Global War Peace Terms - Discussion

Ripper

13 minutes ago, Inst said:

I wouldn't be surprised if peace talks were called off again because Adrienne didn't have her coffee or Yui was complaining that the treaty text wasn't in purple at this rate. The update after this update, we'll officially hit 3 months of war. Much admiration and respect for TKR-sphere to holding out this long.

to be fair, having to deal with a lot of you people without the proper amount of coffee is a pretty tough ask. 

• Upvote 4

STFU

25 minutes ago, Dad said:

I hope it keeps going so Coalition B can buy me a third extra city.

The real tragedy of this war is NPO nations using EMC funds to buy their own cities and ruining Roq's tiering scheme

• Upvote 6

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

4 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Hey, I'd call off peace negotiations without my coffee too.

Then its settled this war will not end until alex gives everyone a cup of coffee

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Akuryo said:

I've also heard that sections of Coalition B are starting to believe this is a war of extermination against them.

So yanno, you might wanna do something if that's not the case. :P

I mean they know exactly what they have to do to get peace. No extermination here, it's all laid out for them.

3 hours ago, Malal said:

The real tragedy of this war is NPO nations using EMC funds to buy their own cities and ruining Roq's tiering scheme

EMC funds obtained from raiding Acadia, Pantheon and UPN, so really just another sneaky way for Roq to leech off his allies, nothing new there.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

I mean they know exactly what they have to do to get peace. No extermination here, it's all laid out for them.

Having now seen even TFPs terms, the only way that concern fits is if the agenda is to make Radiantsphere consent to it's own annihilation by playing off it's stubborn pride. 

Which just sounds like it's time to start being intelligent and not prideful.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Having now seen even TFPs terms, the only way that concern fits is if the agenda is to make Radiantsphere consent to it's own annihilation by playing off it's stubborn pride. 

Which just sounds like it's time to start being intelligent and not prideful.

I'm not sure if you are saying they should or shouldn't surrender here...

16 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

I'm not sure if you are saying they should or shouldn't surrender here...

That depends on if one wants them to self destruct or not. Since their self destructing inconveniences me I'd prefer they take it and move on already.

It made sense for SynDIQ to run two wars on TKR-sphere at the outset of the war. TKR-sphere purportedly had massive access to capital, and would have been able to rebuild almost painlessly post-war. Where TKR-sphere ruined things was by refusing to acknowledge a losing war and end this fight quickly. As damage piled on, it meant that going after TKR was no longer reasonable for SynDIQ because TKR-sphere was neutering its status as a threat.

However, the problem is, it's not a simple "threat/non-threat" binary for SynDIQ. Even if TKR-sphere dropped below the point where it'd justify a rehit, given actual and potential rifts in the SynDIQ coalition, TKR could remain an actual threat through adroit employment of diplomacy; i.e, TKR-sphere could rip assets out of SynDIQ and arrange a situation, under cover of a planned SynDIQ civil war, to reestablish its hegemony by hitting SynDIQ instead.

At some point, the political will for SynDIQ to launch another attack at TKR-sphere will go. Then TKR-sphere will attempt to surrender. But TKR-sphere is not properly neutralized by SynDIQ's standards and would continue to pose a threat, albeit not one that could be engaged in a future war. So then it actually makes sense for SynDIQ to continue the war until TKR-sphere is properly neutralized, even if TKR-sphere were to attempt to surrender to all the terms SynDIQ proposed.

Besides, for all the BS TKR-sphere has put SynDIQ leadership and negotiation team through, the war can't be over when TKR-sphere says it's over. SynDIQ still has to extract its pound of flesh for the "negotiations".

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1

I have remained mostly silent during this whole debate but think it's way past time to chime in and lay out some things to common sense:

[1] - get over the trade bot issue as this is a total non issue. You always have had - for years, the ability to make your own trade bot that works the same way. you chose instead to whine and complain... and have numerous times tried to have alex remove it for you because you are too lazy to code your own. 

[2] - there are way too many alliances involved in this whole peace process... seriously... with so many alliances allowed to have a voice you will NEVER come to consensus. What needs to be done - common sense, is to have the top 2 alliances on both sides do all the negotiations based on what is best for the whole of their side (sphere) not what the demands of each individual alliance on each side wants.

[3] Last but not least, there should be a serious call on BOTH sides to have a temporary cease fire while the negotiations are in the critical final stages as they are now. Having those "last minute blitzes" to get the war stats padded is NOT helping the peace process

Just my 2 cents worth is all - I will now go back to being quiet as i have been during this war :)

Edited by Boofy
  • Upvote 4

The problem with the bot is not people's ability to code it, but its existance. I assure you there are plenty here with the ability to do so. Its considered unethical to the coalition, and thus here they are in the negotiations. It's up to your side to negotiate that term away if it's such a critical component.

