2018 PnW Awards Announcement

Kastor

6 minutes ago, Kastor said:

1. Instead of public voting, we do secret ones that are counted by multiple people, so there’s no way of rigging the vote.

This is an awful idea tbh, the vote can be easily rigged and effected by bias. Do public imo

The rest is fine, thanks and good luck

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Kastor said:

2. Instead of the usual public view of awards, we hold a radio show(Kev and Charlie will hopefully help out), and the show is where the Awards are announced and people can actually get up and say a few words about their awards(we’ll try to pick a neutral time and get the top 3 to join, for alliance awards-they can send any gov member). 

Well, we have players from all around the world, I doubt there will can be a time convenient for all. 

Also I propose category of most vacationing alliance, although favourites are already known...

Good luck with organising whole thing!

• Upvote 1

Because immediately after I got this posted, I was hammered on discord by IQ members. Here it is:

I don’t believe ANY PnW Award was rigged. The VOTE shall be COUNTED and CONFIRMED by MULTIPLE PEOPLE to avoid any RIGGING.

This does not mean any votes will be discounted.

This does not mean I even care who wins.

This simply means there will be a valid security system around the vote. With trusted members of the community confirming the result. Therefore stop getting your panties in a bunch. Your vote will count as your vote always has. No one is going to stop BK from getting it’s entire membership base to vote. My vote counts 1 like your vote. 

The idea of a secret vote is so we can do a radio show that draws interest of “who’s gonna win.”

ALSO,  the votes will be release post-show. You can see who got the most votes and where. It’s only secret until the show.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

1. No, voting should be public but instead of using polls I would count only votes made with posts and this should remove any doubt

You can say the vote is rigged if the players can be messaged in game with the list of names to vote in 30 seconds but when a players makes a post he shows that he really care

Not saying all the votes should be a poem, a vote like "Best alliance: BK because BK STRONK" is already good for me

And more important this system promotes the discussion that should be the reason why we make the awards, better a vote where I can read what other players think than 10 votes on a poll that doesn't add anything other than a mere result

2. No, should all be on forum

3. Should be way more than only 2 players per year, like 10 players per year

4. Best war (can be a world war, alliance war, micro war, or even player vs player, example of nomination could be Ayyslamic Crusade for being equilibrated), most honorable death (alliance or player who don't give up when dogpiled, example of nomination could be KT for resisting 69 days)

Seems like a neat idea honestly.

• Like 1

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

Public is more accountable than private. I would not trust a private poll.

And I'd also prefer it all on the forum, the radio show could be an extra perhaps, even before the public reveal/thread, but just not exclusively the radio.

• Upvote 6

I would gladly help out but I know it's gonna end up being a popularity contest like every other year. Even if you don't count votes for oneself or for one's alliance, their allies are gonna do it anyways.

Good luck tho.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Dynamic said:

@Kastor I would like to see a voting system linked to nations. I have done something similar for Rose elections, and would be happy to elaborate if you would be interested.

Would be interested in this. You can elaborate here or in my DMs. 

1 hour ago, Don Juan said:

Public is more accountable than private. I would not trust a private poll.

And I'd also prefer it all on the forum, the radio show could be an extra perhaps, even before the public reveal/thread, but just not exclusively the radio.

This would defeat the purpose of the radio show/award show. The point is to allow an air of secrecy. If your issue is "trust" that isn't good enough for me to stop it, as several people will be apart of this and it'll be impossible to "rig" the vote. The poll will be released after the show, and people would be allowed to see the results, along with a team with different alliance allegiances, oversaw by me, the guy who doesn't care who wins. It'll be next to impossible to "rig" the vote.

We can still have a radio show and still post on the forums afterwards. These aren't mutually exclusive.

1 hour ago, Micchan said:

1. No, voting should be public but instead of using polls I would count only votes made with posts and this should remove any doubt

You can say the vote is rigged if the players can be messaged in game with the list of names to vote in 30 seconds but when a players makes a post he shows that he really care

Not saying all the votes should be a poem, a vote like "Best alliance: BK because BK STRONK" is already good for me

And more important this system promotes the discussion that should be the reason why we make the awards, better a vote where I can read what other players think than 10 votes on a poll that doesn't add anything other than a mere result

2. No, should all be on forum

3. Should be way more than only 2 players per year, like 10 players per year

4. Best war (can be a world war, alliance war, micro war, or even player vs player, example of nomination could be Ayyslamic Crusade for being equilibrated), most honorable death (alliance or player who don't give up when dogpiled, example of nomination could be KT for resisting 69 days)

1. No, anything that will be done will be automatically counting. I'm not putting anyone through the process of manually counting through every post on the forum, nor do I think anyone else would.

2. Why should it all be on the forum? I don't think its even a stretch to say that more people are on discord than forums. As long as you can vote and participate on the forums, why should we limit ourselves to just to forums? 

