The Underground DoE

RightHonorable

6 minutes ago, Balish said:

I'm sorry, but you are not outcasts...  Empyrea is made of outcasts...  People who have left or been banned from the game are outcasts...   Not you...

giphy.gif

#outkast

2 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

Article III - War Time
The Underground has the option of joining in on a defensive or offensive war alongside Bad Company. If The Underground so chooses to actively participate in the war, the Article II clause will be put on pause for the length that The Underground is actively at war. The length of the duration of The Underground’s war will be added to the deadline outlined in Article II so as to give them time to recover from war losses.

Article IV - Limits on Sovereignty
    For the duration of the agreement, The Underground agrees to not sign treaties other than Non-Aggression Pacts without prior authorization from Bad Company. Furthermore, The Underground agrees to not take offensive military action without authorization from Bad Company, except for countering raids, in such cases, Bad Company shall be notified as soon as it is practical to do so.

Article V - Cancellation

The Underground and Bad Company hold the right to cancel this Venture Protection Agreement. A notice from one alliance’s leadership is required to recognize a treaty cancellation. After a 24 hour notice of cancellation, this treaty shall be considered null and void.
Bad Company holds the right to upgrade this treaty to an ODP. Bad Company must notify the government of The Underground upon the decision to upgrade the treaty. If Bad Company so chooses to upgrade this VPA into an ODP, it shall take effect immediately.

19 minutes ago, Malal said:

So this is a protectorate that also functions as a ODAP but can also just be an ODP whenever?

k then

12 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

I think you need to re-read the treaty if that's what you got.

I mean, I love you kev- but it is basically what Malal said.

Protectorate Benefits + Optional defense/offense & BC can upgrade ODP whenever.

4 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

giphy.gif

#outkast

I mean, I love you kev- but it is basically what Malal said.

Protectorate Benefits + Optional defense/offense & BC can upgrade ODP whenever.

He omitted the all-important merge clause.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

Good luck in Orbis guys!

11 hours ago, TheRebelMan said:

And another micro....

Before you say that, consider that every alliance in Orbis began as a micro, including NPO, TKR, and KT. BK didn't just spring up with 150 members, neither did Pantheon or T$. Everyone has to start somewhere, and here that is as a 'micro' alliance.

16 minutes ago, Ryan1 said:

Good luck in Orbis guys!

Before you say that, consider that every alliance in Orbis began as a micro, including NPO, TKR, and KT. BK didn't just spring up with 150 members, neither did Pantheon or T$. Everyone has to start somewhere, and here that is as a 'micro' alliance.

TKR didn't start as a micro.

• Upvote 1

settradirect.png

4 hours ago, Ryan1 said:

Good luck in Orbis guys!

I can see the reasoning in that, but alliances like KT and TKR were well planned out and had a strong base of members before it was even established, and NPO had already existed in CN for quite some time before entering P&W. I personally have no beef with micros, but its leaders have to be experienced and know what they’re doing if they expect to remotely succeed.  People should join a major alliance for a while and have a good feeling for the game before leaving to make their own micro.

Z98SzIG.png

I'll correct myself: Even if an alliance had a starting base of 10-15 members (which is what we consider a micro) it didn't immediately become the massive, 100+ member behemoths it is today. 

2 hours ago, Anneal said:

I personally have no beef with micros, but its leaders have to be experienced and know what they’re doing if they expect to remotely succeed.  People should join a major alliance for a while and have a good feeling for the game before leaving to make their own micro.

I agree with that. Obviously TKR wouldn't be anywhere near where it is today if Infinite Citadel had no idea what he was doing. Every alliance that has a hope of becoming successful needs a good leader to keep it from dissolving into uncoordinated and inactive chaos.

2 hours ago, Anneal said:

I can see the reasoning in that, but alliances like KT and TKR were well planned out and had a strong base of members before it was even established, and NPO had already existed in CN for quite some time before entering P&W. I personally have no beef with micros, but its leaders have to be experienced and know what they’re doing if they expect to remotely succeed.  People should join a major alliance for a while and have a good feeling for the game before leaving to make their own micro.

Couldn't agree more with you. The biggest problem with mircos is that too many people run out and start one without having any knowledge of the world they are in. So people who join them enter into a black hole that sucks the enjoyment of the game from them. 

That's is exactly why we took our time in organizing and creating plans to help us make it through. RH, nor myself, are no strangers to this game and others like it. My reasoning for helping him in this adventure is that it fulfills my desire do something new (to me) and to help newer players along in their journey with hope that they have the same love for this game that we do. 

We didn't want to start a new alliance with a dozen of other players since it wouldn't allow the newer ones the chance to create and shape their own culture. That is part of why some players lose interest. When you join a big alliance it can be intimidating and impersonal. Some tend to feel like mindless drones or lost. All we do is fill a need for those players while being experienced and organized well enough to teach them the ways of Orbis. 

• Downvote 1

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

2 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

It's a valid CB last I checked

So, safe to say that BC is looking to add members to their ranks by force should they not perform to BC's standards?

Asking for a friend.

37 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

So, safe to say that BC is looking to add members to their ranks by force should they not perform to BC's standards?

Asking for a friend.

We aren’t looking to force people to join BC. The goal is to get rid of the VPA-signee if they don’t achieve their goals and decrease the amount of garbo micros and hopefully have a positive impact on Orbis. If the members don’t join BC they aren’t going to be chased down. We wouldn’t want people in BC that wouldn’t want to be here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

6 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

We aren’t looking to force people to join BC. The goal is to get rid of the VPA-signee if they don’t achieve their goals and decrease the amount of garbo micros and hopefully have a positive impact on Orbis. If the members don’t join BC they aren’t going to be chased down. We wouldn’t want people in BC that wouldn’t want to be here.

Story to come. ;)

14 hours ago, Cypher said:

tS actually had around 15-20 core members that knew each other very well and immediately hovered around the top 10 after the first month or two.

Most of t$‘s founding members came from the CN alliance MI6. It was never a micro in the traditional sense of the word. 

“I'm cheap and enjoy butchering” - Manthrax