Intelligence Gathering bug?

Mandystalin

No screenshots, partly to protect the data of the innocent and partly because I'm having trouble getting them small enough to upload here.

However, Basically I gathered Intel on a nation I am at war with and got a false number for their nation's money. The timeline is as follows:

War declared 8.30am 6th December

Blockade established 8.31am

Ground battle timings showing loot gained:

$628,553.12 at 01.15pm

$690,739.19 at 08.02pm

$861,050.45 at 06.09am 7th December

$187,016.82 at 06.10am

6.10am gathered intelligence - exactly $100,000.00 money shown. I was suspicious of such a round number at the time

$716,906.33 at 12.55pm

$592,915.97 at 07.47pm

$834,502.97 at 04.01am 8th December

Now it isn't money moving back & forth from a bank, because they're blockaded (blockade is unbroken)

It isn't trade, as their last recorded trade activity was 4th December

It really can't be income... yes they have 27 cities but with only an average of just under 500 infra each. How could they generate enough cash in 3 turns for me to be able to loot over seven times their previous total cash reserves?

• Administrators
On 12/8/2018 at 1:17 AM, Mandystalin said:

Just gathered Intel again. The values of their resources have altered (slightly less uranium etc) but they have exactly $100,000.00 still

I don't think there's a bug with the gather intel operation - there may be a bug with ground battles letting you steal more loot than exists? I'd be really surprised to find out there's a bug like that, but I suppose it's not impossible. But they do only have $100K on hand at the moment.

They are producing enough money per day to where it may be feasible that you are just stealing what they're producing. I'll dig into the code to see if I can find any obvious bugs, but it more or less appears to be on the up-and-up.

• Like 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Are there other nations attacking the nation you're spying?  They could be the ones looting the nation and causing such a random number.

Also, older nations have bigger pop caps, therefore generate more income.

Edited by Buorhann

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 12/8/2018 at 7:44 AM, Mandystalin said:

No screenshots, partly to protect the data of the innocent...

It really can't be income... yes they have 27 cities but with only an average of just under 500 infra each.

Well, looking at your wars, I can see only one 27-cities nation, so you aren't really hiding anything. :P

6.10am gathered intelligence - exactly $100,000.00 money shown. I was suspicious of such a round number at the time

On 12/8/2018 at 9:17 AM, Mandystalin said:

Just gathered Intel again. The values of their resources have altered (slightly less uranium etc) but they have exactly $100,000.00 still

Nothing strange with that. The last $100k of a nation are always protected, so when you loot all the cash you can from a nation, it is still left with $100k.

Now it isn't money moving back & forth from a bank, because they're blockaded (blockade is unbroken).It isn't trade, as their last recorded trade activity was 4th December

It really can't be income... yes they have 27 cities but with only an average of just under 500 infra each. How could they generate enough cash in 3 turns for me to be able to loot over seven times their previous total cash reserves?

I see nothing wrong with those numbers. At 27 cities, 500 infra/city and that long age of the nation (effectively increasing the actual infra close to 800/city), this nation should be able to produce around $3 million per day ($750k per 6 hours). Add to that the $300k log-in bonus and nothing too peculiar can be seen.

There is no bug.