Global War Peace Terms - Discussion

Ripper

1 hour ago, Inst said:

@The Mad Titan

This is only a suspicion, but part of the point of dragging out these war negotiations is to make sure everyone knows that declaring war on TKR-sphere is a pain in the ass; even if you win, you will be stuck fighting an Arrgh-type or VietTKR war for months after substantial combat operations are over, all while taking nukes.

A "suspicion"? I thought it went without saying that that's everyone's calculation. When was the last time a war ended within a week of the point where the winning and losing sides were clearly established? That's not rhetorical; I really want to know if that's ever happened.

I assume congrats to both sides are in order. Thanks for the quick replies ripper and inst. In my opinion the people whom are left fighting a long drawn out war are the real winners here. Zi really inst that bad. Did commonwealth lose a member the pantheon? Duck bay needs a slap, just saying. Who jumps sides to the victor and gets accepted?

Edited by Apeman
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Hey @Oppilan, didn’t you talk shit about us during the 69 Day War?

You should use those strong military tactics you criticized us with.  After you work on activity that is.

@Prefontaine - I figured Tesla would be a deadbeat Protectorate.  Not sure why players make these AAs and just roll over.  Basically just trying to cash in on TKR covering their asses.

Not sure who’s worse, Tesla or AK (A Protectorate hiding behind Syndicate/Black Knights and declaring war).

Edited by Buorhann

8 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Hey @Oppilan, didn’t you talk shit about us during the 69 Day War?

You should use those strong military tactics you criticized us with.  After you work on activity that is.

@Prefontaine - I figured Tesla would be a deadbeat Protectorate.  Not sure why players make these AAs and just roll over.  Basically just trying to cash in on TKR covering their asses.

Not sure who’s worse, Tesla or AK (A Protectorate hiding behind Syndicate/Black Knights and declaring war).

Tesla is the best example of EMC. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Quite curious that all of them stopped playing between the 4th and 7th of november.

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

15 hours ago, Divinum said:

A "suspicion"? I thought it went without saying that that's everyone's calculation. When was the last time a war ended within a week of the point where the winning and losing sides were clearly established? That's not rhetorical; I really want to know if that's ever happened.

16 hours ago, Inst said:

This is only a suspicion, but part of the point of dragging out these war negotiations is to make sure everyone knows that declaring war on TKR-sphere is a pain in the ass; even if you win, you will be stuck fighting an Arrgh-type or VietTKR war for months after substantial combat operations are over, all while taking nukes.

Yea but it’s not really a pain in the ass like IQ or Arrgh is. A Vietnam scenario implies you aren’t seeing progress, which is untrue in this scenario. 

There is a fundamental misunderstanding of guerilla warfare. This isn’t IQ where they have a safe zone, or Arrgh who doesn’t care. It would be different if there 130 members all active and nuking. Instead there are maybe 30-40 of the entirety of EMC doing anything. They aren’t deincentizing anything with their current performance. 

1 hour ago, The Mad Titan said:

Yea but it’s not really a pain in the ass like IQ or Arrgh is. A Vietnam scenario implies you aren’t seeing progress, which is untrue in this scenario. 

There is a fundamental misunderstanding of guerilla warfare. This isn’t IQ where they have a safe zone, or Arrgh who doesn’t care. It would be different if there 130 members all active and nuking. Instead there are maybe 30-40 of the entirety of EMC doing anything. They aren’t deincentizing anything with their current performance. 

I didn't say they were competently acting out of spite.

@The Mad Titan

I'd disagree. The Tesla suicide on CoS and TEst was substantial in terms of damage dealt, although the entire alliance migrating to another game meant that damage taken  was unacceptable. Then there was the part where Syndisphere kept on complaining about having no slots available. Then there's the war negotiations which seem to be heavily stalled. There's the BK nation that keeps on rebuying to 3k infra after getting nuked, while Buffalo NY is getting nuke rogued by Guardian for over 100mn a successful nuke hit. And there's the fact that TKR has a reasonable chance of reaching rank 1 in war stats over the next month or two.

I'm not saying that hitting TKR-sphere is physically "impossible" or that they're somehow winning this war, but they're doing their best to make this war as irritating as possible.

