Global War Peace Terms - Discussion

Ripper

I'm more of the view that TKR had a death wish in the run-up to this war. Given the major diplomatic "mistakes", TKR military "incompetence", as well as what I know of certain TKR founders, I wouldn't be surprised if TKR higher gov came to a consensus of "it's either us, or the game. Let's get rolled!" Then there's information given by ex-TKR BK about TKR's traditional diplomatic competence, information by your IQ allies concerning TKR's modus operandi, and what your internal information says about what happened with Vanguard.

From the same logic, TKR would not attempt to immediately reassert its hegemony post-war or in the subsequent war round. But we can't exactly trust them on this, would we? And there's the fact that even if TKR deliberately chose to commit suicide, SynDIQ is at an obligation to make sure it's killed, in the sense of whether TKR continues to be hegemonic ceases to be TKR's choice.

4 minutes ago, Inst said:

I'm more of the view that TKR had a death wish in the run-up to this war. Given the major diplomatic "mistakes", TKR military "incompetence", as well as what I know of certain TKR founders, I wouldn't be surprised if TKR higher gov came to a consensus of "it's either us, or the game. Let's get rolled!" Then there's information given by ex-TKR BK about TKR's traditional diplomatic competence, information by your IQ allies concerning TKR's modus operandi, and what your internal information says about what happened with Vanguard.

From the same logic, TKR would not attempt to immediately reassert its hegemony post-war or in the subsequent war round. But we can't exactly trust them on this, would we? And there's the fact that even if TKR deliberately chose to commit suicide, SynDIQ is at an obligation to make sure it's killed, in the sense of whether TKR continues to be hegemonic ceases to be TKR's choice.

I find it funny how people talk about the TKR military incompetence. 

Yet they don't see that a good portion of the alliances who opposed TKR are worse than them...
Interesting.... but that's just food for thought. 

• Upvote 2

People who know what "incompetence" means know what "incompetence" means (i.e, being deliberately bad). That said, IQ has a habit of throwing garbage alliances in to serve as bait. Or we can point to the fact that Pantheonsphere, in the whole, is a joke.

Also, I want to point out that TKR-sphere has held out for 92 days, or 3 months. Congratulations to TKR! And FYI, another 65 days before TKR overtakes Rose at the present damage rate.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Inst said:

People who know what "incompetence" means know what "incompetence" means (i.e, being deliberately bad). That said, IQ has a habit of throwing garbage alliances in to serve as bait. Or we can point to the fact that Pantheonsphere, in the whole, is a joke.

Incompetence means being deliberately bad? Pretty sure intent has nothing to do with it.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Inst said:

Its laughable that you mention TKR's perceived "stranglehold" on the game when IQ is now in a position to far exceed that. I don't know how you judge Military Incompetence when TKR has weathered the brunt of this mass assault and still come out on top with positive net damage and a total damage dealt amount larger than Rose, BK and t$'s combined. Sure TKR has been hurt a lot and it will most likely not be in any sort of hegemonic position for awhile, but to think TKR has "committed suicide" is rubbish and shows you don't know what your talking about. SynDIQ isn't a power bloc, and its likely those two will be the next to square up after Knightfall, but we'll see.

EDIT: An yes before anyone says anything I understand that tCW isn't exactly the strongest in our sphere. But at least this war has given us a chance to do some summertime cleaning and trimming of the fat. 

Edited by Sphinx
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Its laughable that you mention TKR's perceived "stranglehold" on the game when IQ is now in a position to far exceed that. I don't know how you judge Military Incompetence when TKR has weathered the brunt of this mass assault and still come out on top with positive net damage and a total damage dealt amount larger than Rose, BK and t$'s combined. Sure TKR has been hurt a lot and it will most likely not be in any sort of hegemonic position for awhile, but to think TKR has "committed suicide" is rubbish and shows you don't know what your talking about. SynDIQ isn't a power bloc, and its likely those two will be the next to square up after Knightfall, but we'll see.

EDIT: An yes before anyone says anything I understand that tCW isn't exactly the strongest in our sphere. But at least this war has given us a chance to do some summertime cleaning and trimming of the fat. 

No, they are committing suicide at this rate. "Lol they damage numbers" is not a valid argument when one remembers they have like 30 alliances to take shots at while the other side has like... 6?

In light of that basic fact their damage numbers don't really reflect much of anything. Those numbers don't suddenly mean TKR isn't being choked out and refusing to tap.

So, yes, your entire sphere actually is doing the equivalent of seppuku, killing yourselves over what is comparatively nothing. 

You've hurt yourselves so much at this point to become effectively irrelevant for months. You might have noticed some people already treating you that way. Most of the game expects TCW to die and probably half of them think you'll have lost your tiering edge on syndisphere when the time for that comes.

So please, explain how at this point the continued pride and stubbornness is akin to anything less than, at best, a failed suicide attempt that leaves one crippled for the rest of their life. Cause that's all anyone not from your side sees, enemies and neutrals alike.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Trimmed some fat?  Buddy I think you may have done more than that at this point. 

Image result for broken bones skeleton examples

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

Trimmed some fat?  Buddy I think you may have done more than that at this point. 

Image result for broken bones skeleton examples

Tbh, they still have a good portion of people who aren't fighting back. I would count them as fat. A different kind of fat.

