Ripper

Global War Peace Terms - Discussion

Personally I think it should just be agreed both sides don’t declare new wars after both sides feel they got enough hits in & neither wants to do terms.

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Edward I said:

Bots that immediately accept bad trades

I know it seems that it's a bot that does everything but it's actually Koso that accepts the trades, the bot just check all the new trades and gives him a broader view of the market, but he's there to check and manually accept the trade, he's the human bot online 24/7 :v

Complete automatic bots are banned btw

And if you want back your resources/money you just have to message him, he wants a piece of art in exchange but he's not demanding on quality :D

• Upvote 4

Why would the winning side peace?  There's so little resistance and we could almost farm TKR-and-friends for money and resources indefinitely, depending on how much we may need to sell down to continue getting to them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

Why would the winning side peace?  There's so little resistance and we could almost farm TKR-and-friends for money and resources indefinitely, depending on how much we may need to sell down to continue getting to them.

You could do that and see that it's not that viable as you think it is over long term.

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

You could do that and see that it's not that viable as you think it is over long term.

I mean obviously they'd run out at some point, yeah.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Woot said:

Ah, it's the old "Everyone in the coalition submit the terms you want and we'll just forward them all along"

All of the terms submitted have been accepted by all the members of the coalition, while others have been rejected.

Proposed terms that give any kind of military, economy or political advantage after this war never passed through this filter.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

All of the terms submitted have been accepted by all the members of the coalition, while others have been rejected.

Proposed terms that give any kind of military, economy or political advantage after this war never passed through this filter.

It's only for six months lol

11 hours ago, Noctis said:

Personally I think it should just be agreed both sides don’t declare new wars after both sides feel they got enough hits in & neither wants to do terms.

Ok, make the case for why it's essentially a draw.  Math says 'no', but let's hear it.

9 hours ago, Woot said:

Ah, it's the old "Everyone in the coalition submit the terms you want and we'll just forward them all along"

Even if that were true, and it isn't, it'd be helpful if the other side made something resembling a serious counter offer, or even showed up in the formal Discord channel for peace talks.  Perhaps there is something going on in some back channel, but so far as I can see, the slaughter will continue for as long as people remain overly optimistic about their position.  I'm comfortable either way.

• Like 1

Guess it's been awhile since some of the people proposing these terms have won a war. They better hope they don't lose one again any time soon. At one point we had some friends on the other side of this one, but that is clearly no longer the case. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Avruch said:

Guess it's been awhile since some of the people proposing these terms have won a war. They better hope they don't lose one again any time soon. At one point we had some friends on the other side of this one, but that is clearly no longer the case. 

I am sure they will be devastated if they have to delete a bot in the future or sign more treaties due to future peace terms. xD

I think having peace terms for the entire coalition is already wrong

For example I can accept some peace terms with the core of the coalition that attacked us, but if you used this chance to hit our protectorates it's another thing

Single alliances should have separate peace terms

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Micchan said:

I think having peace terms for the entire coalition is already wrong

For example I can accept some peace terms with the core of the coalition that attacked us, but if you used this chance to hit our protectorates it's another thing

Single alliances should have separate peace terms

I have the feeling that I've had this sense of deja vu before.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Auctor said:

woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Auctor said:

Wheres my money, punk.

1 hour ago, Avruch said:

These aren't punitive at all lol. Just because your side wants to protect deserters doesn't make everyone else evil. 

11 hours ago, Woot said:

You must remember them well after doing that for our war.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

You must remember them well after doing that for our war.

iirc, Woot was against the idea even then

I don't think it's about wanting to protect VM users, I think it's more about either punishing all of them even on the winning side, or who and how gets to punish their war-dodgers.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, kalev60 said:

I don't think it's about wanting to protect VM users, I think it's more about either punishing all of them even on the winning side, or who and how gets to punish their war-dodgers.

It’s literally why peace talks have stalled.

Knowing that certain terms put a bad taste in your opponent's mouth, them not being necessary to achieving IC goals, and proposing them regardless while in a position of power due to the way the war has turned out (and not due to general superlative command of military or economy) is a good way to set a precedent you really don't want to be setting. A position of power granted due to winning a war isn't so tenable, anyway. Just something to consider.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

For anyone that plays/played CN you already know where terms like this are going to lead.

Welcome to CN 2.0.

Congratulations you morons.

Everyone already knows who won and who lost, punitive terms won't change that nor will white peace.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1