Edited by Spectral
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Spectral said:

The problem with the bot is not people's ability to code it, but its existance. I assure you there are plenty here with the ability to do so. Its considered unethical to the coalition, and thus here they are in the negotiations. It's up to your side to negotiate that term away if it's such a critical component.

Trust me, you are wrong. the bot has been a continual complaint of some. Over the years it's been operating, rather than just code (which you claim many CAN do) their own they have numerous ties tried to get Alex to remove it under the very claims you are now saying... they have failed numerous times

1 minute ago, Boofy said:

Trust me, you are wrong. the bot has been a continual complaint of some. Over the years it's been operating, rather than just code (which you claim many CAN do) their own they have numerous ties tried to get Alex to remove it under the very claims you are now saying... they have failed numerous times

Did you read the post before hitting reply or just respond to one you wish had been posted?

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Auctor said:

Did you read the post before hitting reply or just respond to one you wish had been posted?

I can say the same thing... did you or Spectral bother reading the whole of my post before getting triggered over the bot issue?

1 minute ago, Boofy said:

I can say the same thing... did you or Spectral bother reading the whole of my post before getting triggered over the bot issue?

You can just say no and it'd make literally reiterating his post early in the morning look like a one off and not as if you're a massive try hard trying very hard.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Boofy said:

[1] - get over the trade bot issue as this is a total non issue. You always have had - for years, the ability to make your own trade bot that works the same way. you chose instead to whine and complain... and have numerous times tried to have alex remove it for you because you are too lazy to code your own. 

No thanks :) 

1 hour ago, Boofy said:

[2] - there are way too many alliances involved in this whole peace process... seriously... with so many alliances allowed to have a voice you will NEVER come to consensus. What needs to be done - common sense, is to have the top 2 alliances on both sides do all the negotiations based on what is best for the whole of their side (sphere) not what the demands of each individual alliance on each side wants.

Umm, thats literally how its going. Are you even involved lmao. 

1 hour ago, Boofy said:

[3] Last but not least, there should be a serious call on BOTH sides to have a temporary cease fire while the negotiations are in the critical final stages as they are now. Having those "last minute blitzes" to get the war stats padded is NOT helping the peace process

Once again, in my firm opinion, no thanks :) 

Keep trying harder. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boofy said:

There are many programmers that exist beyond your tiny bubble. Like the ones that coded the war stat website, Rose's automated system, Reqiuems ability to track aars and applicants(I don't forsee trades being much of a stretch for it), and I'm sure there are plenty of other projects I dont know about

The point is, the ability to produce it is there, and yet they have not programmed it. The community seems to believe, for the most part, that this bot is unethical. You di not have to agree with that, but you di need to drop the arrogant persona and acknowledge your bubble is not the only thing in the world capable of anything.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Boofy said:

Are you the TKR sphere version of noctis? Because you're acting about as intelligent as he is, and that's one of the meanest things I've said this week.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Inst said:

TKR could remain an actual threat through adroit employment of diplomacy

Biggest flaw of your whole argument.

4 hours ago, Boofy said:

I have remained mostly silent during this whole debate but think it's way past time to chime in and lay out some things to common sense:

Just my 2 cents worth is all - I will now go back to being quiet as i have been during this war :)

[1] What your side doesn't seem to realize is that you saying its a non issue doesn't make it one. The mere fact that you want to hold on to it so stubbornly only highlights how much you are stealing from others. If you are choosing to have the bot over all these days of lost income it must be very important.

[2] There are four alliances on each side who can talk? I am not sure what spin your hearing from your government, but the delays are not because of too many voices. You also seem to have no grasp on what a coalition is.

[3] And give you guys a break? Any act of kindness is misconstrued as weakness by your negotiators so nothing of the sort will be done. "Last minute blitzes" affecting the peace process makes it seem equitable, when really people want to hit that loot piñata one last time.

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

Are you the TKR sphere version of noctis? Because you're acting about as intelligent as he is, and that's one of the meanest things I've said this week.

Shhh I want to see more.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Boofy said:

1) The losing side is being asked to give it up or keep fighting. They can give it up and then plot and scheme to war parties to get it back. Or just bring it back when they're in a position to defend themselves if attacked over it. 

2) Who are the top alliances involved? I created this coalition but TEst is not large does that mean we don't get a seat at the table in the war we were one of the two main catalysts for? The large part of the terms given by several other contributing alliances are largest cosmetic/post related terms, nothing detrimental to an alliances well-being. Who are you to say someone who fought hard along side a side does not get a voice at the table? Who are you to suggest that 2 alliances get to speak for several whom they may have no ties to? You've never been in a situation where a coalition, not a bloc is fighting I take it, at least in a leadership position. If you had you'd realize how idiotic your sentiment is. 

3) Peace talks have been going for a long time, a cease fire only helps the losing side keep the pressure off of them and gives morale to hold out longer. Why not keep holding out when you're not getting hit? 

You can have a refund on your 2 cents. 

• Upvote 6

scSqPGJ.gif