Name this war - Community Poll pt 2

Sketchy

What should the war be called?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. What should the war be called?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/18 at 02:00 AM

8 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

1 guy didn't get to vote, clearly should reopen the vote for 10 years so future generations get their say too

The vote should just be left open indefinitely so that everyone can get a say even a few centuries from now.

settradirect.png

Taking all the sarcasm and turning it into a more factual tone. The point is that it's a bit odd and could be considered a tad bit unfair to start a vote on a Tuesday with no clear ending date and end the vote halfway through a Saturday only 5 days after the start and right when the vote with the 2nd most votes jumps up about 10ish votes and while more people are coming here saying they would like to vote for said 2nd place........ Run on sentence is ran on.

But if we want to resort to petty "Oh well we should just leave it open for forever because I want to piggyback on a shitty comment with another shitty comment" type comments then sure, we can all be tards.

Edited by soultak3r1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

40 minutes ago, Pestilence said:

Wow your a salty one

Seems you and your buddy are the salty ones, since you had to respond rudely to a comment for no reason.

40 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

1 guy didn't get to vote, clearly should reopen the vote for 10 years so future generations get their say too

So what you are saying is. "I realize the first poll was open a week. This one is randomly closed after 5 days for no reason and so I'm going to be stupidly hyperbolic in response to a request to let people vote because my choice might lose."

33 minutes ago, Settra said:

The vote should just be left open indefinitely so that everyone can get a say even a few centuries from now.

That would be less arbitrary. Ideally you'd either pick a time-frame up front, or at least be consistent with the first vote on the same topic. The war is still running, so I don't see why there's any rush end the naming question. But hey facts are hard for some people I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

7 hours ago, Commander Thrawn said:

Seems you and your buddy are the salty ones, since you had to respond rudely to a comment for no reason.

So what you are saying is. "I realize the first poll was open a week. This one is randomly closed after 5 days for no reason and so I'm going to be stupidly hyperbolic in response to a request to let people vote because my choice might lose."

That would be less arbitrary. Ideally you'd either pick a time-frame up front, or at least be consistent with the first vote on the same topic. The war is still running, so I don't see why there's any rush end the naming question. But hey facts are hard for some people I guess.

No I am saying you're a dumbass

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

In the end. No matter what you do, Nobody is happy. I've seen worse on Steam Discussions (Heh, heh.). Knightfall is still going to be the war name. Better luck next war, NPO.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Thalmor said:

If you can't spare 3 minutes out of a 5 day period to vote on a forum thread then that's on you. 

It takes not even 30 seconds to vote. There was plenty of time to vote.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Commander Thrawn said:

Thank you for understanding yourself.

settradirect.png

On 11/11/2018 at 4:03 PM, Commander Thrawn said:

Reopen the poll. Some people have jobs and things to do that mean we can't sit here reading forums all the time.

I work 10-12 hour shifts each day when I'm at work, while I'm also working on my MBA.  I'm at the end of a 9 day scheduling before I get some time off.

I managed to get a vote in.  It doesn't take much at all.  If you can't manage to sneak a few minutes in within a 5 day timeframe, that's your own laziness.  Not those who managed to vote.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

I work 10-12 hour shifts each day when I'm at work, while I'm also working on my MBA.  I'm at the end of a 9 day scheduling before I get some time off.

I managed to get a vote in.  It doesn't take much at all.  If you can't manage to sneak a few minutes in within a 5 day timeframe, that's your own laziness.  Not those who managed to vote.

People here are so afraid of other people voting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Commander Thrawn said:

People here are so afraid of other people voting. 

I'm afraid of catering to people's laziness and procrastination, but you do you.

Just now, Buorhann said:

I'm afraid of catering to people's laziness and procrastination, but you do you.

I already explained why I didn't get a chance to vote before everyone from polaris decided to call me lazy repeatedly. I wasn't in the country. Believe it or not logging onto to forums for this game while in Asia for work wasn't a priority to vote in a poll that I expected would be open at least as long as the first poll. But I would also like others to have the opportunity to vote instead of arbitrarily closing the poll without reason since no deadline was given. 

But we all know why you all don't want others to vote, its because your choice might not win. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Wasn't aware that Asia didn't have internet access.  I'm sorry for assuming such.

Or... I don't use work devices with confidential information on them on unsecured wifi in foreign countries to log into forums for browser games.

But hey, its all deflection, just admit you know the vote result will be different if you allow people to vote and now your only option is to be toxic about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Deflection?  There's no deflection.  You're the one running off of rampant speculation.

Let's say we add your vote in.  Guess what?  Doesn't change the outcome.  There you go.  You got your vote in.

Are you claiming that there's multiple of you who were out of country, not willing to log in and vote due to confidential stuff while in Asia that has one of the largest hubs of internet access?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Commander Thrawn said:

Or... I don't use work devices with confidential information on them on unsecured wifi in foreign countries to log into forums for browser games.

But hey, its all deflection, just admit you know the vote result will be different if you allow people to vote and now your only option is to be toxic about it.

bro stop complaining about this already like seriously, you said it yourself "It wasent your priority" if there are so many people who wanted to continue this poll that was up for 5 days then why are you the only person complaining about it?

