The Freedom Wars

Ottoman Republic

Hi,

I am Phillip the second/current Prime Minister of HUF.

I make this announcement today to confirm the declaration of war by the Institution on an ally MEU (Military and Economic Union) so HUF has ended its history of neutrality, It’s streak of peace since its formation this is our first official war (excluding raids). For us this is very much a war on democracy and its sovereignty, and a war that must prove in hardships that we can function as competently as the imperialists that threaten our way of life.

We may not have a perfected system and to say it’s superior is even a matter of perspective but let it be said that we will enforce the virtues HUF was founded upon even when hardship ensues. We will muster our might to fight for the egalitarian treatment of all alliances when we are able. We won’t sucumb to the war culture with disregard to our cause, our foundation.

Every alliance is founded upon certain morals, goals and innovation to be different and we hold true to that while we see everybody else tempted to use the war tactics they see working in their favor at others expense. Let it be known we are not the provoker and these unfortunate circumstances haven’t been to our favor but the HUF culture won’t submit to any higher identity or agenda.

We ask not for help for If we get foreign aid then Camelot will assist the Institution but I am raising awareness of our existence for anybody looking for an alliance they are willing to fight for, and in turn we will fight for you. This is the most public announcement we have made because equivocally Its the most crucial.

We will continue fighting and doubt this is the last Orbis will hear from us. We thank our friends and allies for everything they have done in our history and will ensure through victory here and only then that we can continue to co-exist with you, to serve you all the people of Orbis. We will prevail to despotism and usher in hopefully a next generation with inevitable change.

Any resource assistance is appreciated to either HUF or MEU. If the imperialists win then a MEU must cease to membership under them and potentially HUF must also but we will have fallen or won fighting for the very beliefs we have always held and If we are to win our only conditions are that they pay war reparations and can’t declare on us again for the time period we determine at the treaty negotiations, we intend to hold no power or shame over their heads when that’s the very thing our opponent declared to do.

For now HUF must focus on this threat and If my people believe I have surrendered the moral high ground then they may look forward to the February election in which I’d seek re-election.

Sorry to write such a long statement but I value honesty with the public and that they deserve accurate updates on our affairs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm glad to see smaller alliances taking a stab at war, put on a show ?

Note: They're actually the larger of the two combined lol, should be pretty 50/50

Thx Epi and El Barto (Assuming Barto isn’t being sarcastic). I knew most ppl wouldn’t care as we are still considered micro and nobody cares until you have power but I figured trying to communicate with the people didn’t hurt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

With my experience fighting with HUF and its members a couple of months ago I really cannot see how this war could end well for them.

Still good show, hope you don't get disbanded. :P

Edited by Machiavelli

Screenshot_2018-12-26-00-42-07-578_com.discord098.png

18 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

With my experience fighting with HUF and its members a couple of months ago I really cannot see how this war could end well for them.

Still good show, hope you don't get disbanded. :P

When did we fight you? We have done raids before and been raided but we haven’t had any fights we have considered wars. Which alliance are you with?

4 minutes ago, Ottoman Republic said:

When did we fight you? We have done raids before and been raided but we haven’t had any fights we have considered wars. Which alliance are you with?

I'm not sure it was officially HUF but I had a few ongoing fights with Ry and Tallplace back in the days when I'd just started PnW and needed raid targets.

May have gone back before Ry officially founded HUF and was with his last micro, glad to see he isn't a part anymore though. Guy used to run his mouth off with no real ability to follow up

Edited by Machiavelli
  • Upvote 1

Screenshot_2018-12-26-00-42-07-578_com.discord098.png

13 minutes ago, Ryno said:

Ah Imperialism. Love it, got to love it. Sorta like the teenage phase of a nation/alliance. ah but we did offer ya a peacefully way out, just remember that 

Peaceful way out as in a forced merge from MEU into you? HUF may not have needed to get involved but we honor pacts/blocs/ treaties which we have with them. We do all we can to help others and even If we didn’t care about others letting all other alliances in our range of strength get annexed then we stand alone to the same fate. You act like a peaceful merge is a great service and that they have wronged you to deserve this when with all due respect they deserve sovereignty as much as you. Prior to this If I thought we would be relatively helpful then I’d have joined if TIn was being annexed. 

1 minute ago, Ottoman Republic said:

Peaceful way out as in a forced merge from MEU into you? HUF may not have needed to get involved but we honor pacts/blocs/ treaties which we have with them. We do all we can to help others and even If we didn’t care about others letting all other alliances in our range of strength get annexed then we stand alone to the same fate. You act like a peaceful merge is a great service and that they have wronged you to deserve this when with all due respect they deserve sovereignty as much as you. Prior to this If I thought we would be relatively helpful then I’d have joined if TIn was being annexed. 

Don't get me wrong friend. I respect that you want sovereignty, but an alliance must grow one way or another, and sometimes it can come down to force. 

1 minute ago, Machiavelli said:

I'm not sure it was officially HUF but I had a few ongoing fights with Ry and Tallplace back in the days when I'd just started PnW and needed raid targets.

May have gone back before Ry officially founded HUF and was with his last micro, glad to see he isn't a part anymore though. Guy used to run his mouth off with no real ability to follow up

May have been before HUF and Ry is still a member whom I care about but our ppl deemed he was unfit to be the leader. In all honesty though I held the impeachment vote I felt guaranteed he would be forgiven and the close encounter would be a warning to him but I respected their voice and took charge when that wasn’t the case.

2 minutes ago, Ryno said:

Don't get me wrong friend. I respect that you want sovereignty, but an alliance must grow one way or another, and sometimes it can come down to force. 

I understand your point to. I’m quite good at rationalizing everybody else’s intent and frankly I don’t hold any feelings against you or Soviet as it’s a game. I might have fury at a moments notice but it subsides. My excuse is this though: When I invest my life into this so often and even when I’m offline invest my mind into thinking about my ppl and choices It’s easy to forget it’s a game it’s easy to feel as if you are actually serving others and contributing.

I thought we had evolved past blocks of texts...

• Upvote 2

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

1 hour ago, Balish said:

I thought we had evolved past blocks of texts...

"Not want merge. Want be own group. Do war. GLHF"

I dunno about you, but I feel like the "blocks of text" make things seem more official, and as they should be.

Granted, paragraphs and separate text blocks would be nice though. If that's what you had in mind.

Anyways, good luck to you Phillip. I hope your alliance comes out on the persevering end.

Edited by Kazimierz the Great

So ghosting already started?
GG MEU and HUF
Going back on your own words and when we do the same to you you cry?
Camelot won't be helping at all.
We'll just sit outside and make sure it remains the one-on-one(or two-on-one since TI is at war with HUF and MEU) it is meant to be.

11 hours ago, Ottoman Republic said:

Thx Epi and El Barto (Assuming Barto isn’t being sarcastic). I knew most ppl wouldn’t care as we are still considered micro and nobody cares until you have power but I figured trying to communicate with the people didn’t hurt.

No sarcasm my dude, I'm not usually as active here in the forums but light of some recent events I've been finding myself wanting to come and check it out more often.

I've spoken with some HUF folks personally and from what I can tell at least, they are respectable folk. And I love micros and "less" relevant people coming into the community and speaking out so this whole thing is a thumbs up from me man 

Keep up the good fight guys