, weaker nations. The loot mechanic in game encourages incessant warfare, with the initial stage often contentious, but with the later stages approximating a glorified raid.

I think in other games you have a dynamic between "moralists" and raiders. In this game, the concept of moralist barely exists. The last people who tried to stomp out lower-tier raiders also were probably attempting to deliberately get themselves rolled as well, and the "moralist" factor is not a "cultural" thing, but rather a structural thing; raiding, warfare, etc, these are all part of the game. I recall a rather "carebear" alliance that migrated from a more sedate game. They got rolled repeatedly, then their descendant ended up being populated in part by aggressive and offensive !@#$. And they are probably winning as a result.

Edited by Inst

The whole thing lasted 4 hours before a raider who got mod privileges kicked everyone and left. It lasted 1 hour before raiders came in and turned it into a meme, and 3 hours until someone discovered you can ping @everyone as much as you want, causing massive spam pings.

Edited by Ryan1
  • Downvote 1

I kinda feel bad that this guy got so many downvotes. It's not like he had bad intention for this or anything, just a noob being a noob

• Upvote 1

I'm just procrastinating for a paper I have to write at this point.

1 hour ago, Squeegee said:

I kinda feel bad that this guy got so many downvotes. It's not like he had bad intention for this or anything, just a noob being a noob

You're only saying this cause you got all the upvotes.

• Like 1

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

On 12/12/2018 at 2:09 AM, Inst said:

@OP

Just a note about the game. A former friend told me this was the most toxic game he's ever played, and that's how the game is designed, to be honest.

Your friend obviously doesn't get out much if he thinks this is the most toxic game he's ever played.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

Your friend obviously doesn't get out much if he thinks this is the most toxic game he's ever played.

Yeeeah... seriously, don't underestimate how toxic things can be. P&W isn't great, but it's far far far from as toxic as things can become.

I've said it before, but I've seen things so toxic that even describing in passing detail would be grounds for a forum ban.

1 hour ago, Inst said:

What, the OOC attacks and real-life persecution? Been there, seen that.

There are some worse games and you know it :P Also worse instances from other worlds hehe. But yeah given that, PnW is quite vanilla (but still bad!)

• Upvote 1