Ripper

Global War Peace Terms - Discussion

1 minute ago, Boofy said:

I can say the same thing... did you or Spectral bother reading the whole of my post before getting triggered over the bot issue?

You can just say no and it'd make literally reiterating his post early in the morning look like a one off and not as if you're a massive try hard trying very hard.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Boofy said:

[1] - get over the trade bot issue as this is a total non issue. You always have had - for years, the ability to make your own trade bot that works the same way. you chose instead to whine and complain... and have numerous times tried to have alex remove it for you because you are too lazy to code your own. 

No thanks :) 

1 hour ago, Boofy said:

[2] - there are way too many alliances involved in this whole peace process... seriously... with so many alliances allowed to have a voice you will NEVER come to consensus. What needs to be done - common sense, is to have the top 2 alliances on both sides do all the negotiations based on what is best for the whole of their side (sphere) not what the demands of each individual alliance on each side wants.

Umm, thats literally how its going. Are you even involved lmao. 

1 hour ago, Boofy said:

[3] Last but not least, there should be a serious call on BOTH sides to have a temporary cease fire while the negotiations are in the critical final stages as they are now. Having those "last minute blitzes" to get the war stats padded is NOT helping the peace process

Once again, in my firm opinion, no thanks :) 

Keep trying harder. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boofy said:

I can say the same thing... did you or Spectral bother reading the whole of my post before getting triggered over the bot issue?

There are many programmers that exist beyond your tiny bubble. Like the ones that coded the war stat website, Rose's automated system, Reqiuems ability to track aars and applicants(I don't forsee trades being much of a stretch for it), and I'm sure there are plenty of other projects I dont know about

The point is, the ability to produce it is there, and yet they have not programmed it. The community seems to believe, for the most part, that this bot is unethical. You di not have to agree with that, but you di need to drop the arrogant persona and acknowledge your bubble is not the only thing in the world capable of anything.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Boofy said:

Trust me, you are wrong. the bot has been a continual complaint of some. Over the years it's been operating, rather than just code (which you claim many CAN do) their own they have numerous ties tried to get Alex to remove it under the very claims you are now saying... they have failed numerous times

Are you the TKR sphere version of noctis? Because you're acting about as intelligent as he is, and that's one of the meanest things I've said this week.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Inst said:

TKR could remain an actual threat through adroit employment of diplomacy

Biggest flaw of your whole argument.

4 hours ago, Boofy said:

I have remained mostly silent during this whole debate but think it's way past time to chime in and lay out some things to common sense:

[1] - get over the trade bot issue as this is a total non issue. You always have had - for years, the ability to make your own trade bot that works the same way. you chose instead to whine and complain... and have numerous times tried to have alex remove it for you because you are too lazy to code your own. 

[2] - there are way too many alliances involved in this whole peace process... seriously... with so many alliances allowed to have a voice you will NEVER come to consensus. What needs to be done - common sense, is to have the top 2 alliances on both sides do all the negotiations based on what is best for the whole of their side (sphere) not what the demands of each individual alliance on each side wants.

[3] Last but not least, there should be a serious call on BOTH sides to have a temporary cease fire while the negotiations are in the critical final stages as they are now. Having those "last minute blitzes" to get the war stats padded is NOT helping the peace process

Just my 2 cents worth is all - I will now go back to being quiet as i have been during this war :)

[1] What your side doesn't seem to realize is that you saying its a non issue doesn't make it one. The mere fact that you want to hold on to it so stubbornly only highlights how much you are stealing from others. If you are choosing to have the bot over all these days of lost income it must be very important.

[2] There are four alliances on each side who can talk? I am not sure what spin your hearing from your government, but the delays are not because of too many voices. You also seem to have no grasp on what a coalition is.

[3] And give you guys a break? Any act of kindness is misconstrued as weakness by your negotiators so nothing of the sort will be done. "Last minute blitzes" affecting the peace process makes it seem equitable, when really people want to hit that loot piñata one last time.

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

Are you the TKR sphere version of noctis? Because you're acting about as intelligent as he is, and that's one of the meanest things I've said this week.

Shhh I want to see more.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Boofy said:

I have remained mostly silent during this whole debate but think it's way past time to chime in and lay out some things to common sense:

Just my 2 cents worth is all - I will now go back to being quiet as i have been during this war :)

1) The losing side is being asked to give it up or keep fighting. They can give it up and then plot and scheme to war parties to get it back. Or just bring it back when they're in a position to defend themselves if attacked over it. 

