IQ/tS is winning, but are they having fun?

Sweeeeet Ronny D

14 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

Fun to me is seeing you on your knees, under my jackboot if I was able to wear jackboots, begging for the benevolent mercy of the roqswarm. I am but a vessel of the greater good. An enforcer of the hivemind hegemony. You are in the way. You will Perish. And it will give me pleasure.

Amen

Lxr4VfE.png

17 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

I hate to be the one to ruin a good back and forth, but uhh... remember how there was no war for more than half a year?

....Maybe everyone's having fun....?

You mean...  Actual activity on this server makes people want to play it more? 

WOW!  And here I thought that slowly growing your own nation in the back corner trying to avoid all contact was the height of entertainment! 

• Upvote 1

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:48 PM, Ripper said:

To give a serious answer, there is some frustration from members that do not have a chance to get a slot or as many slots as they would want to have.
This, combined with the hard task of getting so many alliances from the attacking coalition to collaborate with each other, also causes stress on the leadership and even tension between some alliances.

However, I do believe that each and every alliance had its time to shine and has had a fair amount of fun.
Adding to this the fact that: a. some alliances get to see victory in a global war after years and b. some new alliances/tiers are getting at long last a loss
you can see that there are many other reasons for people to (if not have fun) be happy.

From a pirate's point of view, war is always fun, no matter what, even if there is minimum action. :v

It's by default more fun than signing everyone in your tier and having no (hard) wars to face for months or years.

giphy.gif

Gib slots blyat. So far managed to use 2/8 of my slots at same time.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:49 PM, Lordship said:

Probably plenty of fun to go around on both sides. For us, the first time we've had the challenge of finding creative ways to fight back against the swarm of adversaries, and for them the thrill of having their first decisive victory. I don't think you can measure fun in any reliable way, so ultimately it's what each party makes of it! 

When you did the exactly same thing to us, we found a way, to raid with 1 ship, and win mad dosh. Just look how much growth a total noob like Ripper got over 3 months of it. Unfortunantley certaint people who cried to admin a lot blocked that play style. There were other viable options for no mil raiders to earn loot and have fun and even hit back, but again someone's constant whining cut all of those out. So, guess have fun not being able to do anything due to changes you requested? (Using You as a collective of non-Arrgh people, not Lordship/TKR/EMC in particular)

On 11/8/2018 at 1:18 AM, Anneal said:

Eh, there's a bit of excitement if your enemy isn't that good and you have a fighting chance. Getting stomped with no chance to resist is a far less exciting. Plus, war starts wearing out over time and when it draws out too long then even that gets kind of boring. 

Try a few months of that. Yet still I'm here and ruining other people's fun. Woe is me.

On 11/8/2018 at 1:36 AM, Anneal said:

This game is functionally just a cycle of war and peace anyways. You fight in war for a few weeks, and eventually the excitement from it starts to wear out a bit, then you have to peace and keep yourself occupied with rebuilding your warchest and nation. Then the boredom sets in again when you have to wait six months for the next global war to happen. 

Have no idea what you're talking about. This game is constant cycle or raiding and raiding. Occasionally you take a break so you can raid more later.

On 11/8/2018 at 2:17 AM, Anneal said:

That was my bad then. My point still stands though. It’s a problem with the game that it fails to offer much of anything, because the only interesting thing that happens in this game is the rush of excitement you get for the first month of war and spending the rest of its duration waiting for some kind of treaty to end it, and then waiting several months for another war to happen.

Again, no idea what any of that is either. Altought ending treatys sounds good. How do you do that? Other than that, I have to agreed, this game lost a lot of viable raiding options over time, we need to get those back so everyone can raid more.

Obligatory Arrgh! at the end.

Arrgh!

tvPWtuA.gif

People are quitting again?

P&W Members: "NOTHING HAPPENS IN THIS GAME!"

Also P&W Members: "TOO MUCH HAPPENS, WHY CAN'T I JUST BUILD!"

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

5 minutes ago, Darth Ataxia said:

F

In the chat

About The Author

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

the dude has been in a bunch of alliances, I guess he wanted to quit while he was in the best of the bunch.

I wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Mr Ronny, 

I don’t feel so good

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

the dude has been in a bunch of alliances, I guess he wanted to quit while he was in the best of the bunch.

I wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Perfect timing too...

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I'm curious as to why he deleted.  He always was high up on himself and his military capabilities.

He attacked Belisarius, and when we countered and killed 1.5k air in 5 minutes, he sold all of his resources, lost all of his cash on Keno, deleted, and made sure we knew that he did so, by sharing live his actions with us.

This behavior makes me think that him deleting was more like rage-quiting after losing a war rather than just "retiring".

5 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

If he really cared about/believed in that "best bunch", I guess he could donate his wealth to his last alliance instead of leaving in such a childish way.

In any case, knowing Warp since we were together in Arrgh, I am quite shocked he acted as he did, and that's why I may sound judgemental. Same applies to Tywin perma-VMing after realizing we can take him down. That's a really disappointing and sad turn of events.

Edited by Ripper
  • Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Wait...

No Warpool and no Twynn means... I just entered in the soldiers killed leaderboard!!! (first non-raider I think)

What a beautiful way to go 

Damn, Micchan... I love how you can make a joke out of all situations. Don't change.

• Like 1