• Upvote 1

The point of having committed suicide refers to common consensus about TKR diplomatic "errors" in the run-up to the war; i.e, DDR, the hit on nuke bloc, etc.

As for emergent IQ hegemony, my point of view is that NPO hegemonies are more fun to break up than they are to forestall. The game has been attempting to "stop" an NPO hegemony for almost the entirety of its history. The end effect is that the traditional baby eaters have slowly become cute and cuddly for their resistance and persistence. People seem to have this odd notion that NPO hegs destroy games, but it's confusing correlation with causation. NPO hegs tend to take over in dead games; i.e, no one is left to resist them, so they just sit on the corpse until it rots away. But NPO hegs also establish themselves in live games, and these hegs, from my memory, are rather fun to tear apart given the time and effort needed to do so.

Moreover, while this war, your sphere was barely taken down by combined efforts of almost the entire game, the "Thin Roq Line" is actually extremely vulnerable; it can be sandwiched between Syndisphere launching attacks from above and Pantheonsphere (this is a term due to tier control) launching attacks from below. Your sphere was mostly updeclared against, whereas the "Thin Roq Line" is down-declarable.

As for TKR-fat, TKR's actual fat are people who've left the game or gone inactive. It's reasonable for TKR et al to rotate combatants in for tours of duty, then let them go temporarily inactive, but continue to log in, during a long war. TKR has essentially sat at 97 members out of VM since Jan 1, so it appears as though SynDIQ is dealing more damage through attrited warchest (250m a day) than through member losses).

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Justin076 said:

TKR/TCW, swallow your pride and accept terms because you’ve been clearly beat. 

Noooo, don't say that out loud, you are only going to strengthen their resolve!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Justin076 said:

Going on February and this war from October still ongoing? What a fricking pathetic disgrace all sides of this war are. Like seriously? Four fricking months? This is setting a terrible precedent for the future of this game. People talking about this game getting a second life but holy shit this is probably the lowest of all time. People who complained about a 6 month nap, well how about one side of a global sitting on the other for four months. IQ/Syndi(not all of Syndi cause I know some want out) suck a dick. TKR/TCW, swallow your pride and accept terms because you’ve been clearly beat. 

*waits for movement from bobber, places rod in holder and cracks a beer*

Let them hit the 100 day mark first, just 3 more days. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Justin076 said:

Going on February and this war from October still ongoing? What a fricking pathetic disgrace all sides of this war are. Like seriously? Four fricking months? This is setting a terrible precedent for the future of this game. People talking about this game getting a second life but holy shit this is probably the lowest of all time. People who complained about a 6 month nap, well how about one side of a global sitting on the other for four months. IQ/Syndi(not all of Syndi cause I know some want out) suck a dick. TKR/TCW, swallow your pride and accept terms because you’ve been clearly beat. 

Somebody pay this man. He's the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Justin076 said:

(OOC)

This is why I'm almost always in favor of settling things with white peace or just an admission of defeat.  Terms usually lead to standoffs where the terms themselves aren't really significant or a major issue, but neither side wants to back down because they'd lose face.  It extends wars well past the point where it is fun for most people and ends up driving players from the game who get sick of it.  As someone who has been on both sides, it is tedious for both sides.  For the first year or two of this game white peace/admissions of defeat were generally the norm, we should go back to that.  Shorter, more frequent wars are a lot more fun and interesting.

(/OOC)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4
GnWq7CW.png

4 hours ago, Azaghul said:

(OOC)

This is why I'm almost always in favor of settling things with white peace or just an admission of defeat.  Terms usually lead to standoffs where the terms themselves aren't really significant or a major issue, but neither side wants to back down because they'd lose face.  It extends wars well past the point where it is fun for most people and ends up driving players from the game who get sick of it.  As someone who has been on both sides, it is tedious for both sides.  For the first year or two of this game white peace/admissions of defeat were generally the norm, we should go back to that.  Shorter, more frequent wars are a lot more fun and interesting.

(/OOC)

What's more interesting is more drama and chaos to fuel it. You don't get any of that with bone-headed brats who refuse to admit they lost at checkers.

Everybody tiptoes around afraid to lose at checkers. I'm preparing to intentionally lose at checkers just so I can do it in an interesting way. 

Stop being afraid to lose, to accept losing, stop literally sawing your own arm off just to lose s little less of your pride and feelings right now instead of sucking it up and playing actual politics by planning and striking revenge at your leisure. 

Stop protecting everything that breathes and speaks enough English to ask. Stop forming these groups that require most of the game to effectively break down. 

Everyone is at fault, everyone claims to be virtuous but you're all sinners and posers. Even myself, until a day comes I have the ability to really prove otherwise. 

Get a head start on me and prove yourselves sooner not later.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"bone-headed" "stupid"

From a channel somewhere, unnamed, from a person also unnamed. It's more fun because the code bugged out.

why do you even care										I don't understand why any of you care about these shit games																I feel like you need to be somewhere on the autism spectrum to play these nation simulators																					oh no this guy said something mean to someone with a fake government rank about me																				let's get revenge																I have no life and can be on here 24/7 so I deserve to have a status of importance
Edited by A Boy Named Crow