2) Who are the top alliances involved? I created this coalition but TEst is not large does that mean we don't get a seat at the table in the war we were one of the two main catalysts for? The large part of the terms given by several other contributing alliances are largest cosmetic/post related terms, nothing detrimental to an alliances well-being. Who are you to say someone who fought hard along side a side does not get a voice at the table? Who are you to suggest that 2 alliances get to speak for several whom they may have no ties to? You've never been in a situation where a coalition, not a bloc is fighting I take it, at least in a leadership position. If you had you'd realize how idiotic your sentiment is. 

3) Peace talks have been going for a long time, a cease fire only helps the losing side keep the pressure off of them and gives morale to hold out longer. Why not keep holding out when you're not getting hit? 

You can have a refund on your 2 cents. 

• Upvote 6

I'm more of the view that TKR had a death wish in the run-up to this war. Given the major diplomatic "mistakes", TKR military "incompetence", as well as what I know of certain TKR founders, I wouldn't be surprised if TKR higher gov came to a consensus of "it's either us, or the game. Let's get rolled!" Then there's information given by ex-TKR BK about TKR's traditional diplomatic competence, information by your IQ allies concerning TKR's modus operandi, and what your internal information says about what happened with Vanguard.

From the same logic, TKR would not attempt to immediately reassert its hegemony post-war or in the subsequent war round. But we can't exactly trust them on this, would we? And there's the fact that even if TKR deliberately chose to commit suicide, SynDIQ is at an obligation to make sure it's killed, in the sense of whether TKR continues to be hegemonic ceases to be TKR's choice.

4 minutes ago, Inst said:

I'm more of the view that TKR had a death wish in the run-up to this war. Given the major diplomatic "mistakes", TKR military "incompetence", as well as what I know of certain TKR founders, I wouldn't be surprised if TKR higher gov came to a consensus of "it's either us, or the game. Let's get rolled!" Then there's information given by ex-TKR BK about TKR's traditional diplomatic competence, information by your IQ allies concerning TKR's modus operandi, and what your internal information says about what happened with Vanguard.

From the same logic, TKR would not attempt to immediately reassert its hegemony post-war or in the subsequent war round. But we can't exactly trust them on this, would we? And there's the fact that even if TKR deliberately chose to commit suicide, SynDIQ is at an obligation to make sure it's killed, in the sense of whether TKR continues to be hegemonic ceases to be TKR's choice.

I find it funny how people talk about the TKR military incompetence. 

Yet they don't see that a good portion of the alliances who opposed TKR are worse than them...
Interesting.... but that's just food for thought. 

• Upvote 2

People who know what "incompetence" means know what "incompetence" means (i.e, being deliberately bad). That said, IQ has a habit of throwing garbage alliances in to serve as bait. Or we can point to the fact that Pantheonsphere, in the whole, is a joke.

Also, I want to point out that TKR-sphere has held out for 92 days, or 3 months. Congratulations to TKR! And FYI, another 65 days before TKR overtakes Rose at the present damage rate.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Inst said:

People who know what "incompetence" means know what "incompetence" means (i.e, being deliberately bad). That said, IQ has a habit of throwing garbage alliances in to serve as bait. Or we can point to the fact that Pantheonsphere, in the whole, is a joke.

Incompetence means being deliberately bad? Pretty sure intent has nothing to do with it.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Inst said:

Its laughable that you mention TKR's perceived "stranglehold" on the game when IQ is now in a position to far exceed that. I don't know how you judge Military Incompetence when TKR has weathered the brunt of this mass assault and still come out on top with positive net damage and a total damage dealt amount larger than Rose, BK and t$'s combined. Sure TKR has been hurt a lot and it will most likely not be in any sort of hegemonic position for awhile, but to think TKR has "committed suicide" is rubbish and shows you don't know what your talking about. SynDIQ isn't a power bloc, and its likely those two will be the next to square up after Knightfall, but we'll see.

EDIT: An yes before anyone says anything I understand that tCW isn't exactly the strongest in our sphere. But at least this war has given us a chance to do some summertime cleaning and trimming of the fat. 

Edited by Sphinx
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Its laughable that you mention TKR's perceived "stranglehold" on the game when IQ is now in a position to far exceed that. I don't know how you judge Military Incompetence when TKR has weathered the brunt of this mass assault and still come out on top with positive net damage and a total damage dealt amount larger than Rose, BK and t$'s combined. Sure TKR has been hurt a lot and it will most likely not be in any sort of hegemonic position for awhile, but to think TKR has "committed suicide" is rubbish and shows you don't know what your talking about. SynDIQ isn't a power bloc, and its likely those two will be the next to square up after Knightfall, but we'll see.

