The Underground DoE

RightHonorable

Interesting VPA - what if the said alliance doesn't wish to merge into BC, what does BC do at that point? Additionally, why the mention of the ODP - seems like BC controls authority of the upgrade without negotiation to the protected signatory? If they don't want it then they can cancel their protection?

Nice flag tho.

Edited by Mad Max

I give it 2 weeks.

Also the flag looks like 2010 era CN. Idk what Mad Max is smoking.

Edited by ☠ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™☠
  • Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, ☠ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™☠ said:

I give it 2 weeks.

Also the flag looks like 2010 era CN. Idk what Mad Max is smoking.

Smoking a big bag of dank sarcasm bro

Finally a micro DoE where I recognise the names and they aren't complete nobodies. 

Wish you guys the best of luck, Bad Company are top blokes so I reckon you'll do great together.

People of Orbis,

Many times throughout our day we hear complaints of micros. They are everywhere, popping up across the planet, bringing down color spheres and dragging down potential valued members that could otherwise learn and contribute in a worthwhile alliance. We offer the community a solution, the Venture Protection Agreement (VPA). 

The First Venture Protection Agreement

Preamble

The Underground and Bad Company henceforth agree to the following treaty that gives The Underground protection, a growth target and the promise of having a home. Bad Company receives the promise of a growing ally or future members. This treaty is meant to serve as a benefit to both parties. The community on Orbis will also benefit by limiting the number of stagnant alliances and promoting growth.

Article I - Protection and Guidance

Bad Company agrees to protect The Underground from raids, war, and negative publicity. A declaration of war on The Underground is also viewed as a declaration of war on Bad Company. Bad Company will also provide guidance to The Underground in the multiple facets of running an alliance.

Article II - Venture

The Underground will attempt to grow their alliance in a 90 day period. If after 60 days The Underground does not experience at least 20% in Nation Score growth, they are obligated to merge into Bad Company. If The Underground maintains the same or suffers a loss of Nation Score and/or Members after 30 days, they are obligated to merge into Bad Company. Bad Company may provide an extension on the deadline for The Underground to hit their objectives.

Article III - War Time
The Underground has the option of joining in on a defensive or offensive war alongside Bad Company. If The Underground so chooses to actively participate in the war, the Article II clause will be put on pause for the length that The Underground is actively at war. The length of the duration of The Underground’s war will be added to the deadline outlined in Article II so as to give them time to recover from war losses.

Article IV - Limits on Sovereignty
    For the duration of the agreement, The Underground agrees to not sign treaties other than Non-Aggression Pacts without prior authorization from Bad Company. Furthermore, The Underground agrees to not take offensive military action without authorization from Bad Company, except for countering raids, in such cases, Bad Company shall be notified as soon as it is practical to do so.

Article V - Cancellation

The Underground and Bad Company hold the right to cancel this Venture Protection Agreement. A notice from one alliance’s leadership is required to recognize a treaty cancellation. After a 24 hour notice of cancellation, this treaty shall be considered null and void.
Bad Company holds the right to upgrade this treaty to an ODP. Bad Company must notify the government of The Underground upon the decision to upgrade the treaty. If Bad Company so chooses to upgrade this VPA into an ODP, it shall take effect immediately.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

33 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

Interesting VPA - what if the said alliance doesn't wish to merge into BC, what does BC do at that point? Additionally, why the mention of the ODP - seems like BC controls authority of the upgrade without negotiation to the protected signatory? If they don't want it then they can cancel their protection?

Nice flag tho.

Most of those questions are better answered by BC. All I can offer is my perspective. 

If we fail to meet the expectations laid out by the treaty, and BC, than really we don't deserve to exist. It is why I have no concern with the merge clause. The problem with many mircos is that they exist way longer than necessary. 

• Downvote 1

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

3 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

Bad Company holds the right to upgrade this treaty to an ODP. Bad Company must notify the government of The Underground upon the decision to upgrade the treaty. If Bad Company so chooses to upgrade this VPA into an ODP, it shall take effect immediately.

Why this?

10 minutes ago, Kevanovia said:

People of Orbis,

Many times throughout our day we hear complaints of micros. They are everywhere, popping up across the planet, bringing down color spheres and dragging down potential valued members that could otherwise learn and contribute in a worthwhile alliance. We offer the community a solution, the Venture Protection Agreement (VPA). 

The First Venture Protection Agreement

Preamble

The Underground and Bad Company henceforth agree to the following treaty that gives The Underground protection, a growth target and the promise of having a home. Bad Company receives the promise of a growing ally or future members. This treaty is meant to serve as a benefit to both parties. The community on Orbis will also benefit by limiting the number of stagnant alliances and promoting growth.

Article I - Protection and Guidance

Bad Company agrees to protect The Underground from raids, war, and negative publicity. A declaration of war on The Underground is also viewed as a declaration of war on Bad Company. Bad Company will also provide guidance to The Underground in the multiple facets of running an alliance.

Article II - Venture

The Underground will attempt to grow their alliance in a 90 day period. If after 60 days The Underground does not experience at least 20% in Nation Score growth, they are obligated to merge into Bad Company. If The Underground maintains the same or suffers a loss of Nation Score and/or Members after 30 days, they are obligated to merge into Bad Company. Bad Company may provide an extension on the deadline for The Underground to hit their objectives.

Article III - War Time
The Underground has the option of joining in on a defensive or offensive war alongside Bad Company. If The Underground so chooses to actively participate in the war, the Article II clause will be put on pause for the length that The Underground is actively at war. The length of the duration of The Underground’s war will be added to the deadline outlined in Article II so as to give them time to recover from war losses.

Article IV - Limits on Sovereignty
    For the duration of the agreement, The Underground agrees to not sign treaties other than Non-Aggression Pacts without prior authorization from Bad Company. Furthermore, The Underground agrees to not take offensive military action without authorization from Bad Company, except for countering raids, in such cases, Bad Company shall be notified as soon as it is practical to do so.

Article V - Cancellation

The Underground and Bad Company hold the right to cancel this Venture Protection Agreement. A notice from one alliance’s leadership is required to recognize a treaty cancellation. After a 24 hour notice of cancellation, this treaty shall be considered null and void.

Basically a vassal then
Good Luck.

image.png.d09566c52a86722ddcad7d780bfe3515.png

Inactives from the beginning
This project is doomed to failure from the very beginning
RIP

7 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

Basically a vassal then
Good Luck.

RIP

Rome wasn't built in a day. We know how much work will be required in order to achieve any success in this world and as long as we follow our plan and have patience there is little need to be concerned. 

• Downvote 1

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

1 hour ago, TheShadow said:

Basically a vassal then
Good Luck.

RIP

Yeah, no, this is not what a vassal is. Like at all. It's a protectorate agreement that tries to seem special by being a bit different, but honestly its attempt at being different isn't that impressive. 

• Upvote 2

So this is a protectorate that also functions as a ODAP but can also just be an ODP whenever?

k then

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

6 minutes ago, Malal said:

So this is a protectorate that also functions as a ODAP but can also just be an ODP whenever?

k then

I think you need to re-read the treaty if that's what you got.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

I'm sorry, but you are not outcasts...  Empyrea is made of outcasts...  People who have left or been banned from the game are outcasts...   Not you...

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.