Global War Peace Terms - Discussion

Ripper

Why would the winning side peace?  There's so little resistance and we could almost farm TKR-and-friends for money and resources indefinitely, depending on how much we may need to sell down to continue getting to them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

GICjEwp.gif

41 minutes ago, ComradeMilton said:

Why would the winning side peace?  There's so little resistance and we could almost farm TKR-and-friends for money and resources indefinitely, depending on how much we may need to sell down to continue getting to them.

You could do that and see that it's not that viable as you think it is over long term.

3 hours ago, Woot said:

Ah, it's the old "Everyone in the coalition submit the terms you want and we'll just forward them all along"

All of the terms submitted have been accepted by all the members of the coalition, while others have been rejected.

Proposed terms that give any kind of military, economy or political advantage after this war never passed through this filter.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

All of the terms submitted have been accepted by all the members of the coalition, while others have been rejected.

Proposed terms that give any kind of military, economy or political advantage after this war never passed through this filter.

It's only for six months lol

11 hours ago, Noctis said:

Personally I think it should just be agreed both sides don’t declare new wars after both sides feel they got enough hits in & neither wants to do terms.

Ok, make the case for why it's essentially a draw.  Math says 'no', but let's hear it.

9 hours ago, Woot said:

Ah, it's the old "Everyone in the coalition submit the terms you want and we'll just forward them all along"

Even if that were true, and it isn't, it'd be helpful if the other side made something resembling a serious counter offer, or even showed up in the formal Discord channel for peace talks.  Perhaps there is something going on in some back channel, but so far as I can see, the slaughter will continue for as long as people remain overly optimistic about their position.  I'm comfortable either way.

• Like 1

Guess it's been awhile since some of the people proposing these terms have won a war. They better hope they don't lose one again any time soon. At one point we had some friends on the other side of this one, but that is clearly no longer the case. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Avruch said:

Guess it's been awhile since some of the people proposing these terms have won a war. They better hope they don't lose one again any time soon. At one point we had some friends on the other side of this one, but that is clearly no longer the case. 

I am sure they will be devastated if they have to delete a bot in the future or sign more treaties due to future peace terms. xD

I think having peace terms for the entire coalition is already wrong

For example I can accept some peace terms with the core of the coalition that attacked us, but if you used this chance to hit our protectorates it's another thing

Single alliances should have separate peace terms

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Micchan said:

I think having peace terms for the entire coalition is already wrong

For example I can accept some peace terms with the core of the coalition that attacked us, but if you used this chance to hit our protectorates it's another thing

Single alliances should have separate peace terms

I have the feeling that I've had this sense of deja vu before.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Auctor said:

woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu the feeling of woah deja vu

• Upvote 1

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

49 minutes ago, Auctor said:

Wheres my money, punk.

1 hour ago, Avruch said:

These aren't punitive at all lol. Just because your side wants to protect deserters doesn't make everyone else evil. 

11 hours ago, Woot said:

You must remember them well after doing that for our war.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

5 minutes ago, kalev60 said:

I don't think it's about wanting to protect VM users, I think it's more about either punishing all of them even on the winning side, or who and how gets to punish their war-dodgers.

It’s literally why peace talks have stalled.

Knowing that certain terms put a bad taste in your opponent's mouth, them not being necessary to achieving IC goals, and proposing them regardless while in a position of power due to the way the war has turned out (and not due to general superlative command of military or economy) is a good way to set a precedent you really don't want to be setting. A position of power granted due to winning a war isn't so tenable, anyway. Just something to consider.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

For anyone that plays/played CN you already know where terms like this are going to lead.

Welcome to CN 2.0.

Congratulations you morons.

Everyone already knows who won and who lost, punitive terms won't change that nor will white peace.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Fraggle said:

From The Desk of Uncle Traveling Matt

The Best Nation of Fraggle Rock

UncleTravelingMattFraggle.jpg.e84104cb3db546b2a99dc1099eba7462.jpg

Greetings again Friends!!  This was quick. On the authority of Ripper, I, Uncle Traveling Matt, am taking over this process.

First off...all of what Ripper wrote is out the window.

New Terms: Fraggle gets 85% of all reps.

So our starting point is as follows: Peace for all for the low price of 19 billion cash, 200k Gas, 200 Alum, 200k Uranium.

Wire it all to me. The war is over.

Many Hugs

Uncle Traveling Matt

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Could you pin-point punitive terms?

• Like 6