PnW Holiday Happiness: Charity in the Nuclear Winter

Raphael

I've been told by quite a few people that PnW isn't the best place to raise money, but that's not the point. This is a rare chance for our community, that shares these forums and this game, to come together for a common good.

The amount we raise isn't the point. It's the occasional opportunity to set aside IC differences, or even OOC disagreements, and make some sort of difference. Whatever we donate here will go to a positive end, hopefully the goodwill generated by this gesture will matter as well.

• Like 5

Here is a link to the Charity Navigator review of this organization: 

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12548

Solid marks all around! This is a great way for our community to get together and spread the love this year. I'll push the fundraiser out to the Great Job! Nation and start encouraging people to lighten their wallets!

• Upvote 1

Donated (Joshnytx) to this great cause.

There are always people in the world, even locally, your neighbors who have it worse than you do - often charities are centralized on oversees, so do remember to work local too, help out friends, family and neighbors during the holiday season & throughout the years...simple humanity goes a long way.

Will also share this within the ORB Community & TI. o/

Edit: Additionally - created a full spread of information on the organization w/ links to back up your fundraiser, free to the public w/ easy share link.

Sharing it to our large ORB Community, alliance, family, and friends.

https://orbisweekly.net/thirst/

Edit Edit: If anyone donates $30 or more to this cause, I will upgrade current ORB membership to Platinum OR give you free Platinum Membership. This is also x3 - so instead of 6 months of service, you will be hooked up with 18 months of service, for free, for choosing to give life to someone this holiday season.

It's a $45,000,000 PW Cash value - all for free - and it takes mere seconds.

Edited by Mad Max
  • Upvote 1

You guys are great! Special thank you to Alex for throwing this into the changelog!

We're almost to $250 raised which is way more than I expected to *end* with. Right now the website says we've raised enough for seven people to get access to clean water. If you think about how much your household pays for water, you've given these people sustainable access to clean drinking water for the collective price of 2-4 months of water bills. That's my favorite part about Charity: Water, the low cost and ability to impact a life in such a significant and positive way.

• Upvote 2

0QQxwx3.png

You got 104 days left - set some money aside and do something good. 17 people currently getting clean water thanks to this awesome community, why not push for more? Read more about and support BR's campaign!

Edited by Mad Max

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

Guess we better get to working on that stupid idea of "water as a resource" in game now to celebrate.

i still think natural disasters would be pretty cool

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

Hey guys just wanting to drop a final update!

We raised $519 for Charity Water through this PnW donation drive, 100% of that money has been allocated into field work for digging wells and providing clean access to water for third world areas!

The email they sent me says over the next 21 months they'll be updating us on the status of the work being done so if anyone's interested in that I can make a new thread but I assume it'll be long time periods between posts. Charity Water has been a great way to raise money from gaming communities in the past for me, I know they'll keep up their great work going into the future. Thank you guys for your support, donations, and help getting this post visibility!

And sorry for gravedigging :P

Awesome update!