I missed the first poll because of a trip and you dont hear me complaining about it

eastwood.jpg

6 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Deflection?  There's no deflection.  You're the one running off of rampant speculation.

Let's say we add your vote in.  Guess what?  Doesn't change the outcome.  There you go.  You got your vote in.

Are you claiming that there's multiple of you who were out of country, not willing to log in and vote due to confidential stuff while in Asia that has one of the largest hubs of internet access?

As I said before you all started the needless insults and attacks that its a busy time of year and you should give people the opportunity to vote. 

Soultaker said there was more foot traffic (probably because it was part way through saturday when the vote was randomly cut off).

If you are so sure I'm the only one, then why is everyone so acting so toxic about a request to be allowed to vote? Oh that's right because there probably are more people that would vote.

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

bro stop complaining about this already like seriously, you said it yourself "It wasent your priority" if there are so many people who wanted to continue this poll that was up for 5 days then why are you the only person complaining about it?

I missed the first poll because of a trip and you dont hear me complaining about it

I'm not complaining, I made one post and was attacked repeatedly for no good reason. If people wanted the topic to die, they wouldn't quote me a day after the fact simply to add their choice insults. Instead they keep quoting me giving me notifications to which I am happy to respond because it drives them crazy (because NPO is evil and various other things). 

Edited by Commander Thrawn
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

32 minutes ago, Commander Thrawn said:

If you are so sure I'm the only one, then why is everyone so acting so toxic about a request to be allowed to vote? Oh that's right because there probably are more people that would vote.

Because you're the only one really raising a ruckus about it due to your (and Soul's) speculation.

Fact:  5 days of voting

Fact:  Multiple players voted

Fact:  The only one you can contest is your vote

Fact:  Your one vote wouldn't have made a difference

Fact:  You're speculating that there are other votes

If there were other votes, they should've happened within the timeframe.  When you create a poll, it says how long the poll is up for.

Given that you're in a "confidential, international" career position, I would assume you're highly educated.  Any teacher worth their salt wouldn't take in a student's request for extra time because "other students" may have better papers to turn in.  This is something that is ingrained into us at a young age till we graduate.  If you fail to make a deadline, you lose your grade, you lose your job, you lose your effort.  This isn't a new thing.  This sort of stuff occurs with us all throughout our life.

In other words, you (as an individual) should know better.

However, if you have a Doctor's excuse, please see @Sketchy~~

(On another note:  With those facts listed, and the fact that you're the one constantly pounding in "Oh you guys are afraid of losing the name" - you're a fricking idiot at arguing.  Unless you're trolling, then good job.)

1st world problem if I've ever seen one.

Easy solution: Just refer to it as GSW yourselves. This poll isn't some sort of holy mandate which if ignored dooms your soul to eternal damnation; it simply decides which name goes on the wiki. You can still refer to it as GSW, not unlike how some still refer to Trail of Tiers as Git Gud Friday. And given that GSW is a popular name for this war, GSW being used as an alternative to it wouldn't be unreasonable at all.

Seriously, this isn't worth the grief/anger being displayed.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

12 hours ago, Buorhann said:

10 - 12 hour shifts of playing HoI4 and defeating the reich, you mean.

os9LcJK.gif

9 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Because you're the only one really raising a ruckus about it due to your (and Soul's) speculation.

Fact:  5 days of voting

Fact:  Multiple players voted

Fact:  The only one you can contest is your vote

Fact:  Your one vote wouldn't have made a difference

Fact:  You're speculating that there are other votes

If there were other votes, they should've happened within the timeframe.  When you create a poll, it says how long the poll is up for.

Given that you're in a "confidential, international" career position, I would assume you're highly educated.  Any teacher worth their salt wouldn't take in a student's request for extra time because "other students" may have better papers to turn in.  This is something that is ingrained into us at a young age till we graduate.  If you fail to make a deadline, you lose your grade, you lose your job, you lose your effort.  This isn't a new thing.  This sort of stuff occurs with us all throughout our life.

In other words, you (as an individual) should know better.

However, if you have a Doctor's excuse, please see @Sketchy~~

(On another note:  With those facts listed, and the fact that you're the one constantly pounding in "Oh you guys are afraid of losing the name" - you're a fricking idiot at arguing.  Unless you're trolling, then good job.)

That's the simple fact all you toxic people are missing. There was no deadline given. The prior one was a week. This one was arbitrarily 5 days.

4 hours ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

1st world problem if I've ever seen one.

Easy solution: Just refer to it as GSW yourselves. This poll isn't some sort of holy mandate which if ignored dooms your soul to eternal damnation; it simply decides which name goes on the wiki. You can still refer to it as GSW, not unlike how some still refer to Trail of Tiers as Git Gud Friday. And given that GSW is a popular name for this war, GSW being used as an alternative to it wouldn't be unreasonable at all.

Seriously, this isn't worth the grief/anger being displayed.

The only grief/anger is coming from others. I made a simple request which was offensive to a bunch of people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, Commander Thrawn said:

The only grief/anger is coming from others. I made a simple request which was offensive to a bunch of people.

You've made many whiny and passive-aggressive posts on this topic, argued with several people, said Settra had the reading comprehenion of a squirrel, and made accusations of voter suppression.

If that's not grieving and anger, I don't know what is.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png