Global War Peace Terms - Discussion

Ripper

Just now, The Mad Titan said:

Enlighten me on these "mass-deployed alliance-killer tactics". I am woefully uninformed.

You know the "Mass-deployed alliance-killer tactics" that we discussed 

Define alliance-killer tactics as all the stuff that'll get you rolled next war for being outrageous douchebags that actually has real effects on reducing an alliance's membership.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Rosey Song said:

Kid, you're clearly too young for this game, so why don't you go right on ahead, delete your nation and crack the colouring books back out for yourself.  Let someone who got the reference respond.

Guess playing this game for 3 1/2 years and being a 4.0 GPA as an upperclassman in college means I get hit with playground insults.  We have truly evolved here on Orbis XD.

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

2 hours ago, Inst said:

Your opfor hasn't mass-deployed alliance-killer tactics, for the obvious reasons that whichever part of SynDIQ started, would end up alienating TKR-sphere for the post-war. So both sides have cards they can play.

If you think this war is a stalemate, you're an asshat, simple as that. The peace negotiations are a stalemate, yes, but not the war itself. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

If you think this war is a stalemate, you're an asshat, simple as that. The peace negotiations are a stalemate, yes, but not the war itself. 

*dumbass. I don't think it's particularly asshatish to misunderstand on that level but it could be?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Inst said:

So is SynDIQ winning or TKR-sphere winning? There's this lovely batch of 80-140bn infra that's yet to be reduced on SynDIQ-side. There's all these members that could be driven out of the game on the TKR-sphere side.

You seem to be under this delusion that Radiantsphere could actually dole out that damage in any period of time less than months due to their position.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why do we want to drive anyone out of the game?

I like Orbis. Except for the occasional nuclear detonation and resulting fallout in my cities, It's a great place to raise a fake dead family of mutants and concern myself with bauxite prices on the open market.

Sure

From time to time a complete stranger will call you an idiot or a moron and tell you that you don't understand how to play. That's par for the course when interacting with mass groups over the internet as mass groups over the internet are just a representation of humanity as a whole without the nagging problem of possible physical repercussions.

I have no part in the negotiations as I'm just an unelected semi-tyrannical-despot- leader of a know-nothing micro but it seems to me that wars in this game were/are supposed to be fun/challenging for both sides and this one has been to a great degree.

I have no real point but the cursor was blinking and i've been chasing that thing all of my life.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Registered slot thief

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

In the last week or so, TKR rose from 4bn to 8bn net positive damage. Scaling the nuke rogues to allies, instead of just itself, you could see the 80 bn damage in about a month.

The thing is, though, is TKR actually out of cash / overbudget for this war? For instance, I note that a TKR gov member, despite having a nuke project, declined to nuke anything reasonable for about a whole month, despite probably having preferential access to money.

The longer the war goes on, the worse it is for EMC as our coalition can still economically grow while EMC is stuck losing potential money and resourses. EMC is only destroying themselves by keeping the war ongoing and divesting themselves of the revenue needed to be competitive in the future. 

It's a shame that EMC are seemingly incapable of understanding basic economic theory.

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 5

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

5 hours ago, Sphinx said:

We have a winner!

All of our expensive Infra was lost weeks ago, but we still have plenty of stuff to kill on our enemies side. I see a few whales with 2.5k Infra for example that need an EMC visit. 

Good luck when you ppl have 0 infra. Hence no military. Might as well start stockpiling nukes and missiles. But again that dwindles your precious rebuild money slowly but surely. 

• Downvote 1

I'm just confused as to when trade bots were allowed. Because according to these here game rules available to everyone to read, automated trading is strictly prohibited. In my opinion, if @Alex was to properly enforce this, anyone who profited from the use of this trading bot needs to be banned. Plain and simple.

• Downvote 2

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

21 minutes ago, Malal said:

The longer the war goes on, the worse it is for EMC as our coalition can still economically grow while EMC is stuck losing potential money and resourses. EMC is only destroying themselves by keeping the war ongoing and divesting themselves of the revenue needed to be competitive in the future. 

It's a shame that EMC are seemingly incapable of understanding basic economic theory.

They went to the Sheepy School of Economic Theory.

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Dwynn said:

I'm just confused as to when trade bots were allowed. Because according to these here game rules available to everyone to read, automated trading is strictly prohibited. In my opinion, if @Alex was to properly enforce this, anyone who profited from the use of this trading bot needs to be banned. Plain and simple.

Now, now, let's trust Alex that such things will never happen again. 

The trust is there, right? Right?

right?

43 minutes ago, Dwynn said:

Afaik, it only points out when someone made a very lucrative offer. The actual transaction, however, is still up to you.

Opinions are my own.

unknown.png

3 hours ago, Malal said:

Somewhat misleading.

Plus I’m sure most alliances are just fine.  Do remember that we have participants in this war who hasn’t seen a conflict like this for a long time.

Everyone in EMC is so goddamn soft. I guess that’s what years of winning easy wars do to you.

I remember days of old when winning a war meant something, as the victors put their jackboots on the neck of their fallen enemies. It’s a damn shame Pacifica doesn’t repeat the actions their forebears once took upon enemies.

Edited by Agent W
  • Like 3

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

5 hours ago, Malal said:

Works for those members who are growing out of our range. Doesn't help the members unable to make gains against nations that can outbuy and outproduce.  

If you remember Terradoxia and its free cash exploit, Alex never stamped down hard on it; i.e, people were reset but not banned. When players complained, Alex told the players to do something about it, so TEst and Arrgh smashed Terradoxia and, if memory serves, the players escaped to Brotherhood of Clouds.

The Kosonome script controversy is just another example of this; i.e, if the community (or in this case, just IQ) feels offended by what's seen as unjust tactics, they can self-regulate with treaties as well as peace terms. As to whether this'll actually get implemented is another question.

Edited by Inst

2 hours ago, Agent W said:

Everyone in EMC is so goddamn soft. I guess that’s what years of winning easy wars do to you.

I remember days of old when winning a war meant something, as the victors put their jackboots on the neck of their fallen enemies. It’s a damn shame Pacifica doesn’t repeat the actions their forebears once took upon enemies.

You mean have winning the war actually mean something? 

HnXarCG.gif?noredirect

THAT'S NOT PC!!!!! EVERYONE SHOULD WIN SOMETHING AFTER EVERY WAR!

0miaJkb.png

• Upvote 1

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

3 hours ago, Agent W said:

It's interesting that you never took this stance back then when you were in Syndicate, or you at least kept it in check.  I guess being on the side of the dogpile helps bring out your true persona.

Also interesting that you're calling out Pacifica considering your own history as well.

7 minutes ago, Madden8021 said:

I know Right? And yet I'm a 2.0 ish GPA and was born into the shrinking middle class. So it's Playground insults, Anger, and Adults being kids all around

Dang, I guess your failure in school means you are responsible for the death of the Middle Class.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

About The Author