Hard cap on war declare range based on city count

Prefontaine

15 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

At that point you're just describing the effects of the current score range mechanics; if anything the numbers your example gives are unrealistic without changes to the system. Best I could ever do is hit a fully mil'd up and high infra 5 city nation if I remember right, and that was with 12 cities during the 69 day war. Oh, and that battle that I'm thinking of was pretty close too, since he'd had so much support from his allies' downdeclares against me anyway.

tl;dr: We don't need this proposed change.

(I should note that I'm not fond of any city limitations, but Alex seemed happy with Pre's idea, prompting my alternate recommendation.)

As I previously stated, the formula and numbers I provided aren't formal recommendations, but the numbers of my napkin math aren't very far off. 

• Upvote 2

Not a fan of moving declaration ranges from score to cities, even in very rare circumstances. The nice thing about the current war range system is that it gives pros and cons to certain choices.

Buy up to 3k infra? Your score is now inflated.

Stockpiled 50 missiles and nukes? Your score is now inflated.

Max ground and navy when it was completely unnecessary? Your score is now inflated.

I think if someone is dumb enough to make all these mistakes, they should be majorly downdeclared for it. 

If a 33 city guy gets shredded down to no military and 900 infra per city, him fighting back with soldier spams to either win on the ground or force the enemy to spam soldier airstrikes is the one chance he has to fight back. 

I understand why someone would want to prevent insane down declares, but there's a reason why these declares were in range. They're annoying, but not broken and definitely not unbeatable. 

• Upvote 5

These are similar arguments being made compared to when you could run almost no infra and still have max mil with a low score. It wasn't viewed as a problem til a coordinated group took advantage of it in Arrgh, then suddenly it needed to be changed. Should a group of 5-10 coordinated double hits on drastically smaller nations, the problem will become more apparent. 

It's not a huge problem with one or two people, it will be when a larger group does. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif