Global War Peace Terms - Discussion

Ripper

3 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

At this point they've taken all the damage they possibly can; anyone that's still there now is probably going to stay even if the war drags on for another full year. Also getting an even split on the yes/no doesn't prove your point at all; if anything it shows that their membership actually are willing to stick it out. I'm just as surprised as you are, tbh.

We can keep chasing them down by dumping mil or something, declaring, and then buying back. As I said, we can wait. :)

GICjEwp.gif

13 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

We can keep chasing them down by dumping mil or something, declaring, and then buying back. As I said, we can wait. :)

I'm not sure you understand. 

TKR cannot be hurt from here on out unless they do something stupid. 

Your side on the other hand, has plenty of 2k+ infra. 

28 minutes ago, TheRebelMan said:

I'm not sure you understand. 

TKR cannot be hurt from here on out unless they do something stupid. 

Your side on the other hand, has plenty of 2k+ infra. 

There are opportunity costs. Every day the war goes on is a day they take a net loss and don't rebuild, while the alliances they're fighting are in the black.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Divinum said:

There are opportunity costs. Every day the war goes on is a day they take a net loss and don't rebuild, while the alliances they're fighting are in the black.

Every day the war goes on, they don't benefit. 

But they also make sure that their opponents dont either. Or limit it at least. 

4 minutes ago, TheRebelMan said:

The IQ side is quite nicely in the black as of a second ago when I checked. I don't have data on Evil, Inc.

GICjEwp.gif

3 minutes ago, TheRebelMan said:

They have the stats running again? 

Well several of them are straight command economies which is an easy measurement. BK isn't command, but collect the data needed to make such a determination.  You start gathering those and those of the rest of the coalition and there's enough of a buffer to say that.

GICjEwp.gif

4 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

Well several of them are straight command economies which is an easy measurement. BK isn't command, but collect the data needed to make such a determination.  You start gathering those and those of the rest of the coalition and there's enough of a buffer to say that.

Yeah, e$ is running a solid profit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheRebelMan said:

>implying that mitigating the progress of one side is worth intentionally keeping your own grinded to a halt.

No, no it is not. That is not how math works.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

>implying that mitigating the progress of one side is worth intentionally keeping your own grinded to a halt.

No, no it is not. That is not how math works.

Different people have different priorities. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheRebelMan said:

Different people have different priorities. 

Their priorities are irrelevant. They gain nothing from this, because the other side simply does not care about their stubborness or their intent to get better terms by dragging this out until the other capitulates from boredom.

Ironically, dragging it out is actually giving their enemies more of they want. It's making the scars left by the war last that much longer and that much deeper, as the other side continues to catch up. Slower than at peace? Of course, but its well worth it when your opponent is stopped completely. 

• Downvote 1

On 12/24/2018 at 3:31 AM, The Mad Titan said:

Sure. TKR is only 82 active members. Can’t peace till it’s 75

On 12/24/2018 at 3:36 PM, The Mad Titan said:

Also you have 82 active members, if you have 50 that will stick it out so be it lmao. I will enjoy getting you there.

On 12/24/2018 at 5:40 PM, The Mad Titan said:

They continue to lose members though

Sorry, I don't get it, could you repeat that a few more times?

What makes Seven Kingdoms and Church of Atom think they have the right to push (some of the most demanding) peace terms on TKRsphere, when SK/CoA are both billions in negative net damage? Rose, who has nearly double the net damage of anyone else, isn't presenting any peace terms, not counting the defeat of TKRsphere. 

Edited by Ryan1

1 hour ago, Ryan1 said:

What makes Seven Kingdoms and Church of Atom think they have the right to push (some of the most demanding) peace terms on TKRsphere, when SK/CoA are both billions in negative net damage? Rose, who has nearly double the net damage of anyone else, isn't presenting any peace terms, not counting the defeat of TKRsphere. 

SK strikes again! We hoped to fly under the radar with our overpowering and oppressive demands for this war by taking as much damage as possible but alas you caught us! Little does everyone know in article 69 subtext 420 we demand that each alliance from EMC pay out $10,000,000,000.00 worth of Cinnamon Toast Crunch! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• Upvote 2

I'm just procrastinating for a paper I have to write at this point.

50 minutes ago, TheNG Rising said:

Can confirm, @Mikey is a cruel tyrant who desires nothing more than to crush EMC beneath the iron fist of cinnamon toast crunch. 

I mean, it's almost like arbitrary war stats have very little to do with any aims or goals alliances might have when choosing what to propose as peace terms. Who would've guessed?

Why would an alliance with negative net damage be proposing terms for their enemies defeat? 

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Ryan1 said:

They will bend at the knee and kiss their holiness's hand or we will see their lands burned to ash and every citizen burned at the stake for their heresy!

Edited by James II
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Santa Pre, here to drop some knowledge on you dumb scrooges. Lets say this war continues until this time next year. Who do you think will be better off? Do you think TKR and friends will be growing faster than the winning side?  Sure, maybe you'll cause a few nations some long term damage over that year, and maybe you'll hit a bank shot or two. But overall you're effed harder than Acadia with Clarke leading. Not to mention your warchests be will exhausted. Your rebuilding funds gone, maybe save a few. You'll have no allies that aren't a smoldering pile because no one will want to ally you while you're still in an active war. Then, lets say we finally go "A year of you not accepting cosmetic peace terms and (well by this point all your VMers are out of VM) any VMers left we can finally let skate, we will give you white peace now", then you have to rebuild. 

You guys are going to be so far ahead of us. Please, keep it up. You've got this in the bag.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

5 hours ago, TheNG Rising said:

B. SK is on the winning side, who usually propose terms in this sort of thing.

I never said their side wasn't winning. They are, and by a total landslide. But SK is in NEGATIVE net damage. You say that war stats don't matter, and most of them really don't. But the big bold number that says if they are winning or losing does.

• Downvote 1