EDIT: An yes before anyone says anything I understand that tCW isn't exactly the strongest in our sphere. But at least this war has given us a chance to do some summertime cleaning and trimming of the fat. 

No, they are committing suicide at this rate. "Lol they damage numbers" is not a valid argument when one remembers they have like 30 alliances to take shots at while the other side has like... 6?

In light of that basic fact their damage numbers don't really reflect much of anything. Those numbers don't suddenly mean TKR isn't being choked out and refusing to tap.

So, yes, your entire sphere actually is doing the equivalent of seppuku, killing yourselves over what is comparatively nothing. 

You've hurt yourselves so much at this point to become effectively irrelevant for months. You might have noticed some people already treating you that way. Most of the game expects TCW to die and probably half of them think you'll have lost your tiering edge on syndisphere when the time for that comes.

So please, explain how at this point the continued pride and stubbornness is akin to anything less than, at best, a failed suicide attempt that leaves one crippled for the rest of their life. Cause that's all anyone not from your side sees, enemies and neutrals alike.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Trimmed some fat?  Buddy I think you may have done more than that at this point. 

Image result for broken bones skeleton examples

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

Trimmed some fat?  Buddy I think you may have done more than that at this point. 

Image result for broken bones skeleton examples

Tbh, they still have a good portion of people who aren't fighting back. I would count them as fat. A different kind of fat.

• Upvote 1

The point of having committed suicide refers to common consensus about TKR diplomatic "errors" in the run-up to the war; i.e, DDR, the hit on nuke bloc, etc.

As for emergent IQ hegemony, my point of view is that NPO hegemonies are more fun to break up than they are to forestall. The game has been attempting to "stop" an NPO hegemony for almost the entirety of its history. The end effect is that the traditional baby eaters have slowly become cute and cuddly for their resistance and persistence. People seem to have this odd notion that NPO hegs destroy games, but it's confusing correlation with causation. NPO hegs tend to take over in dead games; i.e, no one is left to resist them, so they just sit on the corpse until it rots away. But NPO hegs also establish themselves in live games, and these hegs, from my memory, are rather fun to tear apart given the time and effort needed to do so.

Moreover, while this war, your sphere was barely taken down by combined efforts of almost the entire game, the "Thin Roq Line" is actually extremely vulnerable; it can be sandwiched between Syndisphere launching attacks from above and Pantheonsphere (this is a term due to tier control) launching attacks from below. Your sphere was mostly updeclared against, whereas the "Thin Roq Line" is down-declarable.

As for TKR-fat, TKR's actual fat are people who've left the game or gone inactive. It's reasonable for TKR et al to rotate combatants in for tours of duty, then let them go temporarily inactive, but continue to log in, during a long war. TKR has essentially sat at 97 members out of VM since Jan 1, so it appears as though SynDIQ is dealing more damage through attrited warchest (250m a day) than through member losses).

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Apeman said:

Someone say nuke bloc?

Get em Apeman. Don't let them dishonor Nuke Bloc.

Or maybe he's not launching offensive attacks at raidables, and while capable of building military to turtle up, is not actually capable of the activity needed to be able to profit this war.

On 1/22/2019 at 7:40 PM, SexDrugsAlcohol said:

No he too has legit real life reasons to go to VM Or so i heard.

As did Felkey...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Justin076 said:

TKR/TCW, swallow your pride and accept terms because you’ve been clearly beat. 

Noooo, don't say that out loud, you are only going to strengthen their resolve!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Justin076 said:

Going on February and this war from October still ongoing? What a fricking pathetic disgrace all sides of this war are. Like seriously? Four fricking months? This is setting a terrible precedent for the future of this game. People talking about this game getting a second life but holy shit this is probably the lowest of all time. People who complained about a 6 month nap, well how about one side of a global sitting on the other for four months. IQ/Syndi(not all of Syndi cause I know some want out) suck a dick. TKR/TCW, swallow your pride and accept terms because you’ve been clearly beat. 

*waits for movement from bobber, places rod in holder and cracks a beer*

Let them hit the 100 day mark first, just 3 more days. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Justin076 said:

Going on February and this war from October still ongoing? What a fricking pathetic disgrace all sides of this war are. Like seriously? Four fricking months? This is setting a terrible precedent for the future of this game. People talking about this game getting a second life but holy shit this is probably the lowest of all time. People who complained about a 6 month nap, well how about one side of a global sitting on the other for four months. IQ/Syndi(not all of Syndi cause I know some want out) suck a dick. TKR/TCW, swallow your pride and accept terms because you’ve been clearly beat. 

*waits for movement from bobber, places rod in holder and cracks a beer*

Somebody pay this man. He's the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

• Like 2