IQ/tS is winning, but are they having fun?

Sweeeeet Ronny D

28 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

I hate to be the one to ruin a good back and forth, but uhh... remember how there was no war for more than half a year?

....Maybe everyone's having fun....?

Eh, there's a bit of excitement if your enemy isn't that good and you have a fighting chance. Getting stomped with no chance to resist is a far less exciting. Plus, war starts wearing out over time and when it draws out too long then even that gets kind of boring. 

Z98SzIG.png

13 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

Oh boi

Hate to burst your bubble.

This game is functionally just a cycle of war and peace anyways. You fight in war for a few weeks, and eventually the excitement from it starts to wear out a bit, then you have to peace and keep yourself occupied with rebuilding your warchest and nation. Then the boredom sets in again when you have to wait six months for the next global war to happen. 

• Upvote 1

Z98SzIG.png

16 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

Oh boi

Hate to burst your bubble.

Not sure what's wrong with that. The longest war was 69 days, a little less than 10 weeks. Trail of Tiers was 49. A "few" weeks was just a conservative way of saying it. 

Z98SzIG.png

1 minute ago, Anneal said:

Not sure what's wrong with that. The longest war was 69 days, a little less than 10 weeks. Trail of Tiers was 49. A "few" weeks was just a conservative way of saying it. 

It came across as if the war was going to last less than a month.

Otherwise you'd just say ''A month and 'x' weeks''.

• Upvote 1

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

1 minute ago, Cypher said:

Right that's another month added to the war. How dare YOU accuse us of not having fun?

Add a week for every time he tries to flex with his stats too!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

It came across as if the war was going to last less than a month.

Otherwise you'd just say ''A month and 'x' weeks''.

That was my bad then. My point still stands though. It’s a problem with the game that it fails to offer much of anything, because the only interesting thing that happens in this game is the rush of excitement you get for the first month of war and spending the rest of its duration waiting for some kind of treaty to end it, and then waiting several months for another war to happen.

Z98SzIG.png

2 minutes ago, Anneal said:

That was my bad then. My point still stands though. It’s a problem with the game that it fails to offer much of anything, because the only interesting thing that happens in this game is the rush of excitement you get for the first month of war and spending the rest of its duration waiting for some kind of treaty to end it, and then waiting several months for another war to happen.

That's political stagnation for yah. Nobody wants to plant knives in backs or pull any whacky maneuvers out of left field. Half the game is politics to anybody not deep into FA it looks pretty stagnate as hell.

I mean, how many people are expecting a round... what is it,4? 5? Between IQ and syndi after this. We really should just erase all treaties and start from scratch with spin-the-treaty-wheel. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Akuryo said:

That's political stagnation for yah. Nobody wants to plant knives in backs or pull any whacky maneuvers out of left field. Half the game is politics to anybody not deep into FA it looks pretty stagnate as hell.

I mean, how many people are expecting a round... what is it,4? 5? Between IQ and syndi after this. We really should just erase all treaties and start from scratch with spin-the-treaty-wheel. 

That'd be dope though, having ones' allies and enemies assigned randomly?

We should actually DO that at some point. It seriously wouldn't be difficult.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

If we could get every relevant alliance to agree to it.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

It would be fun, sadly many AA leaders would have hard times of selling it to the memberships with all them eternal hate fests and old grudges out there, there is a reason for treaty-web to look like it does.

3 minutes ago, kalev60 said:

It would be fun, sadly many AA leaders would have hard times of selling it to the memberships with all them eternal hate fests and old grudges out there, there is a reason for treaty-web to look like it does.

Solution: Everyone dynamic enough to do this rolls the shit out everyone not dynamic enough to.

• Downvote 1

Just now, kalev60 said:

Yeah, but I'm not necessarily saying it should be permanent. We might try something like a modified test server tournament where people sign up and then are randomly assigned to alliances.

We could actually do that ourselves, without admin needing to do a thing; we'd just somehow need to avoid swarms of alt accounts interfering with the test server while registration is enabled and there's no official tourney on.

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

I never noticed you having more fun, but if you think you're having fun then good for you. 

You gotta stop letting your sister post. She doesn't quote someone and calls them "you", so people have no idea who you're talking to.

hSbE0.gif

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

5 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

I've mentioned the idea of Orbis Kickball. Basically select a few alliances to be team captains and they take turns pick alliances to be on their team. Sadly UPN will be that kid picked last :(

While I know many of the fighting alliances would have fun with this, wouldn't some team captains just pick their own allies anyway?