City based protected loot

Guest Frawley

Guest Frawley

Alex,

When the game started 100k was a fine lower limit on the reserved amount of cash a nation had safe from looting, now that we have nations nearing 40 cities, upkeeps etc are high enough that this limit no longer makes sense.

I'd like to propose that you get 100k of unlootable cash for each city you have. e.g. I have 16 cities, the last 1.6m would not be lootable. Someone with 32 cities would not be able to have the last 3.2m looted.

14 hours ago, Frawley said:

Alex,

When the game started 100k was a fine lower limit on the reserved amount of cash a nation had safe from looting, now that we have nations nearing 40 cities, upkeeps etc are high enough that this limit no longer makes sense.

I'd like to propose that you get 100k of unlootable cash for each city you have. e.g. I have 16 cities, the last 1.6m would not be lootable. Someone with 32 cities would not be able to have the last 3.2m looted.

I agree with this. It really makes a ton of sense.

Furthermore there should really be a lower limit on the reserved resources a nation has safe from looting as well; a small number but still a number. This has been suggested before, incidentally...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Micchan said:

I agree with both, 100k per city seem right

For resources should be the same for every type? Because with 100 uranium you can survive at least 1 day even with a whale nation but with 100 steel you don't do too much

Well, as long as it's per city then 1k per resource (2k food) should be good. Sure, that's a lot of uranium, but then again we gotta be able to build our nukes :v

29 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, as long as it's per city then 1k per resource (2k food) should be good. Sure, that's a lot of uranium, but then again we gotta be able to build our nukes :v

1k is too much, way too much

Another winner!

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

I like the idea but this is one of those things that I can see Admin going overboard with and it further ruining raiding as a play style.

Maybe have the protection lapse after your activity turns purple (7+ days).

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

I like the idea but this is one of those things that I can see Admin going overboard with and it further ruining raiding as a play style.

Maybe have the protection lapse after your activity turns purple (7+ days).

That's actually a really good idea, upvoted

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

This really needs to be implemented ASAP, along with the protection lapse at 7+ days inactivity. $100k is comic low and pretty much useless for people Mid-Tier+. Protecting a small amount of resources would also be good as well. Perhaps 25 Uran per city, 250 food per city and 100 of other resources protected per city.

Edited by Sphinx

I'm mostly supportive but I have somewhat mixed feelings.

I think the way the game allows people to fight on basically endlessly isn't a good thing.  People should be able to fight back from a loosing position, for a while at least, but it shouldn't lead to an endless stalemate and game of whackamole, where people have nothing left to destroy but can keep fighting.  It makes wars really boring when your opponent has so low infra that it's not worth destroying.

In that sense, being able to use ground attacks to keep someone from having the funds to fight when they don't have enough infra to easily replenish their cash via their income isn't necessarily a bad thing.  And it forces people to come up with creative ways to fund their military, also not a bad thing.

For that reason I would propose making the limit based on infra or population, not just city count.  Something like population / 4.

(I say all this as someone who right now is immensely benefiting from the ability to keep fighting long past the point where anyone can really do meaningful damage to my nation.  In some cases I can do more infra damage with one attack than the value of all my infra put together.  That shouldn't be a thing.)

• Upvote 3
GnWq7CW.png

2 hours ago, Azaghul said:

I'm mostly supportive but I have somewhat mixed feelings.

I think the way the game allows people to fight on basically endlessly isn't a good thing.  People should be able to fight back from a loosing position, for a while at least, but it shouldn't lead to an endless stalemate and game of whackamole, where people have nothing left to destroy but can keep fighting.  It makes wars really boring when your opponent has so low infra that it's not worth destroying.

In that sense, being able to use ground attacks to keep someone from having the funds to fight when they don't have enough infra to easily replenish their cash via their income isn't necessarily a bad thing.  And it forces people to come up with creative ways to fund their military, also not a bad thing.

For that reason I would propose making the limit based on infra or population, not just city count.  Something like population / 4.

(I say all this as someone who right now is immensely benefiting from the ability to keep fighting long past the point where anyone can really do meaningful damage to my nation.  In some cases I can do more infra damage with one attack than the value of all my infra put together.  That shouldn't be a thing.)

That's not a bad idea actually.

On 11/10/2018 at 2:43 AM, Frawley said:

While I agree on the idea, the 1.6m figure for 16 cities is insanely huge for that tiering.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

While I agree on the idea, the 1.6m figure for 16 cities is insanely huge for that tiering.

How so? A full buy of ships is 3m cash for me, of planes it’s 1.26m, and with this idea my last 1.9m would be saved.

• Downvote 1

I think increasing it makes sense, but don’t think this should give an extra advantage to high city nations warring lower city nations. So the amount lootable should be the same for both nations warring each other. If based on city count, it should based on who has more cities in any war for both nations.

If a 10 City Nation is at war with a 23 City Nation; the amount protected from looting should be based on 23 Cities for both nations in that war. Rather than give the 23 City Nation extra much unlootable money compared to the lower city nation they’re fighting.

So I think increasing the protected loot is a good idea, since 100k is almost nothing. Although I only think basing it on city count is a good idea if the amount protected is the same for both nations fighting each other, even if they have a different amount of cities.

My score is only 67 higher after building a new city with 1400 infra, with the only other adjustments being decommissioning around 30k soldiers I think. So more cities doesn’t have a big impact on nation score & declaration range.

Edited by Noctis

libertyribbon.png