3. I think the Hall of Fame idea should be limited in some regard. It makes no sense to have a hall of fame where a bunch of people join. Some people can be added later. The number 2 is just thrown out there but 10 would be way to much. Maybe like 3 would be a better number.

4. Noted. Nice ideas.

26 minutes ago, Dynamic said:

@Kastor I would like to see a voting system linked to nations. I have done something similar for Rose elections, and would be happy to elaborate if you would be interested.

Make all of PnW hate you! :P

• Upvote 1

Guest Curufinwe
3 hours ago, Kastor said:

First off, I’ll be hosting the awards again this year. It’ll be a good occasion as usual. However I’m trying to spice it up this year. I’m trying to add new categories and make it more of a presentation this year so here we go for ideas:

1. Instead of public voting, we do secret ones that are counted by multiple people, so there’s no way of rigging the vote.

If there's no concern about the vote being rigged (or past votes having been rigged), why make the vote secret instead of public?  In previous votes you couldn't see who voted for who, so how people voted was already private - it was just the totals that were open to public scrutiny.  All you're doing by refusing to share those totals is undermining confidence in the vote, since reasonable people are going to wonder why you feel the need to hide votes totals in the first place.  And while it's nice that multiple people are confirming the totals, there's still no reason why the vote distribution shouldn't be available for anyone to see, since the most plausible reason to hide it would be to tweak it toward a preferred outcome.   So yeah, go ahead and do your radio awards (although that's kind of dumb since people that aren't close to your timezone are going to miss out), but don't undermine confidence in the voting process just so more people will tune into your show.

37 minutes ago, Redarmy said:

Make all of PnW hate you! :P

Exactly, Rose loves me for it.

Basically, what we have done in the past as we make a list of all eligible nation IDs that can vote. They then go to a website where they put a code in their nation's description. The script runs a verification check to make sure that the unique code is in the description. If the check passes, they are then presented with a ballot where they can vote. After submission, they are removed from the list so they cannot vote twice. Is that clear?

• Upvote 3

Horizon Guard of Rose Internal Affairs

Vote Shifty 2018:

Most Controversial

Most Dynamic

Best Villain because let's face it. They sucked this year.

Biggest Meme (Won last year, let's do it again)

Funniest Player (Won 2016)

SNN for best Media

I'm the most dynamic non-government.

Vote Pre for best comeback player

Vote TEst for best restart

Vote the SNN party ballot (which will be released once the full category list is announced)

Edited by ☠ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™☠

1 hour ago, Curufinwe said:

If there's no concern about the vote being rigged (or past votes having been rigged), why make the vote secret instead of public?  In previous votes you couldn't see who voted for who, so how people voted was already private - it was just the totals that were open to public scrutiny.  All you're doing by refusing to share those totals is undermining confidence in the vote, since reasonable people are going to wonder why you feel the need to hide votes totals in the first place.  And while it's nice that multiple people are confirming the totals, there's still no reason why the vote distribution shouldn't be available for anyone to see, since the most plausible reason to hide it would be to tweak it toward a preferred outcome.   So yeah, go ahead and do your radio awards (although that's kind of dumb since people that aren't close to your timezone are going to miss out), but don't undermine confidence in the voting process just so more people will tune into your show.

4 hours ago, Kastor said:

Because immediately after I got this posted, I was hammered on discord by IQ members. Here it is:

I don’t believe ANY PnW Award was rigged. The VOTE shall be COUNTED and CONFIRMED by MULTIPLE PEOPLE to avoid any RIGGING.

This does not mean any votes will be discounted.

This does not mean I even care who wins.

This simply means there will be a valid security system around the vote. With trusted members of the community confirming the result. Therefore stop getting your panties in a bunch. Your vote will count as your vote always has. No one is going to stop BK from getting it’s entire membership base to vote. My vote counts 1 like your vote. 

The idea of a secret vote is so we can do a radio show that draws interest of “who’s gonna win.”

ALSO,  the votes will be release post-show. You can see who got the most votes and where. It’s only secret until the show.

I already answered and addressed the same concerns you listed. The vote count is kept secret for the show to be a surprise. It is then released after the show. So no one is "refusing" to share those totals, just holding onto them until after the show. Where is there less confidence? Everyone can vote, same as before, you just can't see who's winning until after all the votes are in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kastor said:

I already answered and addressed the same concerns you listed. The vote count is kept secret for the show to be a surprise. It is then released after the show. So no one is "refusing" to share those totals, just holding onto them until after the show. Where is there less confidence? Everyone can vote, same as before, you just can't see who's winning until after all the votes are in.

Inb4 SNN leaks the votes.

• Upvote 1

Kinda thought vote stacking was kind of a silly stunt that we played to death before but seeing the devastation it's wrought to the public trust, such as it is, makes it epic in retrospect.

• Haha 1