And in reality, if you look up guerrilla warfare in real life, it's typically just a more sophisticated form of human wave attacks; guerrillas usually end up taking massive civilian and military casualties, with around 10x the "home" side dying per enemy combatant killed. The Vietnamese, for instance, were never actually winning at any stage of the war before the Americans pulled out. Instead, as Giap said, the Americans got tired of killing them before the Vietnamese got tired of dying.

The question, ultimately, is the capability for endurance. The level of endurance TKR-sphere is showing is that it'd take at least another 3-4 weeks (3 months) before TKR breaks and that there's a good chance they can hold out to 4 months or more.

• Upvote 2

Do you even know what nuke roguing actually is. You don't seem to. Okay so if i leave my AA and start nuking high infra losers, like these sub 20 city guys with 3k, that's nuke roguing. Now if I do it from my alliance or to an alliance I'm at war with, that's called attacking an alliance im at war with.

3-4 weeks does not, infact, equal 3 months. Even if it did, who cares? Radiantsphere already admits the damage done to it has been extreme and that they've been stunted severely. They do it for 4 more months, so what? They'll never match the harm done to them. Even if they exceed syndiq in dealt damage it won't be equal, there's like 25 syndiq AAs.

All they'll have done is cause so much mind boggling self harm that by the time the next global after that happens, they'd still be in the early stages of recovery and momentum gain. And that's assuming the next global warming after that is 6-9 months later, or 13 months from now. 

At that point, they'd be better off disbanding, right now, and just diaspora to other alliances, or create new ones.

That's literally what everyone has been saying, inst. Nobody gives a flying down syndrome hogs shit what their intent is or if they can do it or not. If I threaten to cut my own off if the baker doesn't give me a higher discount he isn't going to care. I'm the one losing out, he just has to get his 17 year old backroom employee to clean the blood.

Thus, to reiterate again, there is no point to this. The only thing left to prove is how stubborn you are to accept reality and face the Slayer. In the end, he runs faster, and he always will. Just because you kept running even when your tendons snapped won't make him take your soul to hell more gently LMAO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Akuryo, the best possible response to you is a chuckle.

And yes, people do give a shit whether or not TKR peaces out given the massive huffing and puffing shown on this forum. And what's with that rumor that TKR-sphere is funding you?

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Inst said:

Akuryo, the best possible response to you is a chuckle.

And yes, people do give a shit whether or not TKR peaces out. And what's with that rumor that TKR-sphere is funding you?

The best possible response is for you to stop talking, honestly. You keep the saying shit over and over, but TKR already proved the last point worth proving, that it would go for as long as TGH/KT. 

Right now I'm only funded by individuals who have shown interest. Various parties at war on both sides also have interest. Not sure why this matters? Is it somehow controversial for people to look into investment opportunities? Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As I've mentioned before, this is a perfectly good reason to keep on talking, because it annoys you. Likewise, this is a good reason for TKR to keep fighting, because it annoys SynDIQ.

As far as funding goes, the rumor is that gov members in TKR-sphere are funding you. What gives, Akuryo?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The people commenting on the war stats and how SK is trash cus the stats are negative can...grow up? I'm not going to go into great detail because you can look yourself, but out of our 30+ members, if you subtracted the four who took the most damage, we'd be net positive. So, while that doesn't take away from the fact that combined we are "losing" (which isn't true), it doesn't tell the whole story. In fact, it neglects most everything that has happened this war. From what I know, our coalition is relatively happy with our performance, and while it wasn't amazing (our members play this game much more casually than CoS or TEst), we showed up and did what we had to do. 

But, we don't have to justify anything to anyone. Bye ? 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Inst said:

As I've mentioned before, this is a perfectly good reason to keep on talking, because it annoys you. Likewise, this is a good reason for TKR to keep fighting, because it annoys SynDIQ.

As far as funding goes, the rumor is that gov members in TKR-sphere are funding you. What gives, Akuryo?

That is unfortunately not how logic works. When annoying me has no penalty and is amusing, my sister continues. When doing so incurrs one's head being smacked into the car window, it is suddenly no longer very worth it.

The only person currently prohibited from investing is you, and that's because you don't have money. Come back when you have acquired shekels to give me. :V

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Inst said:

Why do you care who funds Aku? 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Inst said:

Well, if you're familiar with Dunning-Krueger, people who don't know don't know that they don't know. From your perspective, this applies to me. From others perspective, this may apply to you.

Fine, fine. ISIS launders through Costco to fund me. There you happy now?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2